Weylin

Unable to query server info for invite

Question

So everything went fine, for a long time, after a patch some time ago, i keep getting this error.... Im now totally unable to join the game for this 2x weekend. I've spend nearly 300 hours in this game, the past 50 hours has been freaking hell with things like my body flying (my crewmembers could see  that) i got kicked out and upon log in, i was in the water in the middle of Zone L14 and lost all my gear. I was standing on Brosfile Island, this does not make any sense at all. 

On top of that, i've been running between 20-40 ping and the spikes im getting after some hours gaming, hits like 240+ ping untill i finally getting kicked. I rejoin and can play for a bit again. 
This is getting to the point of quitting. Its a shame, a lot of good people and we have some good things going, but this is really idiotic and the error is NOT in my end! 

Everything else run flawless, and my rig can handle what ever you can throw at it, this is my account or the game itself and it's really annoying and im at my wits ends here and no idea what to do.

/Cap'n Anno

sigh.jpg.6c7c1c1f9477feb528b5bb71aeaaa025.jpg    

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

The game is designed so that when you join a grid on that server, it'll automatically detect where you should actually be and try to log you onto that server instead. 

Could I get a screencap of your precise BattlEye error message?

Well, I tried join a new atlas, but on server list there are only NA PVE and NA PVE, I played on EU PVE and this isnt on the list.

Edited by Lukaseka95

20 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

The game is designed so that when you join a grid on that server, it'll automatically detect where you should actually be and try to log you onto that server instead. 

FFFA455643A406CFEF39CF5467952C147BE29045 (1920Ã1080)

24 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

Keep in mind, when I logged in I could not interact with anything & had to hang around for 3-4 minutes before I was kicked.  

Also, the rabbit hole has gotten even deeper for some of us since yesterday.  As of last night, I no longer have a "Rejoin Atlas" option.  So to get that screen shot I had to go to atlas launch properties & plug in the "+connect [IP Address}" .. just to get on and get kicked just like yesterday. 😞

I don't know if its been said, or is helpful, but I've also noticed the in game menu "ATLAS name" is blank but it still shows the region.

This is happening on my private server also... I was crossing servers on my ship, got dropped, and cannot log back in.  When I try to log in normally I get a "timed out" message.  If I shut down the server I traveled to and keep open the server I traveled from I get the OP message.  Is there some way to force kill myself when I log in so I can respawn in a Freeport instead of my lost zombie ship?  My toon is in limbo!

1 hour ago, Vyn said:

Keep in mind, when I logged in I could not interact with anything & had to hang around for 3-4 minutes before I was kicked.  

Also, the rabbit hole has gotten even deeper for some of us since yesterday.  As of last night, I no longer have a "Rejoin Atlas" option.  So to get that screen shot I had to go to atlas launch properties & plug in the "+connect [IP Address}" .. just to get on and get kicked just like yesterday. 😞

Are you unable to join via the Session Grid?

If you select Join New ATLAS -> Make sure you're on the Official Server Filter -> Join any ol' homeserver and it should automatically connect you to the right one. Also if you've not restarted your Steam client this weekend, I'd recommend doing so and see if that makes a difference

4 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

If you select Join New ATLAS -> Make sure you're on the Official Server Filter -> Join any ol' homeserver and it should automatically connect you to the right one. Also if you've not restarted your Steam client this weekend, I'd recommend doing so and see if that makes a difference

I am able to force my way into the server through either way: The home server trick or the launch option trick ..

However, as I mentioned above that does not fix the main problem: That Battle Eye will kick you once you force your way in & that you cannot interact with any items until Battle Eye does so.

15 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

Also yes, I have been restarting my Steam client often throughout testing & it has not helped.  I am on an Official Server & have been experiencing this issue since Saturday.  

Roger that, appreciate the info. We'll keep investigating. 

18 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

This seems to be the same issue mentioned in this topic from Jan 22nd.  This link has a complete listing of the entire problem, including some possible work-arounds.  People have even posted about this issue in that topic as recent as today.  It seems like this has been going on for at least a couple weeks.  Have you guys been investigating this since Jan 18th??

Killing yourself and spawning in a different zone a few times makes the battle eye part go away and you can play like normal.  This worked for me yesterday morning, but coming home today and logging in I have to repeat the process to stay logged in.  US PVP Kraken Maw, this is going on randomly in my company.

Just now, Jatheish said:

Still no word?,,, Same as Vyn here, except I see no battle eye message most of time, just "kicked" , but I deffinatley can't interact with stuff when I get back to body "your said way" then I have to go through presses of punch death to respawn freeport, then respawn bed, then get kicked usually within seconds if I even make it that far, repeat same ☼;(...

Attention with change homeserver (to solve the interact issue) i lost my character with that workaround yesterday. I got a battleeye kick on respawn (change homeserver) after relog i was forced to create an new character.

Becarefully guys  😄

Yes i do that workaround with my loved new created character 😝 because every day i get that interact issue since 2-3 days

Battleeye kick / Interact issue --> kill your self --> change homeserver (no scary about green map screen) --> die again --> change homeserver --> die again --> spawn at your bed

Edited by PiTi

8 minutes ago, PiTi said:

Attention with change homeserver (to solve the interact issue) i lost my character with that workaround yesterday. I got a battleeye kick on respawn (change homeserver) after relog i was forced to create an new character.

Becarefully guys  😄

Battleeye kick / Interact issue --> kill your self --> change homeserver (no scary about green map screen) --> die again --> change homeserver --> die again --> spawn at your bed

that sounds the same as I did (i didn't lose my character though). it fixed the "not being able to interact with anything" bug, but I still get batteye kicked every couple minutes.

Edited by shodge2000

Getting same error here "Unable to query server info for invite"

None of the workarounds that have worked in past are fixing it this time. 

Used to be able to just re-validate / netsock / restart to fix. 

?TEMP FIX?

Last night I downgraded from the BETA to the standard release. I was able to log in and play for a little before going to bed. Have not tried today but it got me on last night. 

Been having this issue for the past 80 hours. Submit a ticket but no response. I haven’t been able to play since this happened (for better or worse). Posting here for visibility. 

Happened when a crash happened when my character was teleporting between M13 and A12 on NA PvP. 

Edited by Pugmaster

Everything is back to normal and working fine for me now. Today's update seems to have fixed it for me, hopefully it stays that way. The only difference I see in game is the ATLAS name: "[NA PVE] The Hydra's Den" now displays correctly (at log in screen and in game). where as before it was blank.

Atlas Screenshot 2019.02.05.png

6 minutes ago, shodge2000 said:

Everything is back to normal and working fine for me now. Today's update seems to have fixed it for me, hopefully it stays that way. The only difference I see in game is the ATLAS name: "[NA PVE] The Hydra's Den" now displays correctly (at log in screen and in game). where as before it was blank.

Atlas Screenshot 2019.02.05.png

@SHODGE2000, were you getting the error "Lost/timedout pending connection to host"? I'm still getting that error today, specifically for my character on the official NA PvP server. 

1 hour ago, Pugmaster said:

@SHODGE2000, were you getting the error "Lost/timedout pending connection to host"? I'm still getting that error today, specifically for my character on the official NA PvP server. 

yes, I was, prior to today's update.

edit: i did however load in this morning via "join new server" and did get "Lost/timeout pending connection to host", but once i loaded in it all went back to normal with no more error messages or battleye kicks

Edited by shodge2000

I am still having this issue after the latest update.  In my case, however, I was dropped when my ship was transitioning from 013 to A13.  I have been unable to log back in since then.