Sign in to follow this  
Bad Penny

I think I finally had enough and why this isnt fun.

2 minutes ago, Bad Penny said:

Its classic cognitive dissonance. Imo the game need a lot of systems completely rewritten and rethought out.

Then come with something good instead of your OP that makes everyone with atleast some kind of experience laugh. 

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Then come with something good instead of your OP that makes everyone with atleast some kind of experience laugh. 

You must be in one of the mega companies that never has the same issues the smaller/solo players have.

Just now, Percieval said:

I don't think you are in a position to say anything on the matter, if you have not had these bad experiences with the game you don't know what you are talking about and can't add anything.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ravenguard said:

Not just OP look around the forum, lots of people are coming up with new problems, steam reviews, even big named Youtubers give this game bad rep. When people are saying a lot of bad stuff then you need to sort out that bad stuff asap?

Again; Still what I signed up for. I knew that these were the ARK developers. I knew it could and would be damn shit again because that’s what they do. If you followed their progress you would’ve known that for the first 4 weeks their focus was primarily on server and connection related issues. They have fixed dozens of things already. 

The thing is, most game developers out there have a huge test team or even a test server where stuff gets tested before implementing. Here we need to do all the testing from scratch on. Was so with ARK, is with this game too. I don’t mind it but I’m the person that gives feedback where I believe it’s needed and I’m certainly not gonna lower my level to make a post like OP made in this thread. 

2 minutes ago, Bad Penny said:

I don't think you are in a position to say anything on the matter, if you have not had these bad experiences with the game you don't know what you are talking about and can't add anything.

Oh I have had issues in the past. I had them all, but I didn’t make such a post like you did. I gave my opinion on all matters handed to me through discord or the forums from my own experiences. 

Just like I did in my first post. 

Edited by Percieval

Again; Still what I signed up for. I knew that these were the ARK developers. I knew it could and would be damn shit again because that’s what they do. If you followed their progress you would’ve known that for the first 4 weeks their focus was primarily on server and connection related issues. They have fixed dozens of things already. 

The thing is, most game developers out there have a huge test team or even a test server where stuff gets tested before implementing. Here we need to do all the testing from scratch on. Was so with ARK, is with this game too. I don’t mind it but I’m the person that gives feedback where I believe it’s needed and I’m certainly not gonna lower my level to make a post like OP made in this thread. 

Beef i have is they ditched Dark and light for this game, which turned out to be ok with the ship stuff but worse overall..if they just put more effort into Dark and Light then this i think that would made a better MMO.

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

tldr: i think im better than everyone, let that be known

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Percieval said:

make a post like OP made in this thread. 

My OP is useful feedback.

It shows the devs around how much of their* systems an average player can endure before they quit their early access game. 

Edited by Bad Penny
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bad Penny said:

My OP is useful feedback.

It shows the devs around how much of their* systems an average player can endure before they quit your early access game. 

Useful feedback? Maybe read back my post. I went through it pretty quickly but it should atleast ring some kind of bell. 

Just spent all day with a baby bear and nooooow you know.  Can't log in.  

Is that useful feedback?  Logging off to play another game, obviously.

(AFTER I TRY ONE MORE TIME TO SAVE TEH BEAR)

Useful feedback? Maybe read back my post. I went through it pretty quickly but it should atleast ring some kind of bell. 

I don't bother reading your posts anymore unless you qoute me, all you ever say is its alpha and everything is fine. 

I stopped reading after you said "As for the elephant taming: It’s easy, people need to stop whining about it." 

Because you clearly have no idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bad Penny said:

I don't bother reading your posts anymore unless you qoute me, all you ever say is its alpha and everything is fine. 

I stopped reading after you said "As for the elephant taming: It’s easy, people need to stop whining about it." 

Because you clearly have no idea.

I think you have no idea on that matter. Since we have a new farm island, we needed new weight elephants. I have tamed 3 elephants 2 days ago and another  2 today. I didn’t have any issues with it, just like many other people if you read the other posts about it. 

But thanks for pointing out how you really are. Throwing mud pointing it out as ‘useful feedback’ to later ignore all the feedback that was given on your original mud. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Sad 1

I think you have no idea on that matter. Since we have a new farm island, we needed new weight elephants. I have tamed 3 elephants 2 days ago and another  2 today. I didn’t have any issues with it, just like many other people if you read the other posts about it. 

Great, good for you. 

That has not been my experience at all,  just like many other people if you read the other posts about it. 

And good for you that you have a farm island when players like me can't even plant a single flag. We are not even playing the same game. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bad Penny said:

Great, good for you. 

