Jump to content

DannyUK

Server wipe

Recommended Posts

I'm under the impression your stuff decays and is destroyed when claims are reset.  
You're talking about a server wipe here.  So lets continue keeping our Characters, but just up all the claims. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ptonfm said:

I'm under the impression your stuff decays and is destroyed when claims are reset.  
You're talking about a server wipe here.  So lets continue keeping our Characters, but just up all the claims. 

Sure and be right back in the same situation as we are in now with people on the forums whining about not having a claim and calling anyone in the top 10 companies or any companies that have land assholes who are greedy and so on.  There isn't an answer that will appease everyone and until there is such a time to call for a wipe of anything asking for one is just being a child who wants to toss the chess board because he/she made a bad move.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to implement "maintenance" cost for claims AND buildings (having crew repairing buildings and "feeding" flags). Else is really easy to keep large bases and a lot of flags. Depending on number of flags, upkeep should be exponentially more expensive (in gold?). 

If I want to have solo 50 flags I should be ready to upkeep them ALL, not just by visiting them and resetting the upkeep timer...

Flags that were lost due to upkeep should loose protection timer and be claimable in less than 1hr. 

This system could regulate lawless areas too. People who are spamming foundations, shipyards would have to pay for repairs by farming and having crew repairing.

Edit:
if you want to have a xy flags for zz days you should have xxxxxx amount of gold ready in locker (timers would then change according to that available gold).

NO wipe would then be necessary. And gold would have meaning.

 

And flag owners will be forced to release flags or manage them and get tenants.

Edited by IcyAxe
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IcyAxe said:

They need to implement "maintenance" cost for claims AND buildings (having crew repairing buildings and "feeding" flags). Else is really easy to keep large bases and a lot of flags. Depending on number of flags, upkeep should be exponentially more expensive (in gold?). 

If I want to have solo 50 flags I should be ready to upkeep them ALL, not just by visiting them and resetting the upkeep timer...

Flags that were lost due to upkeep should loose protection timer and be claimable in less than 1hr. 

This system could regulate lawless areas too. People who are spamming foundations, shipyards would have to pay for repairs by farming and having crew repairing.

Edit:
if you want to have a xy flags for zz days you should have xxxxxx amount of gold ready in locker (timers would then change according to that available gold).

NO wipe would then be necessary. And gold would have meaning.

 

And flag owners will be forced to release flags or manage them and get tenants.

Yes I'm in favour of that idea. I had a similar one in flags costing gold, everyone gets 1 free flag to start off somewhere, you want another it will cost you say 1000G and jumps up dramatically on each flag you buy. This will get rid of some of the gold, there's just nowhere for the gold to go at the moment, got more than I know what to do with.

I don't know why they don't just open the lawless area up. When you demolish a structure you get nothing back, you should at least get some mats back like you do demolishing your own structures. 

Once they sort the flag system out I will happily go out looking, I know there is flags out there to be had but I have no interest when it's broken and all the stories off people stealing their land through glitches and bugs, not for me so I'm quite happy on lawless for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a gold cost per flag is coming Jat talked about it in the livestream.

A server wipe would solve nothing.. Would just change whos in the top 10. People who have no flags now would be out there doing the same thing claiming 50 flags for their 2 person company.

They have talked about adding incentives for player who allow others to live on thier lands, however most people with out a flag refuse to even hear about renting land from people. they demand people give up a flag for free.

There are alot of people that are renting with a reasonable cost to the renters. 

Likewise alot of the "megas" are selling flags for gold,tames,BPs. Cause they see now that they cant hold it all.  Going rate on flags is 10-50K gold.  They could be less, they could be more.. This is just an average. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vaenix said:

Sure and be right back in the same situation as we are in now with people on the forums whining about not having a claim

I literally said that in the FIRST post I did regarding this topic.  The first come first serve people will still be there, and you won't be.  So what would be the point? 

18 minutes ago, Pax said:

Going rate on flags is 10-50K gold.

This is why an ally of mine got laughed at for offering 1k gold for a flag rofl rofl.

I said he was insulting the guy, and he should believe me now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they server wipe, many will leave. Hundreds of hours invested so far and if I had to start over, I wouldn't. I'd go to one of the many survival games coming out (the Amazon one looks sick). Want a new server to play on? Host your own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Pax said:

a gold cost per flag is coming Jat talked about it in the livestream.

