Sign in to follow this  
Bad Penny

I think I finally had enough and why this isnt fun.

First the things that arnt fun. 

Falling on another persons raft or boat makes me have to punch suicide to get off of it. 

Trying to tame an Elephant for 3 weeks and still can't feed the damn thing.

Still can't find any land, camped out on lawless.

Toxic players. (git gud l2p)

Spending hours at sea traveling. 

Waiting over a a full minute for my items on my hot bar to re-equip, 30 seconds to reload 2 pistols etc. 

Being Bola'd and rooted in pvp. 

Joining a company and they don't let you destroy your own buildings, leave company. 

Shooting Crocodile with cannon, Crocodile laughs, kills you through hull of the ship. 

Junk loot, worthless crafting patterns etc.

Giant stone gates everywhere. 

Spending hours for days building a ship only to have it sunk due to a bug. (schooner flipped and exploded) 

Everything related to aging and FoY. 

Broken skills. (all the bow skills are broken for me) no plus damage etc. 

PVE = no war.

PVP = too much war

My pvp experience:

Build RS Sloop. travel across 13 zones looking for place to set up, looking for company etc. get blown up by brig with 14 large cannons. Spawn in freeport try again, rinse repeat 5x. 

I'm level 38 on PvP. In all that time only one group wanted to let me join their co. nobody had a place for me to build, every player I met tried to kill me or destroy my ship. Completely wiped out and started from scratch 5 times at least, a few times I managed to set up a shipyard and build a better boat but that didn't help at all really.   

My pve experiance: Me asking myself, whats the point of this?

I could go on and on but wont bother, just needed to vent. 

K bye

• Like 5

As for the rafts: Own fault.

As for the elephant taming: It’s easy, people need to stop whining about it.

About the not finding land; Someone on the forums explained to us that there is plenty of available land on the PvE servers. Maybe contact him. 

Spending hours on sea? What’d you expect from a pirate game. 

The rearming is a fix for ARK’s endless battles, I like it.

If you know a crocodile can hit you from inside the ship, maybe next time don’t do it like that. Improvise, adapt, overcome.

next 3 points are purely EA.

You’re surprised you’re getting killed in PvP? When I sail around there’s plenty of land. If you’re solo, it will be harder. Hopefully I don’t need to explain more. 

I’m happy that these points make you stop playing this game. Then it’s definitely not worth it! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I’m happy that these points make you stop playing this game. Then it’s definitely not worth it! 

wat?

anyways, great, thx for your opinion. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bad Penny said:

First the things that arnt fun. 

Falling on another persons raft or boat makes me have to punch suicide to get off of it. 

Trying to tame an Elephant for 3 weeks and still can't feed the damn thing.

Still can't find any land, camped out on lawless.

Toxic players. (git gud l2p)

Spending hours at sea traveling. 

Waiting over a a full minute for my items on my hot bar to re-equip, 30 seconds to reload 2 pistols etc. 

Being Bola'd and rooted in pvp. 

Joining a company and they don't let you destroy your own buildings, leave company. 

Shooting Crocodile with cannon, Crocodile laughs, kills you through hull of the ship. 

Junk loot, worthless crafting patterns etc.

Giant stone gates everywhere. 

Spending hours for days building a ship only to have it sunk due to a bug. (schooner flipped and exploded) 

Everything related to aging and FoY. 

Broken skills. (all the bow skills are broken for me) no plus damage etc. 

PVE = no war.

PVP = too much war

My pvp experience:

Build RS Sloop. travel across 13 zones looking for place to set up, looking for company etc. get blown up by brig with 14 large cannons. Spawn in freeport try again, rinse repeat 5x. 

I'm level 38 on PvP. In all that time only one group wanted to let me join their co. nobody had a place for me to build, every player I met tried to kill me or destroy my ship. Completely wiped out and started from scratch 5 times at least, a few times I managed to set up a shipyard and build a better boat but that didn't help at all really.   

My pve experiance: Me asking myself, whats the point of this?

I could go on and on but wont bother, just needed to vent. 

K bye

You are pretty much right on the nose with most of this. A hybrid server would cure alot of these issues.

Edited by Khazador
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Percieval said:

You’re surprised you’re getting killed in PvP?

He's probably surprised that everyone and his brother is trying to kill him if they have at least a few guns on board.

1 minute ago, LaiTash said:

He's probably surprised that everyone and his brother is trying to kill him if they have at least a few guns on board.

Always fun when people are surprised by the obvious. 

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Always fun when people are surprised by the obvious. 

Not saying it wasn't expected. However since there's no high sec or just a secure station to run into and take a break it's getting old and people are getting tired.

• Like 2

The only thing I’m bother by is the ease of being offline raided. And my raised I mean deleted. Months of building and item accumulate can be deleted in one night. It’s too easy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

As for the rafts: Own fault.

As for the elephant taming: It’s easy, people need to stop whining about it.

