Endo Fett

3 Weeks is Too Long

9 hours ago, MeatSammich said:

I don't want to be That Guy, but it was a 48 hour timer on claims for the last 3 days. I saw at least a dozen claims change hands just on my fairly active island since Wednesday, including a top 10 company losing 3-4.

Unless you're sailing around, actively looking for places, you'll never find them. Try going farther than 1 zone over from lawless, hit every island, check every claim. There is land to be had, but you have to look, not just sail near an island and look for a magic unclaimed circle, with 4 of every type of resource, and angels singing while wenches pour rum down your throat.

With more claims lowering the timer, some of the companies will also be looking to shed some of their extra claims. Again, they're probably not going to be the choicest areas, but, they'll be somewhere to build a base and a shipyard, and get you a foothold. My first claim was the most barren spot you've ever seen. It had 4 trees, a rock, and some berries and fiber. I was able to expand out from there... 

Sail to an island, look for the less choice spots, and ask the owners about getting them. A surprising amount of people are willing to give you the barren spots to build, because they know you'll have to harvest on their taxed land, and they're losing nothing of value. Don't just sail into a zone and ask, 'Any land available?' because that way, the answer, if you get one is pretty much a guaranteed 'Nope, all claimed'.

As with most changes so far, this change will hurt the new player the most. 

The suggestion you give above for looking for lands was great when the timer was 2 days on all flags, but now even the inactive players with negative flag counts (ie they've had lands taken from them since the patch 3 weeks ago that they have not replaced and have only checked in to refresh their timers) are now uncontestible for 3 weeks.

There are many many many people "hedging their bets" having grabbed land back in the start and not played since but continuing to log in to refresh their timers.

Then there are quite a few using this system as the original poster suggested might occur; having one or two critical claims in a region and doing nothing but visiting these spots once every couple weeks to ensure no one else can claim them.

I don't have an answer here nor am I even saying that this change is a bad one, both systems had their flaws, I just feel there are a lot of what seem to be knee-jerk reactionary changes coming through such as the stone foundations and now immunity for 3 weeks which only truly help pre-established players.

Still, the Darksea Dawgs have many lands and welcome the greenest of sailors through to the saltiest old sea dawgs. If you're struggling to claim/retain lands and need a home get in touch!  MisterMyztik#1427 or sigh#3522

20 flag 20 day... so now claim area the new paradise for afk?

need to put max flag/tribe/player in pve

+ you want time for vacation? but you dont care about the time you steal with you re taxe....

Edited by haseo
  • Confused 1

3 weeks is fine, only issue currently is you can have a lot of flags to still get the high time.

Industrial vacation is 3 weeks as well. And we have about 6 weeks here total.

Edited by Shintai

great patch killed the PVE servers good work 

from 3 hours unless you slept or were active inside the claim to 3 weeks? wtf kind of logic are you using to balance this game 

Edited by Daish

3 weeks is fine. This game is a marathon, not a sprint. When you own claims you'll understand. Building the claims out is a very time consuming task. You invest your time and your creative thought into the task. Why should someone be able to steal it because your Mom is in the hospital, or your already paid for vacation. or a last minute work trip overseas. Things happen in life. You shouldn't be penalized for that.

I really like 3 weeks but I also think that they should pop in another strip or two. Servers used to be 50-60 players now have 25. That's more than enough to scale down individual instances and add more land.

The only problem with the current 3 weeks is that a lot of inactive claims got 3 weeks added. So in short claim wise the servers are in sleep move the next 2½ weeks.

59 minutes ago, Stabby said:

3 weeks is fine. This game is a marathon, not a sprint. When you own claims you'll understand. Building the claims out is a very time consuming task. You invest your time and your creative thought into the task. Why should someone be able to steal it because your Mom is in the hospital, or your already paid for vacation. or a last minute work trip overseas. Things happen in life. You shouldn't be penalized for that.

sleeping in them offered 100% protection nothing to worry about if you go to hospital or on vacation you fool

1 hour ago, Daish said:

great patch killed the PVE servers good work 

from 3 hours unless you slept or were active inside the claim to 3 weeks? wtf kind of logic are you using to balance this game 

What? If you have lots of claims you lose them within 3 hours, if you have let’s say 1 it takes 3 weeks: I don’t see what’s not to like. 

