Sign in to follow this  
codemang87

Patch Notes in steam

Why don't you put the patch notes in steam?  Every time there is an update, it has a button that says view updates.  Unfortunately it is absolutely worthless because you don't update the update news.  Is there a reason for this? I do notice that sometimes the patch notes are included in the captains log but there are many updates in between captains logs and people have no idea what is being updated in the game. I understand that Jatheish keeps a forum updated but that forum is dated December 28th, 2018.  So even though he edits it regularly, it shows up as an ancient post from 2018.   

It doesn't seem that hard to just post the update news in steam like they do on occasion.  Its just frustrating having to ignore the view updates button and look else where.  I'm sure the majority of your users get the game via steam. It seems that that is the logical place for the update news to be.  To be clear, what i am say is this:  You should be able to click view updates button and be able to view updates.  Elementary.

Edited by codemang87

There's a sticky at the top of the Steam discussion page that has current and future patch notes.

On 2/2/2019 at 12:09 PM, Coggage said:

There's a sticky at the top of the Steam discussion page that has current and future patch notes.

That doesn't tell people what current changes that have just been made. They plan to do those changes but I have received at least 3 patches in the last 3 days without any explanation of what these patches do.  In other words, those notes are not patch notes.  They are plans.  Patch notes should be released at the same time as the patch it corresponds with.

It's cool that they let us know what they MIGHT be including in future patches but I would actually like to know what each individual patch changes in real-time so I can stay current with the current game.

I would love this too. i like to read patches and having to sift down to them isn't as cool as clicking that button.

1 hour ago, codemang87 said:

..but I would actually like to know what each individual patch changes in real-time so I can stay current with the current game.

Released Patches and Verified Notes
What more do you want?  Yes, sometimes patch notes take 10 minutes to appear, but I don't class that as anything important.  They DO give verified notes on released patches, which is all we need.

At the time I had originally posted this, 3 updates had come and past over the course of 3 days without any indication of what updates the entailed when i clicked view updates.  Regardless, I have noticed that since then they have been much better about updating the notes in a timely manner.