Sign in to follow this  
[616]RexFortis

The Death Slope and How to Reverse It

2 hours ago, Caldrin said:

Unwilling to listen ? Nearly every update and patch they put out has content that people have directly asked for.. 

In my opinion they listen way to much and change things around when people cry to much.

They need to stick to their vision of what they wanted the game to be . Yeah sure take in the user's base opinion and try and mould that around the vision they had for the game.

The same bugs exists, they don't listen to the community at all. Big Twitch streamers on the other hand, well different story.

I don't see the main issues people asked for changed. Cobras coming through walls. Animals spawning in base. NPC fire at ships only, tames vanishing/clipping through floors, I see non of these addressed.

I will take it a step further. I think theyre manipulating the numbers. The game was 'bronze' (whatever that means) for December when it went on sale. Meaning it didnt sell a whole lot of copies. It didnt even make the 2018 list. That means to me anyway (since people want to use 'stats') that overall it didnt sell many copies. I said I didnt think it sold 75K. Even though at its peak it was close to 60K on steam charts. But not hard to believe that 80% of everyone who bought it were playing or trying to play it when it became stable enough to stay connected. Especially when 200K plus people were sitting on twitch streamer channels on the (first) night it was (supposed) to be released. Or the numbers could have been fake from the start.

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/2018_so_far_top_sellers/

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/2018_top_new/ (not the one I saw before but Atlas did at least make that list)

They also had multiple 'streamer only' events. Everyone of them manipulated in some way shape or form to have way more viewers than they 'should' have had. Fistofthewalrus most notably. his 'normal' viewership is around 400-500 the night of one of these 'special' events he had over 11K. That scream bots obviously.

Now people will claim its 'impossible' for the numbers to be manipulated. All I can say to that is LOL.

While obviously Atlas shouldnt be the center of some big 'conspiracy' theory. It stands to reason it was a con job from jumpstreet. With its only defense the ever popular 'its early access'. Which people (defenders of any particular game) excuses anything and everything thats 'wrong' with it.

The fake trailer was the first giveaway and even the special preview event showed how farcical that thing was. If I didnt know any better I would say they let Chris Roberts shoot it for them He is the king of movie making and claiming its 'in game footage'.

But everyone who knew anything knew (or should have known) the official servers would be garbage. With exactly every problem they saw happening. Hacks, cheats, land grabbing, offline raiding, anything and everything that was bad about Ark happened in Atlas. But nope its all ok because its 'early access'. They could possibly have had any clue any of that would happen even though it did (and still is) happening in their flagship game. The one this game was actually a DLC for.

So it comes down to a lot of guesses and seemingly contradictory thinking. But I dont think its a stretch to think they have the ability to add a certain number of 'players' to the steam chart count, and even with those the numbers have cratered. But considering the game and where its gone and what it is now compared to what it was when it was even not a joke to think it was 'popular' (at least FoTM) 25K at peak is actually quite impressive, thats why I think theyre 'faking' them. Because I cant think that a third of the people who bought it are still bothering to log in with any regularity. And had they sold THAT many copies the game would have made the list of top selling games of 2018. Even if it only released 10 days or so before the end of the year. Thats why I say there is plenty of 'data' and circumstantial 'evidence' but nothing concrete. Just like every other MMO before where people liked to make up numbers (to support whatever argument they were making) as to how 'successful' or 'fail' a new game was. But with Atlas we have hard numbers on some but guessing on others. Since they havent had a press release about how awesome sales were then I will assume they were shit.

I would also say that of the 75K sales I think they had 10% of those refunded it. Now the game has been put on sale twice now since its was released and I am sure it will go on sale every month until it does release. So they maybe recouped a few of those refunds but given the word of mouth this thing has gotten and the disappearing (free) advertising and the streamers leaving the officials for private servers or outright leaving the game completely theyre not getting those collateral sales. Streamers who promoted this trash and conned their subs (or worse conning viewers to sub) to play with them sold a lot of copies I would imagine. But as predicted theyre all gone and ironically most are off playing the new Sea of Thieves update. 

Game has/had potential problem is the wrong company is making it and on the wrong engine.

42 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

The same bugs exists, they don't listen to the community at all. Big Twitch streamers on the other hand, well different story.

I don't see the main issues people asked for changed. Cobras coming through walls. Animals spawning in base. NPC fire at ships only, tames vanishing/clipping through floors, I see non of these addressed.

Off the top of my head.

Wolf nerf

Fire arrow nerf

Alpha and mob spawn nerf

Adding resources in zones that were lacking them.

Pve servers with players sinking other players ships by making them overweight.

Making ships cheaper

Increasing gathering rates

Nerfig gliders

Guns and armour balance

Dragon nerfs

Ship ramming balance

List could go on and on.. all requested by the player base.

I am one of the 20k. I will probably slow down and stop playing for periods of time and come back when I have the urge to play or see some big content updates. I don't think this is a bad thing at all. The launch went kind of poorly and it took them a big (and still are some bit issues to address) but I wouldn't be too worried about the game being dead forever. If you are really that worried about it why don't you go buy thousands of copies and start handing them out to people or start a big social media campaign and get on the national news to get people back into the game. Posting here on the forums sure isn't going to bring droves of new players in.

Edited by Thor Ragnarock

Atlas may have been lucky so far with the weak new releases of games. March is going to be the big trial for Atlas and it´s player base.

But we have to see how it ends, you never know. Could go up again.

New peak down to 17000. They really need to decide if they want to continue Arklas or make it into an actual pirate game.

How many ship boardings have there been in this game so far, 0?

The SOD is very disappointing in this matter as well.

Edited by Shintai

1 minute ago, Shintai said:

How many ship boardings have there been in this game so far, 0?

There have been plenty of people boarding each others ships to steal or sink the ship due to over encumbrance, or using a glider suit to fly to others ships and set them ablaze.

The stone changes made me stop playing. I just check in every week or two to see if the organic past req is gone..... since it is not gone, I and others are staying gone. When it is gone, I will come back.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 4:36 AM, EvilNecroid said:

stupid trolls always saying the game is dying.

every day i go in and there is people everywhere ALWAYS

actually, you're the troll because you speak in ignorance without knowing the data and the facts.

people dont read news about this game? the end of the month patch adresses specifically more options and things that are directly related to making things easier for solo players, not a solo option, but stuff that will make it easier for small companies to have some fun.

This means we’re going to be changing core systems to ensure that those who do not have as much time to invest or play in small groups or as solo players are still able to experience the highs seas of ATLAS.

ofc we dont know exactly how it will be done yet, but im looking forward too see how and if it will be better 😉

Just get rid of the flag claim idea completely, the game has turned into Farmville with flags. Make every island lawless so the mega's have to fight for their land not just spam flags everywhere then teleport in and defend them then leave the island empty again until someone else drops a flag to contest it.

All that is happening now is the mega's are just spamming flags everywheInsert other media re to stay in the top 10.

Edited by Rats

Is anyone at Grapeshot Games willing to listen to genius yet, for my words can either bring life to a game or it can foretell certain death - as I have done dozens of times with other game titles.

Edited by [616]RexFortis