Sign in to follow this  
TwistedEndz

Why are Npc so broken?

So our only defense VS overpowered explosive Barrels is not working.

we had 10 puckle gunes looking at all angle we had multiple swivel gun and we had the crew ready to fight back encase we get attacked all while offline, well we came back and the same guy offlined us again with exploding barrels and i noticed that when i left the clan to try to see how the defense were here is what the npcs are doing https://streamable.com/fbjy6

I just finished testing it with pikes and swords and it does no dmg to me.. 

1 person can sunk anything with the barrels the defense is a joke 

Pretty sure you need to give them weapons.

that being said they seem much too passive. I also hope a dev redoes the ai for them so they go around obstacles instead of getting caught in everything

Edited by Bad News Bear

47 minutes ago, Bad News Bear said:

Pretty sure you need to give them weapons.

that being said they seem much too passive. I also hope a dev redoes the ai for them so they go around obstacles instead of getting caught in everything

i tested it with pikes and swords it went right trough me, i got hit once on 50 swings VS 3 npc .. it's broke

Yeah... well got my base in lawless raided and everything stripped down to stuff that would be totally useless like my cooked fish and meat. I am a solo player who plays as a crazy pirate role-player. I spend my time giving out info, helping others because I weirdly find that fun

Logged on at the tail end of it where they were building another schooner to supplement the 3-4 ships they'd brought to carry away all that I'd spent the last few weeks building up so perhaps I could go try do something different and fun in the game like build a brig and put some cannons on it and try killing some SotD or getting into an exciting battle at sea.

My level 38 weaponless transport Schooner sunk at port, the pair of near cap bears I'd spent great effort in getting? Dead. My horse, my pigs for poop for my farm, my wolf and lion all executed. My Parrot and Monkey which were part of my role-play shtick which I was quite attached to both slaughtered. My Elephants dead along with a couple of others I'd tamed as a gift for a helpful chap dead .All the gold I'd taken weeks to build up so I could maybe hire some NPC crew gone. The 4-5 Parrots I'd tamed as a gift to give to some people I'd met living in the frozen tundra killed

Yeah fuck this and fuck the devs for making this easier with the nerf to stone. Fuck the fact that it was a bunch of Chinese players when I am playing on a server marked EU (not that they were Chinese, the fact that this server is not advertised for that region and I think I am right in having some expectation of an EU player-base on a server advertised as EU that will be largely playing in the hours kept by EU citizens). Even managed to (pointlessly) kill a few of them naked, they were truly terrible with one managing to point blank range shoot his colleague I was punching with a blunderbuss as opposed to me.

Fuck teams that come into lawless with 3-4 ships during work hours to pick on players there and, once again, fuck the devs for encouraging this by nerfing my only protection while offline of having prioritised building up a layers of walls and gates, even had a few puckles up covering all angles inside the inner perimeter. I didn't put up cannon towers etc because this seemed kind of like a dick move to pull in a lawless zone bordering freeports on new players just finding their way. The only reason I even caught any of this happening, albeit far too late as all the above had already happened, was because I had to pop home during my work day to grab something to continue my work day and thought I'd have a quick check on things while I drank a coffee.

Fuck a game that punishes me for having the temerity to sleep or work, it's fucking retarded. To blow through two sets of gates and 4 walls should at least be prohibitively time consuming and expensive, it is neither of these things. It is way easier to knock them down as opposed to putting them up and I'm sure a lot more fun too, not to mention lucrative. I already have a job, I don't need another. It's nothing to do with PvP either, I've played PvP games with persistent worlds and base building 15+ years ago that managed to not put their player-base through this crap. The fact that recent changes have made this worse, when it was bad enough already, feels like a targeted “fuck you” in my face from the dev team to whom I've given my hard earned cash.

Not that I haven't had positive experiences, a few players piped up the other night to say that my crazy role-play antics brightened up their day. I was actually touched that people remembered my sea rescues when everybody was spawning in the centre of the map at the bottom of the ocean and that “I did an amazing pirate voice”.

Bollocks to it, I really haven't the energy or enthusiasm for it anymore.

Join a company and thatll make it easier. Still do ur crazy pirate stuff, and do stuff solo, but now you have a back up in case people fk with you. It takes awy from the RP a bit, but this game is not about RP as much as it is about finding cheap ways to hamstring ur opponents.

1 hour ago, Rosalina said:

Join a company and thatll make it easier. Still do ur crazy pirate stuff, and do stuff solo, but now you have a back up in case people fk with you. It takes awy from the RP a bit, but this game is not about RP as much as it is about finding cheap ways to hamstring ur opponents.

I have allies, quite a few of them and quite a few people who would help me allied or not it seems. It doesn't make any differance, it is far, far too easy to penetrate land defenses for the outlay in time and resources building them compared to  knocking them down, and very little skill.

I mentioned this when they performed the staggeringly dumb double nerf to stone, increasing it's costs and crippling it's defensive capabilities. Especially when I don't recall anybody complaining about stone being too hard to pentrate in the first place.