Meditate

This dang timer is ridiculous!

Were based in a lawless region, so we have land.  We gave up on claimable regions.  You sail around for a few days looking for something good and then realize its all taken and even if you decided to contest...who really want to move into a area in a hostile manner on a pve server?  That more suited for the pvp server.   Whats you justification for claiming 50 with just 4 people?   To Tax people right?   We I have yet to see anyone offering anything more than just land with their 30% tax rate and thats no incentive to relocate out of lawless and be someone serf.  Especially when theirs no guarantee your landlord don't go full retard and just decide to evict.  I don't trust my neighbors in lawless, wtf would I trust a landlord in the claim game?

1 minute ago, Lykai said:

Well i lost half of my Base today on EU PVE we only have 7 flags but just 4 days upkeep this has to be a joke …

what the hell that is crap. we are in the same boat 🤣

1 minute ago, sgzeroone said:

Were based in a lawless region, so we have land.  We gave up on claimable regions.  You sail around for a few days looking for something good and then realize its all taken and even if you decided to contest...who really want to move into a area in a hostile manner on a pve server?  That more suited for the pvp server.   Whats you justification for claiming 50 with just 4 people?   To Tax people right?   We I have yet to see anyone offering anything more than just land with their 30% tax rate and thats no incentive to relocate out of lawless and be someone serf.  Especially when theirs no guarantee your landlord don't go full retard and just decide to evict.  I don't trust my neighbors in lawless, wtf would I trust a landlord in the claim game?

Were actually pretty good to the people in our main base tile of a13. great community with low taxes throughout and I facilitate most of the big trades in the area. we are a trade company we need the land to be able to move our goods throughout the map. How bout you guys join me and quit crying about not having land lmao.

I guess they are trying to say that a small company 2 or less maybe  (solo or husband and wife teams)  don't have as much of a opportunity to sign on and defend their claim based on a  company of 5 or more people who can play at random times.    I would really like to know how many flags each tier can hold before they figure that's to many for a small company or solo player.   I feel  a solo player should be somewhere around 3 to 5 flags  or even 2 wouldn't be bad but that really limits you if someone decides to build on your resources or in front of your base to keep your ships out.  5 flags per member doesn't seem like that's to much either.   

• Like 1

So one thing that needs to be patched in is the calculation of land claims needs to include sea claims that overlap land. We all know that sea claims are the preferred way to go since they cover a MUCH larger area. People are going to get around the land claim thing by claiming sea claims instead to raise their declaim time.

Also, how is it that a company with 175 land claims (according to their flag) has a declaim timer of 20+ hours?

That is what I'd like to understand, how many members based on how many flags determines how much of a declaim timer a company has.. I can kick the members out of my company.  One has quit the game and one only comes around to help because he plays on unoffical.

Its my son and my friend.. I have no heart (lol)

Edited by Daemon Cross

1 minute ago, Daemon Cross said:

That is what I'd like to understand, how many members based on how many flags determines how much of a declaim timer a company has.. I can kick the members out of my company.  One has quit the game and one only comes around to help because he plays on unoffical.

Its my son and my friend.. I have no heart (lol)

could always use another heartless soul to go around looking for land to steal with me lol. like I said. I don't mind the timer just wish it had better parameters and that we weren't penalized for random ass sea claim flags not even related to the server tile. but for real. come join me. this was a recruit post lmao.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Meditate said:

what you people fail to understand is the quality of these flags and what they're "claiming" I don't own a bunch of land I have 2 outposts and 1 mainbase.  most of what is owned is taking up my flags is random shit on water.

Than buckle up and declaim the random shit. It's perfectly visible on the map. 

WOW - It's F#$K tards like you that ruined the game for the rest of us. This is EXACTLY why there needs to be a 2 or so claim limit like the devs actually suggest in their new character tutorial now.  (God forbid they actually limit it themselves). There is ZERO reason for anyone to have nearly 100 claims and for those A-holes that do this quick timer is still not short enough. Once you get over 50 claims there should be a daily timer(24hr), after all if you NEED 50+ claims then you would have a large company that would have at least 3 or 4 people logging in daily, so there would be no problem. Otherwise you lose the land down to what you should have (2 to 5 claims).

