DannyUK

Server wipe

First of all i'd like to say thanks to the devs for some enjoyable Early Access gaming. I definitely got my moneys worth. 

Wiping at this point is going to end my time with Atlas 😞  I survived the initial land rush. I somehow managed to find a couple claims in a very harsh desert area. I Had those claims and my base stolen then got them back.  I've had my ships griefed into oblivion. 

I've dealt with all the bugs and annoyances and still had quite a bit of fun. I've finally gotten to the point where building a nice base was a fun project. My ships, character, tames, skills and gear are at such a level that playing the game feels fun. I've enjoyed sailing around meeting other groups and taking out Sotd''s and doing treasures etc. Getting to this point required grinding my ass off for hours and hours and hours.There is no way I'm doing that again right now. Everyone in my company feels the same as me. The devs should make sure that the benefit of wiping for them at this point and the predictable player exodus is an acceptable cost.

• Sad 1

Skull and Bones looks promising, I'd like to got in on the beta with it since it looks like this one just sunk itself.    I was alright with claim limiting and such but doing a complete wipe, losing your game name, company name and legacy you've built just ends it for me.. I'm still disgusted.   I just can't see how they think the new claim system for pve is going to be better.. how the hell do they expect anyone to be able to build something if someone else can start building on top of them.   I mean some people had amazing bases, now all it will take is a griefer to just throw something up in the way to stop someone's design..  Who wants to deal with that frustration.. yeah I know they said if it's not kept up with repairs that it would decay but who wants to wait while that happens ?    They want a large company pvp game.. well they just figured out how to get it.. I  hope the few players they retain and may get in the future are enough but I'd say the mixed reviews they had will turn negative very quick.

On 2/2/2019 at 12:48 PM, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Not interested in a server wipe, i've played EU PvE solo since day one, if it got wiped i'll be ending my experience at that point.

It's difficult to tell for a company how much a wipe or no wipe would impact the overall playerbase tbh.

I stand by this decision, I'll be ending my Atlas experience when the wipe comes.

I hope though that it helps build the population of the game rather than damages it further.

Heck il be coming back to atlas after the wipe , been away for a month now . Got tired of losing my land every time they changed claim.

• Like 1

actually with the news of the wipe we dont have any interest to play. for me i will continue to play after the wipe because a love this game. i hope dev will be think about a real rule systeme for PVE server

• Like 1

With all the negative reviews out there for this game, I don't think it will be attracting new players for some time.  Grapshots reputation is already tarnished.  This wipe to the official servers is just the final straw for me.  I never had a claimed area and always lived in lawless happily.  I'm not a casual player so my time invested is significant.  I do understand people point of view on why the servers need a wipe and I get it.  But for me, I'm done with this game.  Plenty of other games to play and this one is clearly going to take some time to get fixed.  I hope they eventually get this game fixed up before they have no player base left to even warrant further development.  

• Like 1

This "kindergarten-ish" decision of server wiping, instead of fixing stuff and THEN possibly making such drastic decisions thus taking this sort of wiping actions, clearly shows a lack of competence and credibility of the entire dev team. Sure, the game's image wasn't already enough tarnished and bashed by the gaming community, so why not make it worse? Ridiculous.

Yeah I changed my review from a positive back to a negative, they were finally moving in the right direction and the new claim system was beginning to work all they needed to do was tweak it some more, implement claim limiting and the land issues would have been fixed, they could have still implemented the decay process to rid the game of abandoned ships and structures and they could have still added more areas per region without causing the dedicated players they had/have to lose everything 

This ends my experience with this game, I had my time with the game almost 500 hours actually. Maybe I will return if game gets ever finished.

I barely got the galleon done, I have lost so many tames, ships, crew, inventory and ofc endless time, expecting devs to do right thing, by not wiping the servers and actually work on correcting the claim system as it goes. Claim system is not bad, it just needs correct tweaks...

I have lost countless hours searching for discovery points, some of them bugged, blocked, and such.

I have lost so much time taking claims on PvE, I had to fight toxic players, who were willing to sink my ships by exploits just to get that one more claim, just to spite others around them.

Every day I keep getting disconnected, around 20:00 my time every 20seconds, this crap was never addressed. 

I understand that wipe is necessary due to map changes, but the changes they are taking are not that drastic that the game requires CHARACTER WIPE, and, they could easily allow us to perma store animals, ships, items? for some time after the wipe, so when some time goes by we should be able to retrieve them for gold. And this could actually be made as a feature in freeport so if we go away for longer time we are able to store our stuff away.

