Sign in to follow this  
ave26

Increase freeport decay time to 15 hours as a temporary solution

Tried having 8 puckle guns around the ship and they seem to be useless. If I'm saving it in freeport i have to fucking wake up after 6-7 hours just because of ur fucking video game. Servers are empty, so this wont make freeports overcrowded, just more lively. 

Why is it a problem if people are able to save their ships? Everybody wants to see more ships on the seas which would make more cool PVP. Right now, 80% of the gameplay is farming if ure in a small company.

because if thats how it worked EVERYONE would have there ships in freeports so they dont get overcrowded. did you not think before posting this

?

11 minutes ago, sacreddingo said:

because if thats how it worked EVERYONE would have there ships in freeports so they dont get overcrowded. did you not think before posting this

?

Not only that. Freeports aren’t there to hang around and I agree. They’re also full of good stuff so to farm there a lot is not something I would want. 

Freeports are there to salvage ships of people who don't understand how sandbars work!

7 hours ago, sacreddingo said:

because if thats how it worked EVERYONE would have there ships in freeports

You don't know that. A ship at a freeport is less useful than a ship at your base. You also need to farm materials for repairs constantly when at a freeport.

I've been stationing my ship at a freeport for several days because i was too far away from the base, now i'm back home and the boat is parked near the home base until i feel like travelling again. 

It doesn't hurt to try, aren't we all testers here?

I no longer build ships as i cant protect them in any way from one shot trolls.

Large stone garage is no longer working, after the stone nerf the gates are like paper and down in just 1 raft broadside.

If you are too lazy to build a raft you can also sink any galleon with just 2 oil jars.

No defence = no fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LaiTash said:

You don't know that. A ship at a freeport is less useful than a ship at your base. You also need to farm materials for repairs constantly when at a freeport.

I've been stationing my ship at a freeport for several days because i was too far away from the base, now i'm back home and the boat is parked near the home base until i feel like travelling again. 

It doesn't hurt to try, aren't we all testers here?

That would be the like adding a PVE area in the middle of PVP. It would be abused like other mechanics people are asking for. All you would have to do to keep all your valuables safe would be spawn onto ship in freeport cross the server line and cross back and u have a Safe place to keep all of your items for another 16 hrs or for however long u ended up making the timer for. Eventually the freeports would be just congested with tons of ships with everyones loot on it with no fear of losing it. 

3 minutes ago, labatts said:

It would be abused like other mechanics people are asking for.

It would be lesser of two evils. Any mechanics or lack of it is going to be abused in the end.

Edited by LaiTash

3 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

It would be lesser of two evils. Any mechanics or lack of it is going to be abused in the end.

that is my point exactly. By adding in this mechanics they are abused and unfair and ruin the game. 

4 minutes ago, labatts said:

that is my point exactly. By adding in this mechanics they are abused and unfair and ruin the game. 

The lack of it is ruining the game as we speak. How the new mechanics would affect the game is merely a speculation until it's tested on live.

I know some people want to have PvP anywhere, anytime, and for no consequences, no safe zones and no safety nets but if the devs will only listen to them there won't be many people left to PvP with soon.

Edited by LaiTash

I can tell you already what i would do by adding that in. I would make a fleet of schooners etc in lawless area sail them to just the other side in freeport and leave them there. I would then go build a sloop or a schooner as my transport ship and just make runs living off the ships in freeport that cant be touched i would say thats a broken mechanic. 

Edited by labatts

1 minute ago, labatts said:

I would make a feet of schooners etc in lawless area sail them to just the other side in freeport and leave them there.

Good luck repairing your fleet then.

10 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Good luck repairing your fleet then.

I wouldnt have to repair them if i just left them in the freeport area. All i would have to do is move them out of the server real quick and then move them back and they are safe again . 

7 minutes ago, labatts said:

I wouldnt have to repair them if i just left them in the freeport area. 

Yes, you would have to.

Just now, LaiTash said:

Yes, you would have to.

Explain why I would have to repair the ships ? 

Just now, labatts said:

Because your ships take damage every few minutes while you're at a freeport area.

Just now, LaiTash said:

Because your ships take damage every few minutes while you're at a freeport area.

So just repairing the ships every say 16 hrs is still broken when they cant be damaged at all or raided. That would be the same as adding in ORP but for when you are online as well.

3 minutes ago, labatts said:

That would be the same as adding in ORP but for when you are online as well.

It comes with a cost (not just the repair cost, convenience cost too) so it's ok. You can't do much at a freeport anyway. Also we're getting player shops soon, so i'm 99% certain that there will be some sort of safe storage added too.

Edited by LaiTash

1 minute ago, LaiTash said:

It comes with a cost (not just the repair cost, convenience cost too) so it's ok. You can't do much at a freeport anyway. Also we're getting player shops soon, so i'm 99% certain that there will be some sort of safe storage added too.

Still a little cost to keep your stuff safe raid free is little to no hassle when it comes down to it. The shop i am assuming is gonna be like a auction house. Which means you will have to ship your stuff to the freeport area. So only time your good will be safe is once you join the freeport server. If you take them out of that server you can lose them that goes for whoever buys them as well. 

Just now, labatts said:

Still a little cost to keep your stuff safe raid free is little to no hassle when it comes down to it.

You can do this already with current costs, but somehow it's not a real problem.

1 minute ago, labatts said:

The shop i am assuming is gonna be like a auction house. Which means you will have to ship your stuff to the freeport area.

And then your goods are safe from raiding, because they are listed for sale at freport. Name a price that noone's willing to pay and you get an improvised safe storage. And yes when you take them out of a freeport they can be taken away from you, but that is true for OP's suggestion too.

20 minutes ago, labatts said:

They didnt know that Unanchored Ship dont Take Freeport Decay, just normal Decay 😄

Just now, LaiTash said:

You can do this already with current costs, but somehow it's not a real problem.

And then your goods are safe from raiding, because they are listed for sale at freport. Name a price that noone's willing to pay and you get an improvised safe storage. And yes when you take them out of a freeport they can be taken away from you, but that is true for OP's suggestion too.

Its not a problem because it only last 4 hours. By making it longer like the OP is wanting 16 hrs etc makes it less of a hassle and more exploitable. You have to pay to keep those goods there and the auction only last for so many hours then you must put them back on. I am not sure how they are going to implement this yet so will have to wait and see. Like most things the devs have said they leave out all he important details,

2 minutes ago, labatts said:

Its not a problem because it only last 4 hours.

It lasts as long as you want it to last if you're willing to farm mats from time to time. And it's at least 8 hours before your ship starts leaking. You can do this right now and it's not a problem.

Edited by LaiTash

1 minute ago, LaiTash said:

It lasts as long as you want it to last if you're willing to farm mats from time to time. And it's at least 8 hours before your ship starts leaking. You can do this right now and it's not a problem.

From what ive read it was buggy and alot of peoples ships were sinking after only 4 hours. 8 hours would be a hassle still and almost not worth it unless you had no job or sleep. by making it 16 hour gives you to much time to not have to worry about it and let it sit safe which i do not agree with. 

5 minutes ago, labatts said:

From what ive read it was buggy and alot of peoples ships were sinking after only 4 hours.

Never happened to me, but if it's buggy it will keep being buggy even if the decay rate is decreased. Mid sized/large companies that always have someone online can use this mechanics right now. It takes one guy just a few minutes to repair several ships if the mats are in the resource box. Yet, only a few companies ever use it. There will be no apocalypse if the decay rate is decreased.

Edited by LaiTash