Agreed, the more flags you can clear up the better you’ll be, I’ve declaimed all flags I had in H5 when I left and found another claim. I felt it was better to give another player a chance at having land then to struggle as i did when starting out. 

The only mistake I regret is that I simply unclaimed the land instead of finding someone starting out to give it to. Once they implement the selling option in Freeport’s, I think it will help some, new players won’t have any or much gold starting out but at least it will give them something to work towards. I myself have little use for a bunch of land claims so I don’t mind at all to help someone who is having troubles in finding any.

Yea this is bull shit I cleared out so many. We have 26 Claims and were at 4 days still come the hell on!

32 minutes ago, DryRoastedNutz said:

WOW - It's F#$K tards like you that ruined the game for the rest of us. This is EXACTLY why there needs to be a 2 or so claim limit like the devs actually suggest in their new character tutorial now.  (God forbid they actually limit it themselves). There is ZERO reason for anyone to have nearly 100 claims and for those A-holes that do this quick timer is still not short enough. Once you get over 50 claims there should be a daily timer(24hr), after all if you NEED 50+ claims then you would have a large company that would have at least 3 or 4 people logging in daily, so there would be no problem. Otherwise you lose the land down to what you should have (2 to 5 claims).

you don't know what youre spouting off about if you played the game you would know you need to claim in order for this game to have any type of market or politics in the future

• Like 2

I actually thought this might work out and be useful but now that I've checked it out I think it just going to make the huge issue of land claiming a bigger problem. I know people need to be able to go away for vacations and not loses everything but if you have a lot of claims you should be in a guild and so other members should be refreshing the timer for you. They really should have put a limit on claim per person this would have naturally help because that way bigger guilds could have control of more land but one person couldn't take over an entire island. I do know of two people that own an entire island and now they have 20-day protect. Currently, I've seen people with 80+ claims getting 20 days which is odd because another person is claiming he only has 4 days. This could be related to sea claims, number of members, or the system bugged which wouldn't surprise me. Either way, all the claims I've looked at have 20-day timer no matter the number of the claims. If they are going to use this system they need to make the number of claims for max protection a lot lower. I still think it would have been much smarter to put a limit on claims per person and then grant longer protection. I feel the lack of land is negatively impacting the game but that just my opinion.

Maybe they should offer players who have to live in a lawless area due to land shortage a mean to increase their timer to at least a week. In Ark, the type of structure you built increase how long it last so you had to put in some work for it or they could give us an NPC which we would pay a maintenance fee to avoid losing everything in three days. You could even make these NPC have a radius they protect so that way foundation/pillar spammers wouldn't be able to protect large amounts of land or keep cost high enough to avoid people placing tons of them. I know you can rent land but I've already seen how easily people get double-crossed since there is no protection for the renter. Maybe there should be a countdown timer if the landowner is planning to change the setting so that way the players has time to remove their stuff and maybe the evicted should get pay some gold for being evicted. The fact is the current system makes it way to easy to exploit people who've worked hard to built a base on rent land. 

The "number of land claims" has been bugged for some time.

The total is only taking into consideration claims placed AFTER the update which implemented the claim counter.

Even though the timer in this shot indicates 3:23:57:46 is remaining, when I attempt to place a flag here the timer at the top of the screen reads: 20:23:49:29

237BA6DFA49E011B52DE7A3C0981B45915D24913

Edited by Endo Fett
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Endo Fett said:

The "number of land claims" has been bugged for some time.

The total is only taking into consideration claims placed AFTER the update which implemented the claim counter.

As you can see in the photo, this has allowed certain companies to actually have a negative number of claims, causing a MASSIVE timer.

The Divinity Corsairs, the company in question, has dozens of land claims on the island of Stockfait Key in A4 alone. 

This company, and others like it, now enjoy a multi-month protection for their massive number of claims.

PLEASE FIX IMMEDIATELY.

