Linix Blue

Wrecked again...

So I decided to try my luck at the FOY, (Fountain of Youth) at M12 a good 30 minutes before the patch, give or take. I succeeded. Well my friend got online before I did, and noticed that our ramshackle sloop hasn't even moved from its original location before we went to get the buff....now, I have a extremely strong feeling I will not have the buff due to the rollback/patch...thanks a bunch again @Jatheish On a side note, do NOT restart steam, lost 4 gigs of progress with my download...which is totally new to me.

Edited by Linix Blue

9 minutes ago, Linix Blue said:

Oh of course, typical EA response.

Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Your Buff vs. hundreds of ships.. There is your non EA response.

i think the issue isn't the rollback or the update. it's the lack of communication and or time to prepare for such an update with profound impact.

51 minutes ago, Skyroguen said:

i think the issue isn't the rollback or the update. it's the lack of communication and or time to prepare for such an update with profound impact.

What this person said. A good notice or something would of prevented me from putting the effort into going for the FOY till after the update.

• Thanks 1

There was an announcement made a couple hours before the patch. You could've known. Do they need to be more open about it? Sure. But if it was up to me, I wouldn't go FoY hunting hours before a major patch where a lot could go wrong. 

58 minutes ago, Grongash said:

Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Your Buff vs. hundreds of ships.. There is your non EA response.

Yeah this response was a lot better than the typical EA bs. It makes perfect sense.

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

There was an announcement made a couple hours before the patch. You could've known. Do they need to be more open about it? Sure. But if it was up to me, I wouldn't go FoY hunting hours before a major patch where a lot could go wrong. 

Oh lesson is learned. Just came to the forums to complain like everyone else does. And I do understand things could go wrong. Just mildly irritating. Not enough to make me quit like the other 20k people who have, or so I have read.

Just now, Linix Blue said:

Oh lesson is learned. Just came to the forums to complain like everyone else does. And I do understand things could go wrong. Just mildly irritating. Not enough to make me quit like the other 20k people who have, or so I have read.

What'd you expect? Sunshine and rainbows?

5 minutes ago, Percieval said:

first time i heard about the patch was in this forum. since I cannot be online in game right now I had zero opportunity to check on my things before the patch. for a patch this big there should have been much more warning than a couple hours.

2 minutes ago, Skyroguen said:

first time i heard about the patch was in this forum. since I cannot be online in game right now I had zero opportunity to check on my things before the patch. for a patch this big there should have been much more warning than a couple hours.

But what did you have to check up opon? If I would be playing solo I'd make sure all my things are in order before I sign off.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Percieval said:

But what did you have to check up opon? If I would be playing solo I'd make sure all my things are in order before I sign off.

true. but there was one sloop i had parked for quick trips. i hadn't used it for some time and i'm sure i can replace it quickly. but I would have liked a chance to jump on it before the update.

but your right. my most important assets have seen more regular use.