Sign in to follow this  
Skyroguen

Fixing Vitamins

One of the big problems I am having with the vitamin system is that they decay way too fast. the other is that you Overdose way to quickly.

Vitamins should decay at about 1/10 to 1/100 the rate of hunger. I should have to each a dozen meals be fore i notice I am missing an important vitamin.

Overdosing on a vitamin should be extremely hard as in most cases the body only uses what is needs rejects the rest.

I suggest we eliminate the overdose effects. keep the balanced buff. and reduce the decline rate a lot.

Also Food should decline at a slower rate than thirst. it should take a long time to starve to death.

• Like 1

If I remember it right, the fortitude stat decrease vitamins decay rate. I have fortitude around 30 (because I live in tundra) and feels just fine.

All my vits are around the same state and then when I feel hunger and vits are low all I have to eat is 5 pieces of meat, fish and vegetables from farm, and 25 pieces of berries (it's 3 pieces of prime fish/meat). So I simply forgot about any food planing. Just do meat/fish stock from time to time, there are way enough "yellow" vit-food from just 4 piles of farm and in tundra there are tons "orange" berries around.

also Food should decline at a slower rate than thirst.

As far as I understand - when your stamina is restoring, your water and food rate decreasing. And if you overheated (close to central zones) your water rate will decrease far more quickly. If you freezing (northern/southern zones) then your food level will decrease much more.

And I agree - overdose is stupid. I mean... imagine the guy died because he ate to much of beans... : ))

Edited by George Catcher
  • Thanks 1

Viamins are fine.  Utilize the tools given to you if the base rates are not good.  There are skills in survival you can use.  Fortitude slows it down.  There are food receipes that balance them to 50 specifically and try to hold it there, and there is an amazing buff if you do.

Pay attention to your cold/heat levels as well as hp/stam regen.  

• Thanks 1

The Vitamin system is one of the most annoying best things they put in this game, finally a "get rewarded for keeping balanced". If your over doseing, the system isnt the problem you are. its damn near impossible if your watching the bars. and if your not lookin for the balance buff. They can get right down near invisible before they even start to debuff you

7 hours ago, Skyroguen said:

One of the big problems I am having with the vitamin system is that they decay way too fast. the other is that you Overdose way to quickly.

Vitamins should decay at about 1/10 to 1/100 the rate of hunger. I should have to each a dozen meals be fore i notice I am missing an important vitamin.

Overdosing on a vitamin should be extremely hard as in most cases the body only uses what is needs rejects the rest.

I suggest we eliminate the overdose effects. keep the balanced buff. and reduce the decline rate a lot.

Also Food should decline at a slower rate than thirst. it should take a long time to starve to death.

I'd also add that negitive vits dont make you upchuck repeatadly or die. Otherwise I agree with all this

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Skyroguen said:

Decay way too fast? Where are you playing exactly? I can play for a good 5hrs before I'm obligated to do something about it. I almost never have problems with it. And that's when I don't pay attention to it at all. All the vitamins are easy catch. I thought we were over the vitamin bitching after day 7 from alpha launch?

Since it is based off of nothing. If they're gonna insert your suggestion, that means your vitamins deplete after 50 or 500 hours. In that time, I'm pretty sure people would've died. I don't mind it, if you got some berries, meat, fruits and fish laying around you didn't have to make this thread at all. I like people giving suggestions to make the game better, but make them so it actually gets better. (Purely talking about rates)

Edited by Percieval

Biggest problem I'm having with vits is they run out before I get hungry again.

Kinda my fault though, I do a lot of standing around going "uuhhh, ok, so, how'm I gonna do that!??"  when I really should be running around more.

Can't say this game isn't immersive and true to life when it turns out I need more exercise.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Since it is based off of nothing. If they're gonna insert your suggestion, that means your vitamins deplete after 50 or 500 hours. In that time, I'm pretty sure people would've died. I don't mind it, if you got some berries, meat, fruits and fish laying around you didn't have to make this thread at all. I like people giving suggestions to make the game better, but make them so it actually gets better. (Purely talking about rates)

ok, i get it now, thank you