And I am 100% that nothing will change. There is going to be another claim/spot rush, foundation spam, shipyard spam, griefers having their field day,...

The main gripe with the wipe I have is that the game breaking bugs will still be present, this way wipe doesn't make any sense.

It would make more sense if they would throw in the polls and ACTUALLY ASK the community what they think.

This is just definition of insanity. It seems like devs didn't learn anything from Ark nor the Atlas.

Edited by IcyAxe
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, IcyAxe said:

This ends my experience with this game, I had my time with the game almost 500 hours actually. Maybe I will return if game gets ever finished.

I barely got the galleon done, I have lost so many tames, ships, crew, inventory and ofc endless time, expecting devs to do right thing, by not wiping the servers and actually work on correcting the claim system as it goes. Claim system is not bad, it just needs correct tweaks...

I have lost countless hours searching for discovery points, some of them bugged, blocked, and such.

I have lost so much time taking claims on PvE, I had to fight toxic players, who were willing to sink my ships by exploits just to get that one more claim, just to spite others around them.

Every day I keep getting disconnected, around 20:00 my time every 20seconds, this crap was never addressed. 

I understand that wipe is necessary due to map changes, but the changes they are taking are not that drastic that the game requires CHARACTER WIPE, and, they could easily allow us to perma store animals, ships, items? for some time after the wipe, so when some time goes by we should be able to retrieve them for gold. And this could actually be made as a feature in freeport so if we go away for longer time we are able to store our stuff away.

And I am 100% that nothing will change. There is going to be another claim/spot rush, foundation spam, shipyard spam, griefers having their field day,...

The main gripe with the wipe I have is that the game breaking bugs will still be present, this way wipe doesn't make any sense.

It would make more sense if they would throw in the polls and ACTUALLY ASK the community what they think.

This is just definition of insanity. It seems like devs didn't learn anything from Ark nor the Atlas.

Exactly, that's one of the reason I'm glad they've dropped claim flags. They still exist but people will have to play PVP for fighting against flags now. I hope all the toxic players move over there.

See how it turns out, we'll not know until they test it, the only thing is the foundation spamming, I'm sure they will do something about this next if they haven't already because that's what 90% of this forum will be about after the changes no doubt.

I always thought a claim wipe was necessary to rid of people who dont play. There should be a gold upkeep and i know they plan to add it after the update, but they should have lowered the claim time way before now to like no less that 24 hours and make you have to do more than just stepping or camping on your claims to keep them. I have 400+ hours in and if i lose tames and character progress i am done. I have a galley, 2 brigs and a schooner i would sacrifice for the greater good but thats it.  I have thought of quitting so many times but things seem to get better, but this total wipe is uncalled for and i will definately just go back to ark when i want a grind game fix. Devs fixed the SoD spawns and then screwed them up again so with the track record they have from my experience, i know it will be time to just give up on the game if i lose all my discovery and lvl progress. That is all i have to say about this.

Well  I can understand map changes and having to wipe items however in p.v.e  why wipe our characters? If they have to id love for us to keep our trips to the fountain of youth or/and some discovery points it would make the wipe so much easier to stomach. if we got to keep discoveries and levels so many pve players would be playing more than ever just working on those things for the wipe. 

29 minutes ago, Yomaz said:

Well  I can understand map changes and having to wipe items however in p.v.e  why wipe our characters? If they have to id love for us to keep our trips to the fountain of youth or/and some discovery points it would make the wipe so much easier to stomach. if we got to keep discoveries and levels so many pve players would be playing more than ever just working on those things for the wipe. 

They have to do a wipe though, if they let people keep their characters and new players coming back have to start over that wouldn't be fair would it?

Yes I'm sad I'm losing all my stuff, I built just about everything the game had, all the ships, base and alot of gold with NPC and I'm solo so I know how it feels to lose it, not as much as the people who had flags though no doubt.

I knew there would be several wipes over the games development though. I saw the notice before I bought the game about changes may happen. I'm looking forward to the challenge of building it back up again but I have no doubts we will be back to this topic in the future "why have you wiped the server?" it will happen again.

29 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

They have to do a wipe though, if they let people keep their characters and new players coming back have to start over that wouldn't be fair would it?