PvE Timer Bugged (2).jpg

3 day  23 hr 57min 46 sec timer ,  , working as intended, lots of claims = 4 days timer . less claims up to 2 weeks i see no issues with your pic

my timer show 20day 23hr 59min 59sec as i have very few claims

learn to understand the mechanics and patch notes before posting rubbish 

from my looking at other flags the minus claims is a display bug , lots of copmpanys who have spam claimed have less than 1 week of protection thi s is all the big companys i have looked at 

Edited by UDO

13 minutes ago, UDO said:

3 day  23 hr 57min 46 sec timer ,  , working as intended, lots of claims = 4 days timer . less claims up to 2 weeks i see no issues with your pic

my timer show 20day 23hr 59min 59sec as i have very few claims

learn to understand the mechanics and patch notes before posting rubbish 

from my looking at other flags the minus claims is a display bug , lots of copmpanys who have spam claimed have less than 1 week of protection thi s is all the big companys i have looked at 

I understand the system as its meant to work, I suppose I should clarify. 

The timer you see in the photo is 3 days. There is also a count of -3 for number of claims.

The part that you can't see, which I failed to mention and could not include in the ridiculously small upload size, is that when I try to place a flag in their territory the white timer at the top tells me they have 20+ days...

Please review updated image.

Edited by Endo Fett

5 minutes ago, Endo Fett said:

I understand the system as its meant to work, I suppose I should clarify. 

The timer you see in the photo is 3 days. There is also a count of -3 for number of claims.

The part that you can't see, which I failed to mention and could not include in the ridiculously small upload size, is that when I try to place a flag in their territory the white timer at the top tells me they have 20+ days...

then something is very wrong if if showing different timer when trying to place flag , i will test this out myself as i onyl went by what is displayed on the flag itself , i did not check with a flag out ...

Just now, UDO said:

then something is very wrong if if showing different timer when trying to place flag , i will test this out myself as i onyl went by what is displayed on the flag itself , i did not check with a flag out ...

Look at my updated screen.

I say this is a good thing. It means, in the long run, you can only maintain the land you have people for. The game shouldn't be about owning as much land as you can. Land is tight as it is and its hard enough to find any with all the claim spam many companies do. If your company has lost members it only makes sense that you would lose land as well.

As someone who has been stuck on lawless sense game launch due to no land being out there and the only land, we have found to contest having been foundation spammed by the company next door making the land 100% blocked for us to build on due to such. I'm all for this.  You should only have as much land as your company size can maintain.

Restricting the ammount of claims per player wont help at all. Bigger guilds just work with extra accounts or a lot of inactive ones. The new system can work, they just need to fix the older flags so they get counted correctly and find the right balance. 

16 hours ago, Meditate said:

and we have a 4 day timer with only a couple places claimed. 

By a "Couple of places" do you mean like 2 entire islands? that is close to the minimum timer. someone in your company maybe claimed a bit more than you might think. If thats the case, then go unclaim them. should be able to make it down to 10 claims for around a 14 day timer

12 hours ago, Endo Fett said:

Look at my updated screen.

wow something is very screwed up 3 day timer on flag yet 20 days when u try to place one 😕 

20 hours ago, Meditate said:

its a shitty system I feel. should be based total actual land claims not just flags. I cant track flags that people put down in water to expand the territory "size"

Sea Claims do not count

33 minutes ago, UDO said:

wow something is very screwed up 3 day timer on flag yet 20 days when u try to place one 😕 

Yup something not right there, but the question is which timer actually works, as in, is it actually claimable after the 3 day timer that shows, or the 20 day timer. If it's the 3 day timer that's fine, they just need to fix the issue of the other time displaying incorrectly.

However, the thing that doesn't sit right with me, besides the conflicting timers is that the number of land claims on the picture shows -3 instead of 3. That could be causing the issue.

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Yup something not right there, but the question is which timer actually works, as in, is it actually claimable after the 3 day timer that shows, or the 20 day timer. If it's the 3 day timer that's fine, they just need to fix the issue of the other time displaying incorrectly.

However, the thing that doesn't sit right with me, besides the conflicting timers is that the number of land claims on the picture shows -3 instead of 3. That could be causing the issue.

yeah something like "if invalid number then expiration = max expiration"

Sea Claims need to count...entire islands are claimed by nothing but sea claims. I've seen several times just today companies with a ton of sea claims encircling their island, with a single land claim on the island and the flags only register 1 land claim so they get 20 hours on the expiration timer. That exploit needs to be patched out. The land claims need to reflect any claims which touch land...and I would say any that are near land (within 50 m) since those can be used to secure docks and shipyards just off land, and a land claim in this game is pretty damn useless without somewhere to build your ships.