Sign in to follow this  
ave26

Increase freeport decay time to 15 hours as a temporary solution

Just now, labatts said:

your joking right most of the complaints on reddit are about land claims and even a bunch on the forums are complaining about how they were implemented

Dunno, the silent majority are ok with them.

And dude, no one really cares about what YOU want or don't want. Atlas will die if it stays in it's current state, it doesn't take a genius to see that. Even the most hardcore fanboys will get tired after having to start from scratch for the 100th time. Hell many of them didn't have to yet, so probably they'll ragequit after the first one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, labatts said:

The design isn't flawed people just want different style of play and instead of demanding official server to  change and posting it here on the forums they are going to unofficial to play and have fun.  Well I for one do not want it to change and like the setup how it is. And i know for a fact other people have the same view as I do. 

I am not disputing people sharing your vision, i am disputing your claim that they are the large majority of the players and you that the people being offline raided aren't the ones leaving the game. I find this to be highly unlikely.

And as for ORP in one shape or form, i don't see it as bad for the game at all. Forcing people to actually pvp to take someones base out might just encourage more pvp. And they don't have to balance the game around offline raiding which is always gonna come as a compromise to online raiding.

Just now, LaiTash said:

Dunno, the silent majority are ok with them.

And dude, no one really cares about what YOU want or don't want. Atlas will die if it stays in it's current state, it doesn't take a genius to see that. Even the most hardcore fanboys will get tired after having to start from scratch for the 100th time. Hell many of them didn't have to yet, so probably they'll ragequit after the first one.

Atlas will die yes in its current state i agree. ORP will not fix that. Where do you get this crazy notion that we need ORP for atlas to live. That is not the issue. 

2 minutes ago, Pant said:

I am not disputing people sharing your vision, i am disputing your claim that they are the large majority of the players and you that the people being offline raided aren't the ones leaving the game. I find this to be highly unlikely.

And as for ORP in one shape or form, i don't see it as bad for the game at all. Forcing people to actually pvp to take someones base out might just encourage more pvp. And they don't have to balance the game around offline raiding which is always gonna come as a compromise to online raiding.

Yes there are people leaving the game probably due to being raided offline. But the way most people are making it out to be is that it's the only reason. Which i totally disagree with. People are complaining about far more things than being offlined. 

Just now, labatts said:

Atlas will die yes in its current state i agree. ORP will not fix that. Where do you get this crazy notion that we need ORP for atlas to live. That is not the issue. 

Because... people on reddit and forums and everywhere are complaining about being offline raided and loosing their ships every single night?

Ah yes, they are complaining less now. Because many of them left the game at this point.

It's not a crazy notion but a fact of life. Every single MMO that had no restrictions on PvP (even then there wasn't any that was as bad as Atlas when it comes to griefing and offline raiding) has died really fast.

Yes there are people leaving the game probably due to being raided offline. But the way most people are making it out to be is that it's the only reason. Which i totally disagree with. People are complaining about far more things than being offlined. 

No its not the only reason but you are basically going in the other extreme and saying it isn't an issue at all.

Keeping a base or ships is not worth it in the games current state. If i want some fun i build a sloop in a freeport, get some oil jars and sink a few megacompany ships. Or i build a quick cannon and sink them.

Then i sink my own ship and repeat the next weekend. Its the only way to go for solo players.

1 minute ago, Pant said:

No its not the only reason but you are basically going in the other extreme and saying it isn't an issue at all.

The issue i have with ORP is that its abused and exploited to the point of game breaking. If they came up with other ideas like i suggested before by having a structure resistance so buildings and ships took way less damage to explosives while a company is offline I think would be a great solution. But to make it so they take no damage when a company is offline shouldn't happen. 

1 minute ago, Talono said:

Keeping a base or ships is not worth it in the games current state. If i want some fun i build a sloop in a freeport, get some oil jars and sink a few megacompany ships. Or i build a quick cannon and sink them.

Then i sink my own ship and repeat the next weekend. Its the only way to go for solo players.

I have had a base in lawless area for 2 weeks untouched full of loot. Yes I have went through plenty of ships but they are easy to get. Some have even lasted days in the lawless area. Many were sunk just because i made mistakes out sailing lol. 

6 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Because... people on reddit and forums and everywhere are complaining about being offline raided and loosing their ships every single night?

