Sign in to follow this  
sacreddingo

Tempatrure questions

Ok so i got some land on the Equator, where im stuck wearing cloth for most my daily adventures due to sudden heat waves.  My question is other then going in the water is there a better way for cooling down.  With Cloth being the best for hyperthermic isolation and having 10 pt in fortitude (which fort is a waste, i just thought id try it. fort needs more pts per level up)  I still end up unable to combat heat. Even when going inside and having the houseing buff which seems no where near as strong as in ark i can end up losing health to over heating.   and if it serves me correct sometimes i can move to shade of some trees and its cooler in the area? is this a thing or are just different parts of the island susceptible to more heat then others? long story short whats the best ways to stay cool on a hot atlas night (or day)

Yeah, 75 fortitude and I still almost die from heatwaves. Going to respec and put more points into hp and weight

They branched off the dev tree from ark into atlas before the anti-heat stuff really got put in I think.  Ark had a similar problem for a while until scorched earth came out and they added the adobe housing and anti heat clothing.  I imagine we will get something similar at some point later on in the EA process but probably not for a while.

I think there are some cooking foods/drinks that cool you down but I'm not sure on that.  Something to look into though.