TribalJake

Stealing

Other players can loot everything that isn't pin coded. So everything in your smith and anything that can't be locked will be looted which sucks. Thought it was supposed to be PvE

2 hours ago, TribalJake said:

Other players can loot everything that isn't pin coded. So everything in your smith and anything that can't be locked will be looted which sucks. Thought it was supposed to be PvE

Pincoding won't help either. ATM any player can walk up to your base and drop a claim flag on it, if your offline or away on a diff island it becomes theirs after an hour.  They can do this to rafts and boats too, if you look at the  NA PVE map you can see land claims all over the ocean where people parked their boats.

13 minutes ago, Keins Thallow said:

Pincoding won't help either. ATM any player can walk up to your base and drop a claim flag on it, if your offline or away on a diff island it becomes theirs after an hour.  They can do this to rafts and boats too, if you look at the  NA PVE map you can see land claims all over the ocean where people parked their boats.

This is incorrect. If you place a flag it will say it is stealing but if you look at the timer it is just stuck at 9:59. Sure it will alert the player that someone is trying to steal but it does nothing.  

Tested placing a flag at random territories an hour ago and this is what my results were.

Edited by ifixxed

I might be incorrect in my statement it seems. When I did the testing on Official PVE I was within render distance of all 3 "main bases" with the tribe all offline yet the flags were contested. When My tribe went to a different map form (from B7 to C9) one of our outer flag nodes was stolen.. So having someone in render distance of the important flags, seems to be key.

We just made a Test, a short one, but still.

If you are on your Claim and someone want to Claim it they will get a "Contested" aka no Steal possible.

We have 2 Claims on different Islands, a Friend fast traveled to the other Island, left the Company, made a own and dropped Flag, his Flag showed stuck 9:59min, and our Flag 1h30min and counting down, i fast traveled to that Island and the Friends steal attemt stopped, our Flag was back to "Claimed".

I then logged off and the Flag is still "Claimed" and Friend Flag "Contented".

SLEEPERS COUNT as Steal-prevent!!

Be Aware we just tested it a few min, and yes we know that in Ark Server Needs some minutes to know when a Char logs off that he is off, so we waited 15min and Flag is still not in Progress of being stolen.

Thats for now.

At first I disliked it, but now I understand it and I honestly love the concept, I just think the timer needs to be adjusted, like a six hour window or 12, after all the attacker is trying to claim my land and if they work hard enough they should get it but a more reasonable time would be like 12 hours or 1 day,

its a a great system to counter griefers, if your island is getting harassed the good players team up and steal his land, also all of this prevents no lifers to build mega structures and do a weekly login to refresh everything and prevents huge huge land grabs of clutter which lags up the game

On 12/24/2018 at 8:05 PM, Luxfere said:

Its a survival game pay attention

You CAN'T kill players in PVE, so how are you supposed to deal with thieving fa****?

They can't even properly copypaste a fully working mechanic (locking every single container in PVE).

Edited by Castillo

2 minutes ago, Castillo said:

Patch notes say nothing about locking containers (campfires, smithies, etc) in PVE.

They fixed that in Ark, for now just have them in a enclosured House

You lock up what you can lock up and you dont leave stuff in items that are not able to be locked simple game mechanics.

On 12/25/2018 at 10:01 PM, Castillo said:

You CAN'T kill players in PVE, so how are you supposed to deal with thieving fa****?

They can't even properly copypaste a fully working mechanic (locking every single container in PVE).

Make traps they can be fun! They should allow us to drag people around and drown them when they get trapped in my house. 

Edited by Luxfere