Ah yes, they are complaining less now. Because many of them left the game at this point.

It's not a crazy notion but a fact of life. Every single MMO that had no restrictions on PvP (even then there wasn't any that was as bad as Atlas when it comes to griefing and offline raiding) has died really fast.

What other games do you speak of ?? there are no other games like Atlas and do not say EVE they are not the same. 

4 minutes ago, labatts said:

The issue i have with ORP is that its abused and exploited to the point of game breaking. If they came up with other ideas like i suggested before by having a structure resistance so buildings and ships took way less damage to explosives while a company is offline I think would be a great solution. But to make it so they take no damage when a company is offline shouldn't happen. 

See now i am confused af, because you have been saying the whole time you don't want ORP and then you say this which basically is ORP. And the whole time you come across like you want the whole discussion dead because you like thing the way they are.

3 minutes ago, Pant said:

See now i am confused af, because you have been saying the whole time you don't want ORP and then you say this which basically is ORP. And the whole time you come across like you want the whole discussion dead because you like thing the way they are.

I see ORP as you cannot do any damage at all to bases or ships while a company / tribe is offline. I don't consider having a structure buff while offline ORP. 

Edited by labatts

6 minutes ago, labatts said:

What other games do you speak of ?? there are no other games like Atlas and do not say EVE they are not the same. 

It's basically the same at it's core. A territory control full loot PvP mmo with ships where large alliances rule the world.

Edited by LaiTash

Just now, labatts said:

I see ORP as you cannot do any damage at all to bases or ships while a company / tribe is offline.

Offline raiding protection not offline raiding immunity. And how can you say ORP is being abused when theres no ORP in the game, how can you possibly know this?

Just now, Pant said:

Offline raiding protection not offline raiding immunity. And how can you say ORP is being abused when theres no ORP in the game, how can you possibly know this?

It was abused in Ark. People are wanting the same thing in terms of being offline you cant be raided. So why would it be any different if put in Altas ? 

4 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

It's basically the same at it's core. A territory control full loot PvP mmo with ships where large alliances rule the world.

Minus the whole base building aspect along with few other things. 

Just now, labatts said:

It was abused in Ark. People are wanting the same thing in terms of being offline you cant be raided. So why would it be any different if put in Altas ? 

It doesn't have to be the same system? It could be a siege mechanic where you have to set a time and date for when to attack, it could be a grace period, it could be a million different systems. Trying to put the discussion dead certainly isn't going to help anyone regardless of your view on ORP.

Minus the whole base building aspect along with few other things. 

Base building doesn't change the main idea. In atlas you build bases to control territory. In eve you build stations to establish control over the territory. 

2 minutes ago, Pant said:

It doesn't have to be the same system? It could be a siege mechanic where you have to set a time and date for when to attack, it could be a grace period, it could be a million different systems. Trying to put the discussion dead certainly isn't going to help anyone regardless of your view on ORP.

NOOO please do not add any siege mechanic where you have to declare war on someone to raid lol. That use to be in darkfall and absolutely hated that aspect of it. 

The real pirates in ATLAS should be smaller lawless groups who attack transport ships of big companies, other smaller groups. Big companies are busy with big wars, expanding and politics. But no, smaller groups, especially who live on lawless have no fucking way to save their ship during the night so they're mostly busy with rebuilding ships until they're eventually fed up with it and quit as thousands have done already. I'm 100% sure if they did increase decay time in freeport few weeeks ago, we would have at least 10k people more in the game right now. I'm also afraid it might be too late to save this game. For most people (those who left)  it was such a frustrating experience, not an enjoyable one and probably will never come back..

Spend hours and hours building and preparing ship just to wake up and find out it was sunk by a naked guy with 1 or 2 oil jars and 2 fire arrows. Funny thing, in lawless zone you can actually see if a company is offline by checking building timer which is also absurd so there is absolutely no reason to risk doing this while people are online.

I have 350 hours in this game and NEVER lost a ship in a PVP battle, all of them were sunk by oil jars, fire arrows and bugs. PVP my ass.

• Like 1

I parked my brigg at a freeport, cause i had to take my dad to the doctor, was back within two hours and found my ship destroyed and totally stripped, everything gone incl nearly 7000 gpld, so imo this is a stupid friggin mechanic