• Like 1

Just now, Percieval said:

What? If you have lots of claims you lose them within 3 hours, if you have let’s say 1 it takes 3 weeks: I don’t see what’s not to like. 

it makes the game unplayable for new players do you have any concept of balance or logical reasoning 

with a sleeping body you could keep 3-4 claims safe for a unlimited amount of time

if you are in a clan assign sleeping areas 

if you are telling me a single player needs more then 3-4 claims you are insane 

when a single player is exploring the world the ship is the base 

Just now, Daish said:

it makes the game unplayable for new players do you have any concept of balance or logical reasoning 

with a sleeping body you could keep 3-4 claims safe for a unlimited amount of time

if you are in a clan assign sleeping areas 

if you are telling me a single player needs more then 3-4 claims you are insane 

when a single player is exploring the world the ship is the base 

Unplayable for new players? I don’t follow. If I join and this makes up for more land, I’d be happy about it. Before you could keep 100 claims for yourself without anyone else bothering you. Now that has been made impossible. I like it. Not that I play PvE but still sounds great to me. 

• Like 1

For me 21 day sécure is good, actually i play everyday, if a take some dayoff i happy to found my claim here when i back. 

the real problem stay for me HOW many claim player can have ! IF player/Compagny can have only 1 or 2 claim we dont have any problem, when i see compagny with 30 claim just for the 30% tax systeme, i would spit on this style of Selfish player ! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Unplayable for new players? I don’t follow. If I join and this makes up for more land, I’d be happy about it. Before you could keep 100 claims for yourself without anyone else bothering you. Now that has been made impossible. I like it. Not that I play PvE but still sounds great to me. 

do you even play this game at all? the ignorance you display on how this game works is just so large 

see these 3 large sea flags covering the coast around me 

see where i have marked a X

if i put a character asleep at the X marker that MASSIVE area would be permanently safe no matter how long i was away for with the old system

there was nothing wrong with the old system land people "USED" was safer then it is now....
increasing protection for "UNUSED LAND" is the most retarded way to balance a game

now unused land is overprotected it will lead to whole servers being unplayable for new players 

sdwegwsege.jpg

On 2/2/2019 at 8:50 AM, Jorm said:

3 Weeks is perfect. I can go on a 2 Week Vacation and still have time to log in. No Real Life?

If you go on a 2 week vacation, why would you need an entire additional week to log in to protect your claim? I understand 2 week vacations are the norm in the EU, and as an american, trust me I would love to have them, but those of us across the pond here who mostly live with week long vacations at the most would appreciate it if, having made this concession to EU rl realities, we didn't also have to cope with a whole extra week of not being able to take abandoned claims just so EU players could not only go on vacation, but come home, do their shopping, ease back into work, go out to dinner one night, maybe a movie the next, see some friends, have some family time, feed the pet goat, bake a pie, do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonite, and THEN maybe log back in and renew their claim.

I would very much like to see 3 week adjusted downward over time. I'm willing to concede 2 weeks and mumble my jealousy under my breathe, but don't try to tell me you really need 3 weeks. That's just being lazy.

5 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

If you go on a 2 week vacation, why would you need an entire additional week to log in to protect your claim? I understand 2 week vacations are the norm in the EU, and as an american, trust me I would love to have them, but those of us across the pond here who mostly live with week long vacations at the most would appreciate it if, having made this concession to EU rl realities, we didn't also have to cope with a whole extra week of not being able to take abandoned claims just so EU players could not only go on vacation, but come home, do their shopping, ease back into work, go out to dinner one night, maybe a movie the next, see some friends, have some family time, feed the pet goat, bake a pie, do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonite, and THEN maybe log back in and renew their claim.

