Sign in to follow this  
George Catcher

Discovers are great! (are not actually)

Today I spent about 3 hours just to ride across the island searching for two discovers unopened in my region. I've been killed twice by wild creatures! For few times I was upset to see my tame-mount hit hundreds invisible walls around. I've climbed to every mountain, check every forest and then well... just set my sails and departed. 

All was for NOTHING.

I wasn't sure - I'm in the right place. I wasn't sure what am I looking for. In my experience - discovery might be an ancient statue, or ruins... or there might be five cliffs on the island. One - is a discovery and other four just a regular cliffs. Or it just a little clearing, or even tiny rock sticking out of the water.

I'm about to hit my level cap, and I HAVE TO GO search those discovers, but in most cases I JUST DON'T KNOW WHERE AND WHAT TO LOOK FOR!!!

And... correct me if I wrong, but discovers must have some value, right? The ruins and statues are good. But what if I go through a regular island (same as the others) and wait until I see the top-right corner sign will change to "???" sign? And when it happen, it will be a regular island and regular place, same as the others? Doesn't looks like and adventure for me - just a wild extreme grind.

And... yeah, every time I go to a different region, I keep asking a chat, for a discovers here. I keep doing it for a week now. And I didn't received any answer at all. Just her majesty silence in a chat. Official EU PVE... (I always try to chat, while long way sailing, etc. and in most cases talking to myself).

I guess It MUST be some improvement within discoveries system in a game. Because today I didn't want to waste my time but I did...

6 minutes ago, George Catcher said:

I've been killed twice by wild creatures! 

Thus the survival aspect of the game!

???? should be put on the map where the discovery is at. too many islands and sometimes the locals will gate off the whole area so you cant get your mount passed the gate, having to waste more time grappling over everything and possibly wasting time putting your mount back on the boat so the wildlife doesnt gang up on them. 

i've been just sailing around each island and briefly walking the area for more discoveries and then im out to the next without taking too much time there.

not sure if its fixed, but doing powerstones havr gotten people to the 70's-90's. Killing whales will give you a good chunk of discoveries as well.

If you equip a spyglass and look around you can see a clue for the hidden ones. It's a blue field... 

Z

Edited by Znick
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Znick said:

If you equip a spyglass and look around you can see a clue for the hidden ones. It's blue field... 

Sometimes you stand inside the blue field and not getting any discovery.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Znick said:

If you equip a spyglass and look around you can see a clue for the hidden ones. It's blue field... 

Z

I didn't know that. As well as I didn't know that killing a whale for the firs time gives you a 50 discovery points and there are 3 types of whales there and each gives you 50pt.

30 minutes ago, George Catcher said:

I didn't know that. As well as I didn't know that killing a whale for the firs time gives you a 50 discovery points and there are 3 types of whales there and each gives you 50pt.

i didn't know that either