Dr Lurch

Stepping Across an "Enemy" Docked Raft

I meant no malice at the time, I just wanted the shortest path to my new ramshackle sloop.

Yes, I made the mistake of not knowing the full extent of docked-boat-protection.

Yes, I should die for that.

NO, the game should not ping-pong me about on the surface of a raft for 20 minutes before I die of natural causes.

If we're committed to nonsense, please restore our expedient means of suicide.

I doubt anyone will read this, but thank you if you did; double thanks if you thought about it.

• Like 1

Someone brought to my attention that you can eat poop to die. Please increase the poop interval to satisfy the "expedient means of suicide" criterion.

We should be repelled off of the raft. not stuck onto it. This mechanic is flawed "stupid". Now I can't invite people aboard my ships. so much for running passengers.

1 minute ago, Dr Lurch said:

Someone brought to my attention that you can eat poop to die. Please increase the poop interval to satisfy the "expedient means of suicide" criterion.

i keep a piece of Suicide Fudge on me at all times just for such occasions.

• Haha 1

After the first few times I'm more aware of it and tend not to jump on them. Unfortunately it happened again last night.

I jumped over a huge rock expecting just shallow water below but nope a raft had to be there didn't it, got stuck.

I usually just punch the air until drain stamina and kills you in 1 minute. If you do this with people near by its goodbye stuff, won't be there when you get back.

Why they have made it so you hover on it i do not know. Surely its simple to just slide you right off?

To be honest, I thought people were hacking or using a glitched boat.  If this is truly intended, it has got to be the most ridiculous mechanic in the game at this point.

yes it even happens to animals , i managed to kill an alpha lion that was glued to someones raft ,  if the owner raises the anchor then the glitch no longer works and all foreign entities are able to move again.

Yeah I always have to get someone from my company to grapple me off. Please make it so you don't bounce off the edges. Do we really deserve death for jumping onto the wrong raft?

I can't believe people are discussing ways to kill yourself as the solution to this like it's ok.

IT'S NOT OK. 

Please fix the problem properly!

On 2/2/2019 at 5:50 AM, Skyroguen said:

We should be repelled off of the raft. not stuck onto it. This mechanic is flawed "stupid". Now I can't invite people aboard my ships. so much for running passengers.

i keep a piece of Suicide Fudge on me at all times just for such occasions.

This only applies when ships are anchored, when unanchored, anyone can board your ship.

On 2/4/2019 at 12:13 AM, TerrorTrooper said:

This only applies when ships are anchored, when unanchored, anyone can board your ship.

I think most seasoned players understand the mechanics of it now.  My personal issue I have with it, is that it tends to give new players a bad impression.  Imagine spawning in a freeport for the first time, seeing all these ships as a newb and wanting to look at em.  You jump off the dock onto a ramp and now your stuck.  they dont know the mechanics, alls they see is a broken game.

we literally had a guy give the game a second chance this last week, and this happened to him in the first 10 minutes. he got furious and uninstalled the game. This effectively chases away players.

The proper solution to anchored boats in PVE should be this:

Once anchored for 5 minutes, they are utterly invincible. no amount of weight, passengers, damage from PVE sources, SOTD, whales etc should harm them. 

The anchor should not  be allowed to rise unless you get weight, passengers under control. 

Your anchor shield needs 5 minutes of not being gnawed on by a whale or SOTD to take effect to prevent it being used as a shield in combat.

this current system gives bad feel to new players and it discourages team work. we'd love to take strangers treasure map hunting with us, but we don't want them to turn into a boat hover prisoner.

I doubt it's an easy fix, but surely they can make "boat anchored" buff give various rules right?