Meditate

This dang timer is ridiculous!

Just now, Meditate said:

what you people fail to understand is the quality of these flags and what they're "claiming" I don't own a bunch of land I have 2 outposts and 1 mainbase.  most of what is owned is taking up my flags is random shit on water.

What you don't understand is that your company of 14 people created that mess, so those still in the company have a responsibility to clean up said mess. If you don't want random sea flags then go clear them up.

You do know that before the change the timer was at 48 hours for everyone, no matter the size of your company?

6 minutes ago, watnheld said:

You do know that before the change the timer was at 48 hours for everyone, no matter the size of your company?

And it was still a pain to find any land that I could actually place a flag down to claim. Searched for about 30 zones and only found one piece of land that allowed me to contest. Saw a wolf still alive so I didn't claim it though. The people had obviously just not played this week...probably weekenders I'm guessing.

I'm looking to contest, but not looking to contest people who look to be active somewhat recently. Crew members still alive (they'll contest anyway) or tames still alive mean they are just taking a small break and aren't inactive.

Edited by ThunderGod97

I'm very glad they added a system to make life harder for people who have 10 claims per person or more.  Exactly what it's supposed to counter.

• Like 4

I can confirm that 8 flags = 19 days. Even though the number of claims it says we have is inaccurate, that should give you guys an idea.

• Like 1

So...this complain is because you have in your company members that only loggin on weekends, some travel alot and cant be playing the game, have 50 flags on server claiming property that could be used by more active players... and u are complaining because you must be active within 6 days...

I cant say what I want to say here....

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ThunderGod97 said:

And it was still a pain to find any land that I could actually place a flag down to claim. Searched for about 30 zones and only found one piece of land that allowed me to contest. Saw a wolf still alive so I didn't claim it though. The people had obviously just not played this week...probably weekenders I'm guessing.

I'm looking to contest, but not looking to contest people who look to be active somewhat recently. Crew members still alive (they'll contest anyway) or tames still alive mean they are just taking a small break and aren't inactive.

You mean you tried to claim more land after they fixed the flag timers or before that? 

The first change was totally dumb, I bet a lot of people lost their bases cause they werent online for 2 days. To base it on the ammount of flags makes more sense. 

If you are at 4 days now, it sounds reasonable to me. In lawless sectors you also dont get more time to be inactive.

My company has 22 flag claims, and there are 4 of us, the timer is 17 days for us.  I am pretty sure it goes based of claims if you have 50+ claims yes it will be harder to maintain, which is why they are doing it the way they are. to make it hard for people to hold onto a ton of land 

7 minutes ago, watnheld said:

You mean you tried to claim more land after they fixed the flag timers or before that? 

The first change was totally dumb, I bet a lot of people lost their bases cause they werent online for 2 days. To base it on the ammount of flags makes more sense. 

If you are at 4 days now, it sounds reasonable to me. In lawless sectors you also dont get more time to be inactive.

I was trying to claim after they set it to 2 days....but I was also aware that weekenders may lose bases simply because of that declaim time. So I wasn't trying to claim anything that looked like the people had been inactive for only a short time...only stuff where all crew gone, all tames dead sort of thing. That shows true inactivity. With that I only found one base that allowed declaiming, but that base was obviously still active recently, so I didn't try to declaim.

This patch makes a lot more sense. It'll free up land from those who overclaimed (still plenty will have entire islands claimed though) and give people a chance who just need to take a little time off.

Edited by ThunderGod97

57 minutes ago, Meditate said:

more than 50 but less than 100 I would say.

It serms it is normal for me. More flags you have more people you need to care of it. I like this current system. 

Edited by Robotukas
  • Like 1

And im just here the unlucky one that got his main base stolen before this update thanks to sleepers not defending anymore andd now have to wait like 10 days to reclaim it from a 20 flag guy .... f fun... Just wipe the servers already pve only has like 6 players per server currently ... 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, JackTheWack said:

And im just here the unlucky one that got his main base stolen before this update thanks to sleepers not defending anymore andd now have to wait like 10 days to reclaim it from a 20 flag guy .... f fun... Just wipe the servers already pve only has like 6 players per server currently ... 

How many total flags you have and how many islands with flags you have?

Edited by Robotukas

1 minute ago, JackTheWack said:

Just wipe the servers already pve only has like 6 players per server currently ... 

Thats absolutely and totally BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pretty sure we had 7 last night for about 15 minutes

3 minutes ago, JackTheWack said:

i mean to be fair it will probably be along while till servers get wiped.

@Robotukas 5 flags total , they had a 3 day protection b4 the 17 patch i was in hospital for 2 days so was not able to refresh it . Was sleeping in the base so wasnt really that worried but when i got back yesterday my base taken over and i cant even use the doora so had to suicide. Looked it showed 2 days left for reclaim and after this update its 10 days.... So might as well just start fresh again or travel around with my brig until i find something wich is highly unlikely.

5 minutes ago, JackTheWack said:

Where is no reason to whipe in opinion. Game is still in beta stage. 🙂

And one of the completely unused places I was hoping to claim from a company with 60+ flags (according to the flags themselves) says it has a 19 day declaim timer on it....time to find another place I guess.

2 minutes ago, JackTheWack said:

@Robotukas 5 flags total , they had a 3 day protection b4 the 17 patch i was in hospital for 2 days so was not able to refresh it . Was sleeping in the base so wasnt really that worried but when i got back yesterday my base taken over and i cant even use the doora so had to suicide. Looked it showed 2 days left for reclaim and after this update its 10 days.... So might as well just start fresh again or travel around with my brig until i find something wich is highly unlikely.

lots of people have land for rent and such. my company has some land on c3 and b2 we can rent off. 

2 minutes ago, ThunderGod97 said:

And one of the completely unused places I was hoping to claim from a company with 60+ flags (according to the flags themselves) says it has a 19 day declaim timer on it....time to find another place I guess.

Older flages still seem to be buged/not counting. 

We can rent out territory at B5 as well. If you are willing to get into a alliance with us since we dont want people trying to claim our territory all the time.

Edited by watnheld

Honestly, the Lower bound should be LESS than 3 days.  The whole point was to get people to voluntarily shed land that was more than they could possibly be using.  If the protection isn't long enough for you, let somebody else have a scrap.

Well i dont see PVE getting any better if they dont start releasing different patches for it from pvp . And they need a full rework for the claim system for pve and cant to it without a wipe sadly..

1 minute ago, JackTheWack said:

In that case sry for you lost. If you need help text message in private with how I can find you in steam. My self I don’t have any flag but I am glad to help for you to get or to settle. I am based in NA PvE

1 minute ago, Lillywen said:

lots of people have land for rent and such. my company has some land on c3 and b2 we can rent off. 

I can understand renting off land that is near your main base....but the practice that needs to go is capturing other land separate from your main claims just to rent it off to people late to the server.