About the not finding land; Someone on the forums explained to us that there is plenty of available land on the PvE servers. Maybe contact him. 

Spending hours on sea? What’d you expect from a pirate game. 

The rearming is a fix for ARK’s endless battles, I like it.

If you know a crocodile can hit you from inside the ship, maybe next time don’t do it like that. Improvise, adapt, overcome.

next 3 points are purely EA.

You’re surprised you’re getting killed in PvP? When I sail around there’s plenty of land. If you’re solo, it will be harder. Hopefully I don’t need to explain more. 

No excuse for the whole EA bs cant hide behind it...game is on steam and being sold for real money its not longer a Beta or any of the BS its a sold product which is not meeting quality standards.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, LaiTash said:

Not saying it wasn't expected. However since there's no high sec or just a secure station to run into and take a break it's getting old and people are getting tired.

Exactly, and no incentive whatsoever to not kill everyone you see I guess for most people still playing. The developers maybe need to look at what made eve online successful and try to copy some of that stuff, idk.

Right now, the only thing that would make me play it again is if there were free crafting stations in the free port, something to make it more easy to restart.I could respec into explosive barrels and make a suicide raft to go get some revenge. Trying to sloop around and progress has been the worst experience ever. 

17 minutes ago, Ravenguard said:

No excuse for the whole EA bs cant hide behind it...game is on steam and being sold for real money its not longer a Beta or any of the BS its a sold product which is not meeting quality standards.

You’re delusional. If not, you’re nothing more than a troll. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You’re delusional. If not, you’re nothing more than a troll. 

I paid money for something that should be still behind closed betas and small select test groups for another year in production, yea im the delusional one for buying this game in the first place.

Also bought EA titles before that had way more polish then this game. So hiding behind a EA tag is unacceptable when other games can do a much better job.

Edited by Ravenguard
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ravenguard said:

I paid money for something that should be still behind closed betas and small select test groups for another year in production, yea im the delusional one for buying this game in the first place.

You paid to participate in the development of the game that is currently in Alpha state. Great you atleast knew what the sign said when you bought it, right? 

Edited by Percieval

You paid to participate in the development of the game that is currently in Alpha state. Great you atleast knew what the sign said when you bought it, right? 

Nothing on steam states its an Alpha, only early access and lots companies use those for pre launch like DAYS before a FINISHED product comes out, saying this game is not quite even Early access standards. And seems just to be getting worse not better which is the most annoying part.

1 minute ago, Ravenguard said:

Nothing on steam states its an Alpha, only early access and lots companies use those for pre launch like DAYS before a FINISHED product comes out, saying this game is not quite even Early access standards. And seems just to be getting worse not better which is the most annoying part.

Early Access is alpha state. You seem to have trouble keeping ‘early access development’ and Origin’s early acces’ apart. Maybe do some research next time. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Bluexminder said:

dont mind percieval you can tell from the amount of his posts that he likes to be a negative nancy on his free time

I’m trying to keep all the negativity away this community tries to unleash on the game. But thanks. 

I’m always fascinated by people that attack the dude that is right rather than the one spreading bullshit. 

Edited by Percieval

1 minute ago, Bluexminder said:

dont mind percieval you can tell from the amount of his posts that he likes to be a negative nancy on his free time

Just don't know how someone can act like a sheep, We the paying customer paid for the game, they want out help so we suggest stuff but it seems largely ignored. Also with all the money they got surely better servers can be bought cause right now they suck. Just seems they got half the game right with the ships and ship building but half the game wrong with the land system and issues.

Just now, Ravenguard said:

Just don't know how someone can act like a sheep, We the paying customer paid for the game, they want out help so we suggest stuff but it seems largely ignored. Also with all the money they got surely better servers can be bought cause right now they suck. Just seems they got half the game right with the ships and ship building but half the game wrong with the land system and issues.

What suggestions? There weren’t made any in this thread. 

Just now, Percieval said:

What suggestions? There weren’t made any in this thread. 

Because there is a section for it? But some of this stuff looks like concerns of a good few players, most of it is the player made problems and bugs.

Because there is a section for it? But some of this stuff looks like concerns of a good few players, most of it is the player made problems and bugs.

You mean the things OP said? 

5 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I’m always fascinated by people that attack the dude that is right rather than the one spreading bullshit. 

Because it's easier to fall off a ladder than to climb one.

Its classic cognitive dissonance. Imo the game need a lot of systems completely rewritten and rethought out.

Just now, Percieval said:

You mean the things OP said? 

Not just OP look around the forum, lots of people are coming up with new problems, steam reviews, even big named Youtubers give this game bad rep. When people are saying a lot of bad stuff then you need to sort out that bad stuff asap?

Imo I'm not surprised at all the complaining. Most of us that are tolerant of the bugs are previous ark players. This game or ark should never be a standard players get used to on an any type of release. 

Edited by Bluexminder
  • Like 1