Konvar

Game over...

21 days left and 50% of the players will forget about this horror.

Nothing works right. It's like jumping on someone else's raft.

The solution to all problems - eat poop.

Give a normal single player game, no nerves to play this bug.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Percieval said:

Bye kid. 

smart people will go, idlers like you and drug addicts will stay

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Konvar said:

Hurling insults at people who disagree with you does little to discredit the notion you're just throwing a tantrum. Also showing up at an MMO forum and asking for a single player mode is a bit like showing up at an AA meeting and complaining there's no Jack Daniels.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Konvar said:

21 days left and 50% of the players will forget about this horror.

Nothing works right. It's like jumping on someone else's raft.

The solution to all problems - eat poop.

Give a normal single player game, no nerves to play this bug.

Don't go on other peoples boats..

2 hours ago, Konvar said:

Judging from your comment, you’re even dumber than I am 😉 

23 hours ago, Percieval said:

Bye kid. 

Spreading positivity in the community like always Percieval.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Hurling insults at people who disagree with you does little to discredit the notion you're just throwing a tantrum. Also showing up at an MMO forum and asking for a single player mode is a bit like showing up at an AA meeting and complaining there's no Jack Daniels.

Yeah ok, you got me to laugh on this one. Don’t let it go to your head lol

35 minutes ago, Auglyn said:

Spreading positivity in the community like always Percieval.

Thanks mate. 

6 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Thats what this game needs, a Single player mode so players can play without fools like you.

3 minutes ago, sand man said:

Thats what this game needs, a Single player mode so players can play without fools like you.

I'm pretty sure you're not obligated to call anyone a fool since your last comment. You should be proud of yourself 😉 

• Confused 1

Just now, Percieval said:

I'm pretty sure you're not obligated to call anyone a fool since your last comment. You should be proud of yourself 😉 

Whats wrong with a SP option,,  Ark had it and this is the same game.

• Like 1

Just now, sand man said:

Whats wrong with a SP option,,  Ark had it and this is the same game.

Oh sorry mate, I misread the quote he made before, took you for someone else. OT; yes I like a SP option. Shame it probably would only be 1 grid though. But for the purpose of easy base building / testing mods etc it would be a relief. 

• Like 1

Just now, Percieval said:

Oh sorry mate, I misread the quote he made before, took you for someone else. OT; yes I like a SP option. Shame it probably would only be 1 grid though. But for the purpose of easy base building / testing mods etc it would be a relief. 

All is cool i think a SP mode would allow players to play when the Servers dont work,,,which is abit common for some.

36 minutes ago, sand man said:

If you had a better understanding of what the entire MMO genre is predicated on, you would probably realize I'm not the one looking foolish in this exchange.

• Confused 1

Just now, boomervoncannon said:

If you had a better understanding of what the entire MMO genre is predicated on, you would probably realize I'm not the one looking foolish in this exchange.

Theres alot of people who wants this added, biggest thread on Steam,,,,,so whos the Fool now ?

2 minutes ago, sand man said:

Theres alot of people who wants this added, biggest thread on Steam,,,,,so whos the Fool now ?

Just because a lot of people want something doesn't mean it makes sense or is a good idea. The MMO genre is predicated on lots of players in a common online world. The developers have already stated that competition for land, empire building, economy with trading for goods, and different professions or skills requiring players to work together to be able to do all of them are just some of the aspects of this particular genre that a single player mode would be inherently unable to provide. Saying this game is just the same as Ark belies either ignorance of, or indifference to these core ideas. There are many many single player games out there. Coming to a particular MMO and then loudly insisting that the game should be SP option demonstrates that everyone doing so doesn't really understand how these kinds of games work. 

So to answer your question, the fool is the person who doesn't understand what they're talking about, regardless of how many of them there might be, or how loudly they might whinge.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

Just because a lot of people want something doesn't mean it makes sense or is a good idea. The MMO genre is predicated on lots of players in a common online world. The developers have already stated that competition for land, empire building, economy with trading for goods, and different professions or skills requiring players to work together to be able to do all of them are just some of the aspects of this particular genre that a single player mode would be inherently unable to provide. Saying this game is just the same as Ark belies either ignorance of, or indifference to these core ideas. There are many many single player games out there. Coming to a particular MMO and then loudly insisting that the game should be SP option demonstrates that everyone doing so doesn't really understand how these kinds of games work. 

So to answer your question, the fool is the person who doesn't understand what they're talking about, regardless of how many of them there might be, or how loudly they might whinge.

Common online world of Griefing, sounds wonderful, just amazing...........Roll on Single player option.

Roll on

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

Doesn't have to be one grid, some guy wrote a program to only open the grid you are on, and then open the next when you sail into it. Maybe these devs can't code it, but others can.

Edited by FruitBatCat

5 hours ago, sand man said:

Common online world of Griefing, sounds wonderful, just amazing...........Roll on Single player option.

Roll on

So you couldn't answer the points I made so you're practicing the common tactic of shifting focus.

Got it.

Griefing is always going to be an issue in MMO's, that's just a reality. This goes double for a game in the early stages of it's development cycle, when the game's systems are still being poked, prodded, tweaked and tested by both players and developers alike. So that leaves you with a fairly basic choice to make:

A) Accept that griefing cannot be eliminated and provide documented evidence whenever you encounter it so that it can (hopefully) be addressed and minimized over time. As part of this you will need to understand that administrative action is unlikely to be as swift as you might like, and in GrapeCard's case, there is a lengthy track record of response times that are poor at best.

B) Play single player games where griefing is a non option.

If one were truly foolish, one could attempt 

C) Demand a single player mode in an MMO genre game where numerous core game mechanics preclude that ever having more than a snowball's chance in hell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1