A server wipe would solve nothing.. Would just change whos in the top 10. People who have no flags now would be out there doing the same thing claiming 50 flags for their 2 person company.

They have talked about adding incentives for player who allow others to live on thier lands, however most people with out a flag refuse to even hear about renting land from people. they demand people give up a flag for free.

There are alot of people that are renting with a reasonable cost to the renters. 

Likewise alot of the "megas" are selling flags for gold,tames,BPs. Cause they see now that they cant hold it all.  Going rate on flags is 10-50K gold.  They could be less, they could be more.. This is just an average. 

Yes but why should the people get to keep those flag when the devs have changed the rules, surely you can't see this as fair to everyone? So you say people will rent land, what gives them the right to rent it in the first place?

If they wiped the claims and started again with the fresh rules they brought in then I'd agree with you but not when they move the goal posts 3 weeks in so they get the advantage. What they should have done when they announced the change of rules around flags was to say ok guys we are changing how claim flags work now, we will make it fair for everyone and let you claim the flags again.

You can't just suddenly change the rules in favour of those who started the game first, that is not fair to new members at all.

As I said before, they game is favoured towards the big Twitch streamers with big companies, they are not interested in the small timers. I'm very happy on lawless right now and if they turfed everyone off it I'd be saying goodbye to the game and I know alot of others would also.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Pax said:

a gold cost per flag is coming Jat talked about it in the livestream.

A server wipe would solve nothing.. Would just change whos in the top 10. People who have no flags now would be out there doing the same thing claiming 50 flags for their 2 person company.

They have talked about adding incentives for player who allow others to live on thier lands, however most people with out a flag refuse to even hear about renting land from people. they demand people give up a flag for free.

There are alot of people that are renting with a reasonable cost to the renters. 

Likewise alot of the "megas" are selling flags for gold,tames,BPs. Cause they see now that they cant hold it all.  Going rate on flags is 10-50K gold.  They could be less, they could be more.. This is just an average. 

gold cost for flags could finish smaller companys as it is the cost just for crew is quiet prohibitive can be ac ouple hundred gold per day to maintain crew for a couple of schooner s and cannons for defence adding gold cost to flags would make this worse , so u would have to give up crew for flags then that leave su with noone to man cannons or ships , 

 

resource cost for flags yes gold no , but high resource costs based on how many flag 1 flag coupe hundred of each resource 50 flags several thousand of each resource per flag 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DannyUK said:

Yes but why should the people get to keep those flag when the devs have changed the rules, surely you can't see this as fair to everyone? So you say people will rent land, what gives them the right to rent it in the first place?

If they wiped the claims and started again with the fresh rules they brought in then I'd agree with you but not when they move the goal posts 3 weeks in so they get the advantage. What they should have done when they announced the change of rules around flags was to say ok guys we are changing how claim flags work now, we will make it fair for everyone and let you claim the flags again.

You can't just suddenly change the rules in favour of those who started the game first, that is not fair to new members at all.

As I said before, they game is favoured towards the big Twitch streamers with big companies, they are not interested in the small timers. I'm very happy on lawless right now and if they turfed everyone off it I'd be saying goodbye to the game and I know alot of others would also.

What gives them the right?  The fact that they claimed it and the devs made the mechanic in order to do so and if the devs add in a fee to maintain that claim then also because they can pay that.  What gives a landlord the right to charge rent to an apartment complex?  The only goal post moved is to make it harder on those keeping their claims and easier on those wanting to get them.  This isn't an in favor of those who started the game first change it's an in favor of the new members very clearly. 

 

Like I said before, this is just a whine post for someone who didn't get land and isn't willing to work to get any either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

What gives them the right?  The fact that they claimed it and the devs made the mechanic in order to do so and if the devs add in a fee to maintain that claim then also because they can pay that.  What gives a landlord the right to charge rent to an apartment complex?  The only goal post moved is to make it harder on those keeping their claims and easier on those wanting to get them.  This isn't an in favor of those who started the game first change it's an in favor of the new members very clearly. 

 

Like I said before, this is just a whine post for someone who didn't get land and isn't willing to work to get any either.

Yes the devs made the mechanics and suddenly changed it favouring the first timers the system is clearly broken. What gives a landlord the right to charge rent? Because he paid for it for a set price. They didn't pay for the house and the bank comes calling asking for more money than listed (moving the goalposts) 

I don't see it as favour towards the new members so we beg to differ.

