Sign in to follow this  
WInslow

Alphas, alphas, alphas.

Alphas spawning inside buildings, both in lawless territory and in company claim. 

Alphas spawning on foundations, literally right before our eyes. 

Why oh why are their freaking alphas spawning inside of buildings? RIP entire barn dead. 

• Build 3 Walls high -> park animals on the upper floor
  • Build barn in water
  • Store animals on ships

Gotta work arround it, dont rely on the devs to fix this.

Edited by DNAofDeath

10 minutes ago, DNAofDeath said:
  • Build barn in water
  • Store animals on ships

The first is about what I do, but generally go 2 walls high. Seen some people put stacked foundations for the bottom floor, I think 3 or 4 high. I'm guessing this stops all spawns on the ground floor.

The next two I think will be more trouble than they are worth, because they do not solve the problem that on server restart, animals sometimes fall through a ceiling and end up on the ground floor. Build over the water, some will drown. In a ship, they will get stuck in the ship or drown. (I haven't tested this, but I have had my tames end up on the bottom floor when they were previously parked on the floor two walls up.)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DNAofDeath said:
  • Build barn in water
  • Store animals on ships

Dont work they fall through floor. We had 39 tames killed overnight falling through the floors. When the floors are stacked they end up clipping into them as well having to demo the floors to get them out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wildbill said:

animals sometimes fall through a ceiling and end up on the ground floor

No worries, in ARK it took em just 2 yrs to fix that bug, and in ATLAS, a full copy&paste of ark, its back in, isn't that a cool fact?
(i really do not understand what's running through their heads using a clearly visible VERY old version of ARK as base for ATLAS, really, i dont get it, no matter how much i bang my head against my table)

Edited by DNAofDeath

2 minutes ago, DNAofDeath said:

No worries, in ARK it took em just 2 yrs to fix that bug, and in ATLAS, a full copy&paste of ark, its back in, isn't that a cool fact?
(i really do not understand what's running through their heads using a clearly visible VERY old version of ARK as base for ATLAS, really, i dont get it, no matter how much i bang my head against my table)

Still isnt fully fixed on Ark. 

1 hour ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Whiners, whiners, whiners.

you're actually calling people whiners because they're losing hours of taming time to shitty game code? wow

Tbh I never had any problems with alphas on our island. Alpha spawns are normal on our island but most of them are alpha seagulls, crows, bears, pigs. There are rarely alpha predators on our island. Ans I've seen wolves teleport into shacks so best solution is have the tames on upper floor. None of my tames have been killed by alphas teleporting in my pens till now.