Endo Fett

3 Weeks is Too Long

So now all a troll needs to do to protect his claim is log in every 3 weeks? RIP any new player trying to steal a claim for them self.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Endo Fett said:

So now all a troll needs to do to protect his claim is log in every 3 weeks? RIP any new player trying to steal a claim for them self.

3 Weeks is perfect. I can go on a 2 Week Vacation and still have time to log in. No Real Life?

That is for small number of claims only, it is 3days inactivity if large number of claims.    How does a small time player with one claim troll you?    Either they go inactive or they are checking in to see how the game is patching out.    

• Like 3

I don't want to be That Guy, but it was a 48 hour timer on claims for the last 3 days. I saw at least a dozen claims change hands just on my fairly active island since Wednesday, including a top 10 company losing 3-4.

Unless you're sailing around, actively looking for places, you'll never find them. Try going farther than 1 zone over from lawless, hit every island, check every claim. There is land to be had, but you have to look, not just sail near an island and look for a magic unclaimed circle, with 4 of every type of resource, and angels singing while wenches pour rum down your throat.

With more claims lowering the timer, some of the companies will also be looking to shed some of their extra claims. Again, they're probably not going to be the choicest areas, but, they'll be somewhere to build a base and a shipyard, and get you a foothold. My first claim was the most barren spot you've ever seen. It had 4 trees, a rock, and some berries and fiber. I was able to expand out from there... 

Sail to an island, look for the less choice spots, and ask the owners about getting them. A surprising amount of people are willing to give you the barren spots to build, because they know you'll have to harvest on their taxed land, and they're losing nothing of value. Don't just sail into a zone and ask, 'Any land available?' because that way, the answer, if you get one is pretty much a guaranteed 'Nope, all claimed'.

1 hour ago, Endo Fett said:

No self respecting troll would have just one claim, they would have hundreds.

• Like 1

I agree sail round and look. We spent days looking for land before we found a couple piece of land. Just look around, most places we have looked or been people are super nice, have even had bigger company's drop a couple flags for people that didn't have any land to build. Alot of people wont build in the snow areas or the areas far away from places :). Our company will even alliance with people if they need a couple some land, we don't have a ton but willing to share 🙂

I wish I could post the picture of the sign this guy has built above our base.

Says F**K in wall tiles like the Hollywood sign. 

This thing looms over us, right on our border, and now all he has to do to keep it protected is visit it every 19days (checked the timer).

This is PvE, can’t exactly destroy it...

Edited by Endo Fett

4 hours ago, wildbill said:

No self respecting troll would have just one claim, they would have hundreds.

Then it’s a good thing they ruled that out. 

• Like 1

Just now, Khazador said:

3 weeks is a bit long for sure reduce to 7 days and scale down accordingly.

7 days? People go on vacation you know. 

• Like 1

Just now, Percieval said:

7 days? People go on vacation you know. 

Sure but I think 7 days is more then enough time for a vacation, don't you?

• Confused 1

Just now, Khazador said:

Maybe in your country. Most people here have vacs for atleast 2 weeks. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Percieval said:

wtf what country do you live in, but in the interest of cooperation 9 days.

Just now, Khazador said:

Not gonna tell you. But they hit the right spot at 3 weeks. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Khazador said:

Many vacations are 9 to 10 days - 5 working days plus 1 weekend at each end. In Europe 14 days is also very common.

Edited by Fefu
Correction

3 minutes ago, Khazador said:

These days I take holiday anywhere between 7-12 days. I never take holiday less than 7 days. I don't work my ass off for a living to take an extended weekend as a holiday. :classic_laugh:

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Percieval said:

The american view on healthcare and vacation for people who aren't insanely rich is about as accurate and sane as the amount of cannonballs to the face devs of this game think an naked person can take.

In both cases, "don't try this as home kids" rings a bell.

Refresh timer is actually 2 weeks. The 3 weeks might be the additional protection from a fresh dropped flag.  

Actually, gathered some info and some of my friends have upwards to 3 weeks but still a decent amount of time to be considered inactive.

I don't see a problem with the timers because now the aim is more focused on inactive players rather than those are still logging in. 

Some people seem to think inactive = not playing everyday for every hour they can squeeze in. This shouldn't be the case, if you still log in you're still active even if it's to wait for content. Someone who is inactive is someone who isn't returning and 3 weeks is a good time frame to determine that. If you haven't logged in for 21 days, chances are you're not coming back.

Edited by Jaite

5 minutes ago, Khazador said:

636699443609097318-081518-Vacation-ONLIN

Canada is in NA. 14 is fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just for the record I was saying I thought 3 weeks was a bit much. IMHO 7 days was optimal but 2 weeks is meh but doable.

Edited by Khazador

3 weeks is perfect - if they're gone that long, it's fine they lose their land. All you who can't wait three weeks for something need a big lesson in patience. Life doesn't happen quickly, that's death's job. Life happens slowly.

• Haha 1

My holiday entitlement in 2018 was 42 days, and I work in Investment Management, i'm sure there are people with more than me still !

London here, so I guess the table above is not a myth lol.

Even 3 weeks isn't enough....  I'm in Tokyo soon, I'll have to leave a gaming laptop with a buddy to just log in during the 3 weeks I'm there just so I don't lose my crap in game 😞   

Silly devs discriminating against those who take family holidays 😞

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Endo Fett said:

That's why i live on lawless and enjoy it like alot of people. The claim system has always been broken from day 1, i have no interest in it.

They refuse to address the matter, they listen to the streamers and big companies who have them in their pockets.