Yes I'm sad I'm losing all my stuff, I built just about everything the game had, all the ships, base and alot of gold with NPC and I'm solo so I know how it feels to lose it, not as much as the people who had flags though no doubt.

I knew there would be several wipes over the games development though. I saw the notice before I bought the game about changes may happen. I'm looking forward to the challenge of building it back up again but I have no doubts we will be back to this topic in the future "why have you wiped the server?" it will happen again.

of course it would be fair, it is unfair to punish the players that stayed by taking away their characters.

Honestly they need to consult with a marketing executive at some point and talk about how sunk cost is what keeps players playing and that every character wipe will lose them money in the long run.

2 minutes ago, microphobe said:

of course it would be fair, it is unfair to punish the players that stayed by taking away their characters.

Honestly they need to consult with a marketing executive at some point and talk about how sunk cost is what keeps players playing and that every character wipe will lose them money in the long run.

But the players that stayed should have been aware of this, the players that left that's their choice. I was under no illusions as what was to come, I'm sad I'm losing my things but that's how it goes.

I have no idea what the numbers will be after the wipe, we'll have to wait and see how many players return, I'm interested to know.

22 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

But the players that stayed should have been aware of this, the players that left that's their choice. I was under no illusions as what was to come, I'm sad I'm losing my things but that's how it goes.

I have no idea what the numbers will be after the wipe, we'll have to wait and see how many players return, I'm interested to know.

players will return but to unofficial servers just like they did with Ark. This is actually the worst thing that could happen for the game because they are looking at a microtransaction driven profit which they won't get on unofficial servers, they also won't get pure feedback from unofficial servers because of mods and rate changes etc.

Environmental wipes and losing bases, tames gold whatever were to be expected, them deleting your character and forcing you to reroll is not.

I always thought a claim wipe was necessary to rid of people who dont play. There should be a gold upkeep and i know they plan to add it after the update, but they should have lowered the claim time way before now to like no less that 24 hours and make you have to do more than just stepping or camping on your claims to keep them. I have 400+ hours in and if i lose tames and character progress i am done. I have a galley, 2 brigs and a schooner i would sacrifice for the greater good but thats it.  I have thought of quitting so many times but things seem to get better, but this total wipe is uncalled for and i will definately just go back to ark when i want a grind game fix. Devs fixed the SoD spawns and then screwed them up again so with the track record they have from my experience, i know it will be time to just give up on the game if i lose all my discovery and lvl progress. That is all i have to say about this.

On 3/1/2019 at 12:22 PM, IcyAxe said:

Agree...

And for me biggest problem itsnt the wipe, its the new "system" and the lost of teh character and all the "progresse" done ingame at all...

That and the fact that its pointless to play till they wipe... And and that time im probably already playing other game.

6.500h of ARK and what i see its that dev's haven't learned anything from ther bad decisions...

Will they wipe again that is something I want clarified before I even think of restarting all over again.

14 minutes ago, Yomaz said:

Will they wipe again that is something I want clarified before I even think of restarting all over again.

Probably. This ain't ARK, where there is just one server with like 7 biomes. This is way more complicated and a bit delicate. I would guess a few more wipes before the game leaves Early Access in about two years.

On 3/1/2019 at 12:26 AM, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I stand by this decision, I'll be ending my Atlas experience when the wipe comes.

I hope though that it helps build the population of the game rather than damages it further.

See ya two weeks after the wipe when you come back.

3 hours ago, CazzT said:

See ya two weeks after the wipe when you come back.

As i've had time to think, i'm back on the fence lol. The only reason i'm on the fence though is no flags in PvE, if there were flags to a degree i'd be certain to return. Just haven't made up my mind yet.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

As i've had time to think, i'm back on the fence lol. The only reason i'm on the fence though is no flags in PvE, if there were flags to a degree i'd be certain to return. Just haven't made up my mind yet.

I'm firmly with the crowd that don't like the removal of the flags on PvE servers.  It's an unnecessary change.  It feels like a situation where they either aren't sure how to fix the problem or just can't be bothered to deal with it.  But with the change that's coming to the claim system, they did bother with it, so it doesn't make sense to remove them.

early access doesn't mean beta or alpha or that it has to be there a wipe. when you mean ea means wipe, than you are wrong

36 minutes ago, Sucoon said:

early access doesn't mean beta or alpha or that it has to be there a wipe. when you mean ea means wipe, than you are wrong

Use this wipe as a learning experience. It is the first wipe, not the last.