Jump to content

Meditate

This dang timer is ridiculous!

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ThunderGod97 said:

I can understand renting off land that is near your main base....but the practice that needs to go is capturing other land separate from your main claims just to rent it off to people late to the server.

There should absolutely be a cost associated with owning land, to prevent holding it like this.  And it shouldn't be resources that you'll easily get back with high taxes.  Spawn a hydra on claims and if it's not dead in 8 hours, it gets force declaimed or something.  

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

Honestly, the Lower bound should be LESS than 3 days.  The whole point was to get people to voluntarily shed land that was more than they could possibly be using.  If the protection isn't long enough for you, let somebody else have a scrap.

more than 50 claims....should be 24 hours...that would free up some land. Saw unused land I was watching (nothing built on it, 67 flags total) go from just under 2 days to 19 days with this patch...no hope to get that form them.

The aim for PVE should be less than 50 claims....have more than that you lose them quickly, less and the declaim timer goes up with the smallest number of flags being weeks.

Edited by ThunderGod97

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Archsenex said:

There should absolutely be a cost associated with owning land, to prevent holding it like this.  And it shouldn't be resources that you'll easily get back with high taxes.  Spawn a hydra on claims and if it's not dead in 8 hours, it gets force declaimed or something.  

that seems like overkill just saying. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lillywen said:

that seems like overkill just saying. 

Now you know how people that are struggling to find any land to claim feel about people who have overclaimed and are renting it out to people.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ThunderGod97 said:

more than 50 claims....should be 24 hours...that would free up some land. Saw unused land I was watching (nothing built on it, 67 flags total) go from just under 2 days to 19 days with this patch...no hope to get that form them.

Im actually curious as to what a big company is.. because i know a company that has 85 claims and their timer is 20 days 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must the player be active in that claim? Else it will not help at all.  Players with claims will claim more to have a longer time.  The neighbors will steal the claim and players that have none will still get almost none.

Make claims squares that can not overlap other people's claim and not bubbles that can  overlap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ThunderGod97 said:

Now you know how people that are struggling to find any land to claim feel about people who have overclaimed and are renting it out to people.

you win a cigar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you look at one of the flags it will show you another timer i dont know if its the real timer or not but what ive seen 26flags = 17 days and 58 = 11 days what still is wayy too f long ... @Lillywen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, awakatanka said:

Must the player be active in that claim? Else it will not help at all.  Players with claims will claim more to have a longer time.  The neighbors will steal the claim and players that have none will still get almost none.

Make claims squares that can not overlap other people's claim and not bubbles that can  overlap. 

You get less declaim time when you claim more...not more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ThunderGod97 said:

You get less declaim time when you claim more...not more.

Ok then I'm happy 😋

Those with many claims need to work harder then :wheel:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JackTheWack said:

If you look at one of the flags it will show you another timer i dont know if its the real timer or not but what ive seen 26flags = 17 days and 58 = 11 days what still is wayy too f long ... @Lillywen

You're not looking hard enough. I see land all the time. Run around with F1 flag out and look at timers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JackTheWack said:

@awakatanka if you call the 11 day protection with almost 60 flags working harder ...... 

That is to long indeed. Anything above 10 should be 1 day.  :classic_cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Meditate said:

This 18.12 patch is gonna kill my company if I don't get some more people recruited asap. I have a lot of people who work during the week and play on weekends as well as take business trips, etc..there's only a handful of us that played this game this far through even though we started off bigger and we have a 4 day timer with only a couple places claimed. Not sure how this is going to affect others but if you're in the same boat we should team up cuz I don't got no time for this lol.

 

Greed... let them go to people that will use an actual "couple".

Edited by trqfreak350
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To put this in perspective, I just delete a whole island that we didn't use accept for taxing resources maybe. 15+ flags didn't even change 1 min. you guys are welcome to join me and make use of these claims with but im not giving anything up despite my weekend warrior company.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know you could go to the "random shit water" places and demolish the flags you dont care about?

I'm playing with my girlfriend, we just have 11 flags which is a WHOLE F*CKING COAST and a outpost with a own harbor.

Totally okay with that system, people who really want to maintain so much land they dont really use have to work for it.

That way even more players and smaller groups are able to get their own little piece of land too.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Meditate said:

To put this in perspective, I just delete a whole island that we didn't use accept for taxing resources maybe. 15+ flags didn't even change 1 min. you guys are welcome to join me and make use of these claims with but im not giving anything up despite my weekend warrior company.

 

To put it in perspective, your main base probably takes up more land than all the land I've been able to secure in lawless with my buildings. I've done a small bit of foundation claiming for areas I know I want to build on (very small amount compared to other companies I've seen near me foundation claiming land that I've also seen with claims in non-lawless). That's on hold while I look to try to claim land with these new patches. You losing 15 claims and only 1 minute, really doesn't bother me...considering I have zero currently and have been sailing for days trying to find a spot for 1.

Edited by ThunderGod97

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThunderGod97 said:

To put it in perspective, your main base probably takes up more land than all the land I've been able to secure in lawless with my buildings. I've done a small bit of foundation claiming for areas I know I want to build on (very small amount compared to other companies I've seen near me foundation claiming land that I've also seen with claims in non-lawless). That's on hold while I look to try to claim land with these new patches. You losing 15 claims and only 1 minute, really doesn't bother me...considering I have zero currently and have been sailing for days trying to find spot for 1.

Me and my girlfriend headed out the last days and we found so much free land, big companys are taking over them cause people are not really looking for it.
Run around with F1, walk over all the circles, try to place the flag between them, look everywhere - That way we found like 40 places in like 3 days but we just choose ourself the sweet-spots which were like 11 in the end now and thats more we are able to handle i think.

There is land, a lot of, take it as a adventure, raise your discoveries by looking for them and maybe you'll find your dream island that way, where you will often travel to, to get one spot you want one day!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Messiro said:

Me and my girlfriend headed out the last days and we found so much free land, big companys are taking over them cause people are not really looking for it.
Run around with F1, walk over all the circles, try to place the flag between them, look everywhere - That way we found like 40 places in like 3 days but we just choose ourself the sweet-spots which were like 11 in the end now and thats more we are able to handle i think.

There is land, a lot of, take it as a adventure, raise your discoveries by looking for them and maybe you'll find your dream island that way, where you will often travel to, to get one spot you want one day!

Exactly what I've been doing. Didn't find the F1 shortcut until today when someone mentioned it....been using the emote wheel or whatever it is to bring up the wheel and select place flag. Discoveries are at 71 points so far (max level 54)....could be higher but I haven't stopped and set foot on a lot of islands, just checking from the boat.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No wonder land is hard to find, when ya got greedy fuck-tard company s with 5 people and 50 claims.   Hope ya lose you a bunch mate.

Edited by sgzeroone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently you guys don't have land cuz you came late. and/or don't know how to hit f1 and search. I have a lot and im still looking. You need land otherwise you pay taxes..simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are you seeing how much time you have on your own claim before you lose it ? I've not made it into the game yet to see any new changes but my company is of two people and we have 7 flags I think, 2 of which are in the water. 

 I agree the size of your company makes it easy to defend your flags but still you should be limited to how many flags as well before it's considered a large company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i lost half of my Base today on EU PVE we only have 7 flags but just 4 days upkeep this has to be a joke ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Daemon Cross said:

How are you seeing how much time you have on your own claim before you lose it ? I've not made it into the game yet to see any new changes but my company is of two people and we have 7 flags I think, 2 of which are in the water. 

 I agree the size of your company makes it easy to defend your flags but still you should be limited to how many flags as well before it's considered a large company.

You just look at your flag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×