Like I said many times before, I have no interest in the claim flags. I'm very happy where I am on lawless until they decide to fix the system and there will be a wipe at some point, it's inevitable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DannyUK said:

Yes the devs made the mechanics and suddenly changed it favouring the first timers the system is clearly broken. What gives a landlord the right to charge rent? Because he paid for it for a set price. They didn't pay for the house and the bank comes calling asking for more money than listed (moving the goalposts) 

I don't see it as favour towards the new members so we beg to differ.

Like I said many times before, I have no interest in the claim flags. I'm very happy where I am on lawless until they decide to fix the system and there will be a wipe at some point, it's inevitable.

Yeah there will be a wipe at some point(Maybe).  But whining every other day asking for one cuz you didn't get land and want them to make the system easier so that you can get land isn't really going to cause them to wipe.  Adding cost, reducing claim times when you have multiple flags, removing bodies from contesting, all the different things can easily be seen as benefiting new members and asking them to constantly nerf people who decided to play first only means you get to take the crutch you designed when they decide enough is enough and quit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

Yes but why should the people get to keep those flag when the devs have changed the rules, surely you can't see this as fair to everyone? So you say people will rent land, what gives them the right to rent it in the first place?

If they wiped the claims and started again with the fresh rules they brought in then I'd agree with you but not when they move the goal posts 3 weeks in so they get the advantage. What they should have done when they announced the change of rules around flags was to say ok guys we are changing how claim flags work now, we will make it fair for everyone and let you claim the flags again.

You can't just suddenly change the rules in favour of those who started the game first, that is not fair to new members at all.

As I said before, they game is favoured towards the big Twitch streamers with big companies, they are not interested in the small timers. I'm very happy on lawless right now and if they turfed everyone off it I'd be saying goodbye to the game and I know alot of others would also.

i belong to a 2 person tribe.. We bought the game day one. we worked our ass off fighting with peopel in PVE to keep the land we wanted safe. Why should i loose all my hard work for peopel that didnt bother investing any time or effort over the last month?  your basically saying that people like me that have spent the time in here dealing with the bugs and the griefers and learning and building the wiki the hard way around should loose everything and start over cause new people coming into the game now, or cause people are finally ready to leave lawless and come get a claim??

They have made systems to allow them to play just the same and there are plenty of peopel here that are using that system to allow them to play jsut the same... 

There wont be any server wipes to appease these people. 

15 minutes ago, UDO said:

gold cost for flags could finish smaller companys as it is the cost just for crew is quiet prohibitive can be ac ouple hundred gold per day to maintain crew for a couple of schooner s and cannons for defence adding gold cost to flags would make this worse , so u would have to give up crew for flags then that leave su with noone to man cannons or ships , 

 

resource cost for flags yes gold no , but high resource costs based on how many flag 1 flag coupe hundred of each resource 50 flags several thousand of each resource per flag 

Gold is easy.. our tribe has 2 schooner, 2 brigs and a gally all crewed. totalling 38 crew.. takes us doing 3-5 blue maps a week and we have enough gold for all of our crew. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pax said:

i belong to a 2 person tribe.. We bought the game day one. we worked our ass off fighting with peopel in PVE to keep the land we wanted safe. Why should i loose all my hard work for peopel that didnt bother investing any time or effort over the last month?  your basically saying that people like me that have spent the time in here dealing with the bugs and the griefers and learning and building the wiki the hard way around should loose everything and start over cause new people coming into the game now, or cause people are finally ready to leave lawless and come get a claim??

They have made systems to allow them to play just the same and there are plenty of peopel here that are using that system to allow them to play jsut the same... 

There wont be any server wipes to appease these people. 

Gold is easy.. our tribe has 2 schooner, 2 brigs and a gally all crewed. totalling 38 crew.. takes us doing 3-5 blue maps a week and we have enough gold for all of our crew. 

now add in a gold cost to flags increasing the more flags u have , then see how much more time u will need to do gold treasure runs 

 

i never said it wasnt possible i said it would swallow up more of your time than u would like 

 

and I Agree with your earlier reply we were here from day one through all the griefing and the flag claim bullshit why should we now get peanlised cos too many players want everythign handed to them , as they didnt start on day one 

 

this is an mmo persitent world there wont be any wipes to appease the new casual i want everyting now players , as in any game of this type u start later u lose out 

