Rythm

New Patch takes up to 100GB of space

So i'm downloading the new patch and besides the patch itself my disk has been writing like crazy and as it slowly fills up i try to find where it is and among the 100GB game i check the download folder which is now approaching 100GB aswell so a total of 200GB during the installation of the patch.

asdf.png

As soon as it finished unpacking it probably swapped the game folder with the downloaded and now unpacked files freeing up 100GB of disk space. What the hell is going on?

Yeah, no shit.  Delete what needs deleting first.  a 100GB patch?  Seriously, don't put the patch on the SSD, and then delete what needs deleting.  I am not going to delete the few other games I have on Steam, just for this crap to download, and then free the space up.  Clean up the game.  Why does ARK and Atlas take so much more space than other games?

• Like 1

such massive patches and you read patch notes and the content pushed in them is like server config changes and spawn rate adjustments... what nonsense are they installing on our computers under the guise of "game files"?

3 minutes ago, Mektashari said:

Same happened to me

Same here. Had the game installed on 2nd SSD, but it downloaded to the Windows/steaminstall disk. For every 100mb downloaded I lost 10gb free space. Had to uninstall and reinstall the game, and now my Rejoin Atlas is gone, sweet.

2 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Yeah, no shit.  Delete what needs deleting first.  a 100GB patch?  Seriously, don't put the patch on the SSD, and then delete what needs deleting.  I am not going to delete the few other games I have on Steam, just for this crap to download, and then free the space up.  Clean up the game.  Why does ARK and Atlas take so much more space than other games?

It’s the developers. They can’t code things properly and the updates are always a lot bigger than they need to be

I am glad I bought a separate hard drive during my day of playing Ark. I figured it would be like this for Atlas as well, since Ark was always like that.