That has not been my experience at all,  just like many other people if you read the other posts about it. 

And good for you that you have a farm island when players like me can't even plant a single flag. We are not even playing the same game. 

If you have it on the beach with nothing blocking it and you sit at his elbow when he’s laying down on his left side, it’s a very easy tame. 

You mean the posts of people telling the others ‘thank you I can now tame my elephant’ ?

Edited by Percieval

If you have it on the beach with nothing blocking it and you sit at his elbow when he’s laying down on his left side, it’s a very easy tame. 

You mean the posts of people telling the others ‘thank you I can now tame my elephant’ ?

I have been trying to free tame the elephant, I have watched videos of people taming them. I get the option to feed but when you press E, nothing happens. 

Just now, Bad Penny said:

I have been trying to free tame the elephant, I have watched videos of people taming them. I get the option to feed but when you press E, nothing happens. 

Had that, that means it’s blocked by something. Could be as little as a small rock. Or because it’s on his left side, if there’s absolutely nothing around him, you can feed it. 

6 hours ago, Chett said:

Perci, you bigot, get a RL !

I don’t know what this means, and if I’m honest, that’s a good sign. 

@Percieval and @Ravenguard you guys are arguing about something where imo, you both are right and both are wrong. This is not a black and white issue. Yes the game is clearly advertised as Early Access and consumers should be aware of that and take it into account when choosing to participate in an Early Access phase. On that point I agree with Percieval. But Perc, I've made this point to you in other threads. When you use the term alpha interchangeably with EA and insist they are the same thing and people have no right to complain, you are ignoring an important material difference: no one paid to participate in alphas or betas when they were the standard model. If you aren't paying and the product is under development, then no, you have no legitimate right to bitch. The moment the developers start charging you money for EA, that changes. Now you are a paying customer, and I disagree with the premise you've approached this from which seems to be that as a paying customer I still have no right to expect anything other than paying to participate in an alpha.

As a consumer that is a pretty absurd notion.Why should I pay to participate in something that has been free for the entire history of the industries existence? However given that there is very little downside for developers in this approach, we as consumers shouldn't reasonably expect them to voluntarily change the system as presently constructed, it's working just fine for them, less so for us. What we should be doing is demanding some standards for what constitutes an EA product. Others have noted before that currently there is a wide range of the quality of product being offered under the label EA. Some EA games are borderline ready to release and lack only polish. Others *cough* Atlas *cough* were released as barely playable and with so many issues that Steam was forced to ignore it's normal refund policy when dealing with Atlas's launch.

I believe the answer is not to yell at each other repeatedly about who is delusional but to agree that the present system isn't advantageous to consumers and demand that Steam institute clear standards for the level of development a game must meet before it can be offered as EA. In the long run this is in everyone's interest, as Steam won't have to deal with headaches like the charlie foxtrot of Atlas's launch, developers will be less likely to shoot themselves in the foot by releasing a product to EA that will develop such a poor reputation out of the gate that it has no chance to succeed, and most importantly consumers will get a clearer expectation of what EA means, which we deserve.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

@Percieval and @Ravenguard you guys are arguing about something where imo, you both are right and both are wrong. This is not a black and white issue. Yes the game is clearly advertised as Early Access and consumers should be aware of that and take it into account when choosing to participate in an Early Access phase. On that point I agree with Percieval. But Perc, I've made this point to you in other threads. When you use the term alpha interchangeably with EA and insist they are the same thing and people have no right to complain, you are ignoring an important material difference: no one paid to participate in alphas or betas when they were the standard model. If you aren't paying and the product is under development, then no, you have no legitimate right to bitch. The moment the developers start charging you money for EA, that changes. Now you are a paying customer, and I disagree with the premise you've approached this from which seems to be that as a paying customer I still have no right to expect anything other than paying to participate in an alpha.

As a consumer that is a pretty absurd notion.Why should I pay to participate in something that has been free for the entire history of the industries existence? However given that there is very little downside for developers in this approach, we as consumers shouldn't reasonably expect them to voluntarily change the system as presently constructed, it's working just fine for them, less so for us. What we should be doing is demanding some standards for what constitutes an EA product. Others have noted before that currently there is a wide range of the quality of product being offered under the label EA. Some EA games are borderline ready to release and lack only polish. Others *cough* Atlas *cough* were released as barely playable and with so many issues that Steam was forced to ignore it's normal refund policy when dealing with Atlas's launch.