Edited by UDO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good... that means megas cant keep thier land... several of the mega tribes now only have 5-7 peopel in them. From what Jat said in the live stream it will work like the timers.. the more flags mean more time off, costing more and more gold per flag.

a bunch of the megas are already selling land as they cant keep up with it

My company has 20 flags.. We have 16 on our main island. We live in 3, 6 are to protect the forest from people building inside it. the remaining are uses as rentals..  we keep tax at 10% and negotiate some price for rentals gold or resources.  people stay as long as they pay.  Several we have let live here have found thier own claims and left.. we reopen that area for someone new.  In some cases we replant the flag if they left a buildign or dont pay and now we have some prebuilt houses to rent out too.

Edited by Pax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pax said:

Good... that means megas cant keep thier land... several of the mega tribes now only have 5-7 peopel in them. From what Jat said in the live stream it will work like the timers.. the more flags mean more time off, costing more and more gold per flag.

a bunch of the megas are already selling land as they cant keep up with it

island that i have my main base there are solo players that just spammed entire areas with flags and again when they sleepers were removed cant wait to see some of the crying from them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Server wipes would just kill the game. Period.

I have only TWO flags. and they are on worst places imaginable. They are useless. I had to camp them for 5 hours to get them. Now calculate how much gold you get for that time. I would double the price.

There is no need for a wipe if they do "decay" or "maintenance" cost correctly. If you have 100 flags it should cost you running these flags. Few flags should only be few hundred gold per day. Then flag cost jumps up.
Megas would have initiative to actually do something than sit on their flags.

Flag cost should be correctly set. Maybe with discounts on number of people you have under tenancy. Or something like that. And flag hoarding fest should self regulate. Now there is almost no penalty to having a lot of flags.

Whole deal should work globally - cost per flag. 

Currently only crews are gold sinks (I know that maintaining base galleon crew with no accommodation and captain skills is expensive. ). I was able to farm with couple of my friends 15k gold in couple of hours. I had big issues returning to base with that amount of gold with my brig.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A maintenance cost could be problematic early game, since there isn't a steady flow of gold until you can do treasure maps.  Floatsam give pretty shitty gold, and if lots of people are actually taking them they'll be much rarer than they are currently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, arzosah said:

A maintenance cost could be problematic early game, since there isn't a steady flow of gold until you can do treasure maps.  Floatsam give pretty shitty gold, and if lots of people are actually taking them they'll be much rarer than they are currently.

Maybe 1 or two flags should be "free" for a company. The cost is open for debate/analysis. 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, IcyAxe said:

Maybe 1 or two flags should be "free" for a company. The cost is open for debate/analysis. 🙂 

i thought about this if they do introdce gold cost 1st 2-3 flags need to be free i doubt at early lvls u will have any gold at all unless u spend most of your time picking up 2-10 gold from flotsams, 

im sure that is the possible route they will go down they will look at their data see what the average claim is ie say 4 then they would be free rest start costing rising with each additional flag 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 12:18 AM, Messiro said:

Since its a MMO Type of game like someone said before, there should be no wipes anyways.

 

The devs are trying to find solutions to clean up unused stuff like killing sleepers some patches ago, removing ships the latest patch and balancing the claim system.

So a real wipe would not be necessary in ages cause everything cleans itself.

The claim system is far from balanced.

To me once they get the claim system finalised it would make sense like to wipe and restore the balance.

I say that as the person who claimed 75% of the Darksea Dawgs lands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if they add a maintenance cost to claimed land, they won't need to wipe. After a couple days the cost to maintain the large number of claims will take it's toll and a lot of land will begin to become available.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over 500 hours on official and I can say I wouldn't be bothered but to wipe in the state it is now is just pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a server Wipe dont change nothing, the Faster will place a lot of Claim and other have nothing. 

For me a wipe is Usless if Dev dont change Claim System with a Limitation to 2 or 3 per compagny or a maintenance cost by number of claim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think a wipe would be good or helpful. If you want a wipe get off of official and join a mod- server that wipes all the time without warning. This is an MMO constant evolving world wiping it does not benefit anyone all it does in the current state is change what groups control land it wouldn't be any different than now and with the hundreds of hours to do power stones, exploration to level up pass max takes up so much time to do that for a wipe is going to turn off most people. If you think a wipe would do anything to help land claims and spam after two weeks or so we will be right back where we are today with probably less than half the population.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×