I would very much like to see 3 week adjusted downward over time. I'm willing to concede 2 weeks and mumble my jealousy under my breathe, but don't try to tell me you really need 3 weeks. That's just being lazy.

I can see both sides of the arguement(US based so week long vacations are the norm for me as well), but I play with a lot of people from the EU.  I'm not sure how advanced the coding is but perhaps an arguement can be added to the code so that areas with many structures(bases) have the 3 weeks regardless of how many claim flags as this represents "used" territory.  And claims with nothing(just land) have 2 weeks starting but a reduction based on amount of claim flags.

5 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

I can see both sides of the arguement(US based so week long vacations are the norm for me as well), but I play with a lot of people from the EU.  I'm not sure how advanced the coding is but perhaps an arguement can be added to the code so that areas with many structures(bases) have the 3 weeks regardless of how many claim flags as this represents "used" territory.  And claims with nothing(just land) have 2 weeks starting but a reduction based on amount of claim flags.

All Im saying is I'm willing to concede an extra week to account for longer EU vacations (3 days wasn't realistic to begin with unfortunately), but if americans and others are willing to make that concession, it's entirely reasonable to ask EU players to meet us halfway and say yes, it's on me to manage that claim as a priority if I'm being given the full two weeks. To be honest, if one takes the vacation out of the equation, if no one got vacation, my argument would be a week is too long to grant someone to not have to even log into the game and expect to retain their claims.

1 hour ago, Daish said:

sleeping in them offered 100% protection nothing to worry about if you go to hospital or on vacation you fool

Do you need a hug?

2 hours ago, Daish said:

do you even play this game at all? the ignorance you display on how this game works is just so large 

if i put a character asleep at the X marker that MASSIVE area would be permanently safe no matter how long i was away for with the old system

there was nothing wrong with the old system land people "USED" was safer then it is now....
increasing protection for "UNUSED LAND" is the most retarded way to balance a game

now unused land is overprotected it will lead to whole servers being unplayable for new players 

sdwegwsege.jpg

You do know where you’re talking about right? We’re talking about the first step in the new claiming system. Calm the hell down, for now it’s a good thing. And don’t talk to me about ignorance ever again. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Thanks 1

On 2/2/2019 at 8:11 PM, krazmuze said:

That is for small number of claims only, it is 3days inactivity if large number of claims.    How does a small time player with one claim troll you?    Either they go inactive or they are checking in to see how the game is patching out.    

But what do they mean as a small group/tribe/company. There must be specific amount of clamied areas. My neighbor has 60+ claims and he still has 20 days upkeep on his flags. However, im agree with that 3 weeks for small companies.

Edited by Roxan CUTTERS

15 hours ago, Daish said:

sdwegwsege.jpg

there was a lot wrong with logged out players contesting land , they hadn't played for weeks yet their land was safe forever ?

, 3 weeks is good , in a couple mroe weeks the land wil be free to claim again , all timers were set to max , so its a waiting game now,,,

okok 3 week why not, but plz disable taxe if someone not log in after 3 day, 90% of ppl put 30% taxe, pay taxe for someone who dont play is nonsense

5 hours ago, Roxan CUTTERS said:

But what do they mean as a small group/tribe/company. There must be specific amount of clamied areas. My neighbor has 60+ claims and he still has 20 days upkeep on his flags. However, im agree with that 3 weeks for small companies.

Ye the number needs tweaking, we are at 18 hours, 10 days, 10 minutes and 54 seconds. And we should more likely be 3 days bottom.

3 flags per 3 weeks sounds good, 5 flags 2 weeks etc.

Edited by Shintai
  • Thanks 1

On 2/2/2019 at 6:29 PM, DannyUK said:

That's why i live on lawless and enjoy it like alot of people. The claim system has always been broken from day 1, i have no interest in it.

They refuse to address the matter, they listen to the streamers and big companies who have them in their pockets.

Lawless is f**ked with all the structure spam. People shouldn’t even be allowed to build there.