I believe the answer is not to yell at each other repeatedly about who is delusional but to agree that the present system isn't advantageous to consumers and demand that Steam institute clear standards for the level of development a game must meet before it can be offered as EA. In the long run this is in everyone's interest, as Steam won't have to deal with headaches like the charlie foxtrot of Atlas's launch, developers will be less likely to shoot themselves in the foot by releasing a product to EA that will develop such a poor reputation out of the gate that it has no chance to succeed, and most importantly consumers will get a clearer expectation of what EA means, which we deserve.

Never said people can’t complain about it or give feedback. I’m saying people could have known this stuff could happen during EA so they shouldn’t be that surprised. 

21 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Never said people can’t complain about it or give feedback. I’m saying people could have known this stuff could happen during EA so they shouldn’t be that surprised. 

No but every time you post about it, whether intentional or not, the tone you convey is that they have no right to expect more than participating in an alpha, and I'm of the opinion they do. Also by using the terms EA and alpha interchangeably, your posts conflate these two things, and I think the fact money is changing hands makes them materially different.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

No but every time you post about it, whether intentional or not, the tone you convey is that they have no right to expect more than participating in an alpha, and I'm of the opinion they do. Also by using the terms EA and alpha interchangeably, your posts conflate these two things, and I think the fact money is changing hands makes them materially different.

In here EA can either mean alpha or paid-alpha. So for me it’s alpha. People can complain all they want, but comments like ‘I stopped playing because of this’ which happens to be an excellent EA reason.. 

• Confused 1

This game is unforgiving to the solo player, and unfortunately there is no choice for Single Player mode. Fortunately, we started out as a few of us together, and that helped tremendously. Getting into a company can be really tough as well, and you'll most likely bounce a few times until you find the right one. I would recommend however, maybe something like the Dark RP server, I hear it's excellent with tons of players and you could probably find a nice home there. At least to get the experience of the game. Or, if you're determined to stay off unofficial, go ahead and start in one of the Equatorial ports and head out to the closest lawless region. Start setting up a small base there. It'll be tough, you'll probably spend a whole day checking out the island, talk to the locals, find out if there's a spot for you. Get a little section of your own and start working with the other groups that are there. If you like one of them, join them (merge, don't lose your stuffs), and go from there. It can be tough and intimidating, but you can't really solo this game. And this saves you time, and even if you die in one lawless, head to the next one that is near that freeport. Repeat until you find your own little spot. 

And last little tip: do NOT spend your time making huge ships and releasing them until you have a protected harbor. Stick with schooners, as they will get sunk but are super easy to replace, even in solo mode!

21 hours ago, Ravenguard said:

No excuse for the whole EA bs cant hide behind it...game is on steam and being sold for real money its not longer a Beta or any of the BS its a sold product which is not meeting quality standards.

As far as I'm concerned if it wasn't for Early Access titles Steam would've gone bankrupt years ago.  The only decent titles here pretty much started as EA, and everything else is glorified side-scrollers from the 80s or Candy Crush-like games from smartphones.

Before Steam came along getting the opportunity to participate in the development process was primarily by invitation only.

Caveat Emptor: Let the buyer beware.  If you think that EA is going to give you the ability to play a game as envisioned 2 or more years before it has been written then maybe you would've been better off buying those magic beans.

Percieval continues to be in denial, he wont accept that people are leaving because of fundamental flaws in game design.

They don't need your permission to leave Percieval, however much of an expert in this game you think you are.

Perhaps the Feb changes will improve things lets see.

I'm done with official servers, I may play around on an unofficial with the right ruleset, but I'm currently undecided.

All I know is that the OP's original list was very accurate. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Chunder the KegSmasher said:

Percieval continues to be in denial, he wont accept that people are leaving because of fundamental flaws in game design.

They don't need your permission to leave Percieval, however much of an expert in this game you think you are.

Perhaps the Feb changes will improve things lets see.

I'm done with official servers, I may play around on an unofficial with the right ruleset, but I'm currently undecided.

All I know is that the OP's original list was very accurate. 

Denial? I always like people like you. You see 1 comment and think every post of mine is the same. Shows me before completing my response what kind of person you are. 

As for the acceptance of people leaving, I'm one of the few that (evidently) expected it from the start. The people that make the posts that 'people are leaving' are the ones that (evidently) can't, won't accept it or simply just want make a thread about something. I never said they needed my permission, but people putting worths in other people's mouths are always the great kind of society. You showed me in 1 post why you can't be taken seriously at all. You know, the first few weeks of the game I handled people like you differently, but I'm done with the 'always being kind' thing. 

• Confused 1