Sign in to follow this  
Jawa

PVE - How do I remove another players abandoned raft in a Lawless Zone?

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm trying to build a small port on a Lawless zone but there's an abandoned raft that's sitting right in the middle of where i'm trying to build. It's decay isn't going down and the player who owns the raft and his Company are nowhere near me. How do I go about removing it so I can build? I thought perhaps the decay would go down on it and it would eventually disappear but that's not been the case. My own raft and ship beside it seem to have no issue decaying but the other persons is permanently stuck at around half health and I can't seem to claim it.

Quite frankly I'm almost willing to look at alternatives like exploits at this stage to remove it.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

At this point in time, you cannot scuttle unowned abandoned vessels. However, storms and such will cause damage to the vessel over time, eventually sinking it. Other than that there is no way to remove them, yet. I'm sure that the development team are trying to find a fair way of dealing with this.

Some patch ago, it was possible to claim a raft after the decay timing wear off. Now you can't anymore.

Here's the thing. My raft is taking damage, My ship is taking damage beside it. I'm not using them or anything they're just parked there, but the rafts that are causing the issues take no damage and have no decay. Why is my raft taking damage and needing repair when the one beside it isn't?

Are your ships anchored? Anchored ships/rafts dont decay unless they are hit by cyclones. We had an abandoned, unanchored raft in our cove that eventually decayed after 4 or 5 days.

The upcoming patch v18 may have the quality of life change that will meet your needs!

- Ships that have been inactive for 3 weeks on PvE servers and Golden Age Ruin servers will now vaporize (tackling the abandoned ramshackle boats/rafts on maps)

If the owners truly haven't been in range of the raft for some time, especially 3 weeks, then later today when v18 drops it should disappear.

• Thanks 2

I truly hope they add the 3 week timer to all boats. Or at least give them a little more time. I am happy that they are finally doing something about these starter boats, but after that stone change so many people have quit and their boats continue to litter beaches and block new people. Thank you for your repost @[GP] Guybrush Threepwood

Edited by StarWhispers

This was removed from V18.0 will be added when it can be vetted more

What they need to do is add the ability to claim abandoned ships.  At least then players can increase the size of their fleets or salvage the newly claimed ships for resources.