Ghoster

bug All my friends losing characters!!!

me and all my tribemates have lost their characters, no respawn menu just puts us straight into the character creation, praying for a rollback for the thousands affected 😞

• Like 1

So I think I found a solution, I had to die and click choose a new homeport and i was able to spawn back in with my old character. It was glitchy and didnt let me use my old character for a day but im back in the game now so that might help some of yall

Iam already dead in game :(. tried to join free portal but each time it get me into character creation option 😞

Same here. Cannot log in without going to create new character.

Also my character is still there in the game world. My fellow guild members can see my character sleeping in our main base. I just cannot log into my character.

Edited by InfernalGnome

Me and 3 others lost characters for no reason one said he was a hacker (which I know for a fact he dose not) me i just logged in and cant do anything/ open hub and other 2 just vanished. 

Trying to join the game as well but it keeps throwing me into the character creation screen as well.  I had been trying to switch grids and they were all disconnected so there's no representation of me anywhere in the game world.

Same here. my character was dead when i logged out last night, when i went to log in today it said i could not transfer servers, gave up for a bit now it goes right to create new character screen.

has anyone with this issue went through with creating a new character to see what happens?

I managed to log back in on my character, this is what I did.

When the bug happened to me I was trying to leave a zone to a freeport (not sure if important). My body was still on the boat after the bug occurred. I got my friend to spawn on the boat and take my body into the freeport. I then Clicked 'Join New Atlas' and selected the freeport and it logged me into my character.

If your body is out there I think you can get someone to take you to a freeport and it will work. 

GL

lost my character too cant get it back tried alot of stuff.

On 1/22/2019 at 11:41 PM, UglyFred said:

I managed to log back in on my character, this is what I did.

When the bug happened to me I was trying to leave a zone to a freeport (not sure if important). My body was still on the boat after the bug occurred. I got my friend to spawn on the boat and take my body into the freeport. I then Clicked 'Join New Atlas' and selected the freeport and it logged me into my character.

If your body is out there I think you can get someone to take you to a freeport and it will work. 

GL

This might be fine for some, but what about those of us that logged off in a base and were rolled back into the middle of the ocean somewhere? After yet another rollback, I found myself floating in the ocean between two servers. I died and attempted to respawn during the server transfer bug where no one could transfer servers. Like many others, I kept attempting to respawn only to suddenly be tossed to the new character screen when clicking on 'rejoin server'.  I still have the rejoin atlas option so assuming data is still out there in limbo somewhere so I will not risk making a new character for fear of over-riding the data of the last one. I tried changing home servers and spawning in a freeport ect only to be thrown back to the new character screen each time. I also tried last night and again this morning hoping that the patch that occurred yesterday might fix the issue, nope. Maybe this inability to access my character for a couple of days is good because it gives me time to think about how unappealing this game is with all of its bugs and deficits (and now asinine decisions like the stone/nerf/paste change) really is. 

Are you people sure your not actually aged and dead?I mean i started late and already 60 years old,so i imagine all the fast start players would be up around a 100 by now.

Characters dying to old age isn't implemented yet.  Most of the recent cases are of those that have visited the FoY and had one stack of Rejuvenation I. 

Here's a response I received before they closed the ticket:

Ahoy Pathfinder,

I'm very sorry to hear that you lost your character this way. I can understand how devastating this feels and at this time I wish I was able to bring your character back but I sadly am unable to at this time. Please know we are looking into this issue so we can prevent it from occurring again. Here are some options you can try to retrieve your character back that has sometimes worked for other players:

Option A. Try logging onto another network IP (like switching to wifi)

Option B. Have another player move your body to a freeport, select the same freeport to spawn into it and it log in.
Option C. Back up local save, uninstall/reinstall Atlas, then try to relog.

Hopefully in the near future we will be able to offer more support with this and prevent it all together. Pathfinder, please know that I appreciate your patience and time and feel free to reach out to us in the near future should you have any questions or concerns in the near future!

And it's a paste + copy response because I had noted that I tried A and C.  B was unavailable because a company member killed me on a beach somewhere before I thought to try that option.  I would like to hear their process for investigating this issue if what I heard that it being commonplace in Ark is true.

Edited by Aatxe360