Sign in to follow this  
vaylain

Skill questions and concerns...(some seem to be NOT working)

1. Concerning the Survivalism skill "Hand Harvesting Yield" enhances my returns from foraging with my bare hands as the skill specifically states but does this also increase harvesting rates while using hand-held tools?
  2. Concerning the Archery skill: "Strong Arm" is this skill working correctly? I have tried both with 0 points invested and with the maximum points into the highest tier and my archery shots still seem to produce the same damage results. Does anyone know if this skill is working or not? If it is, why isn't it enhancing my bow shots?
  3. Concerning the Medicine skill tree, where do we find the ingredients to craft a Medkit? I have not been successful in using this particular tree at all. There is no information about this skill tree at all and the ingredients required to craft a medkit seem to remain a mystery to everyone that I have spoken with.
  4. Concerning the Beastmastery skill: "Stealth" is this skill working correctly? I have tried both with 0 points invested and with the maximum points into the highest tier and predators seem to agro me exactly the same (From the same line of sight distance). Does anyone know if this skill is working or not? If it is, then what is the point if predators agro you from the same distance?
  5. Concerning the Music and Dance tree. The skill descriptions and lack of information about this entire skill line make this tree a complete mystery. I am not sure what the added benefits are. I see things such as: "Effective Radius", "Error Tolerance", and "Buff Duration" but there are no descriptions about what kinds of buffs there are available that these skills will modify. Is there a list available somewhere to show us what all the possible buffs, their effects, and their intended usages are? I am assuming that this skill tree is intended to provide magical buffs similar to traditional bards from many other MMO's.

• (Suggestion for Grapeshot) Concerning shields, could you consider adding a skill for reducing the shield's weight? The shields are extremely too heavy. You have to consider that your gear, weapons, and armor will increase your total weight, rendering shields too heavy to be viable.
  • (Suggestion for Grapeshot) Concerning Brass knuckles, since hand to hand combat uses both fists in rapid succession, the durability drops extremely too fast during just one brawl. Additionally, their damage output is not really on par with the other weapon types to even be considered as a viable combat option. Could you consider increasing the brass knuckle's durability and increasing their damage some more?
  • (Suggestion for Grapeshot) There does not seem to be any skill to increase character movement speed. Do you have plans or will you consider implementing a skill to increase character movement speed by chance? Maybe it could fall under the Survivalism tree or Music and Dance tree as a Bard-Song-Effect?
Edited by vaylain
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, vaylain said:

• (Suggestion for Grapeshot) Concerning shields, could you consider adding a skill for reducing the shield's weight? The shields are extremely too heavy. You have to consider that your gear, weapons, and armor will increase your total weight, rendering shields too heavy to be viable.
  • (Suggestion for Grapeshot) There does not seem to be any skill to increase character movement speed. Do you have plans or will you consider implementing a skill to increase character movement speed by chance? Maybe it could fall under the Survivalism tree or Music and Dance tree as a Bard-Song-Effect?

Some decent questions and suggestions here.  As far as shields go though, they should be heavy and unwieldy.  I found a basic blueprint for a wooden shield that is pretty close to as good as a metal one, with much less weight.  I was disappointed when the weight for plate was fixed and made heavy, but I like the realism that it brought.  I really have to consider what armor I am carrying when adventuring instead of just overloading myself with everything.

I like the idea of a movement buff.  We kind of get that if you wear plate and take the articulation skills.  

42 minutes ago, corpse said:

I like the idea of a movement buff.  We kind of get that if you wear plate and take the articulation skills.  

The "Armor Articulation" skill does not actually increase your character movement speed, it just negates part of the movement penalty that is experienced while donning armor.

It may be realistic for shields to be heavy but in this kind of game we need to be able to grind materials and combat encounters may arise unexpectantly, so the heavy shields will become useless. The current meta never has anyone using shields as a result. This makes the entire skill-line featuring shields wasted and that is truly sad. So, I suggest a happy balance of some sort.

Edited by vaylain

1 hour ago, vaylain said:
  1. Concerning the Survivalism skill "Hand Harvesting Yield" enhances my returns from foraging with my bare hands as the skill specifically states but does this also increase harvesting rates while using hand-held tools?
  2. Concerning the Archery skill: "Strong Arm" is this skill working correctly? I have tried both with 0 points invested and with the maximum points into the highest tier and my archery shots still seem to produce the same damage results. Does anyone know if this skill is working or not? If it is, why isn't it enhancing my bow shots?
  3. Concerning the Medicine skill tree, where do we find the ingredients to craft a Medkit? I have not been successful in using this particular tree at all. There is no information about this skill tree at all and the ingredients required to craft a medkit seem to remain a mystery to everyone that I have spoken with.
  4. Concerning the Beastmastery skill: "Stealth" is this skill working correctly? I have tried both with 0 points invested and with the maximum points into the highest tier and predators seem to agro me exactly the same (From the same line of sight distance). Does anyone know if this skill is working or not? If it is, then what is the point if predators agro you from the same distance?
  5. Concerning the Music and Dance tree. The skill descriptions and lack of information about this entire skill line make this tree a complete mystery. I am not sure what the added benefits are. I see things such as: "Effective Radius", "Error Tolerance", and "Buff Duration" but there are no descriptions about what kinds of buffs there are available that these skills will modify. Is there a list available somewhere to show us what all the possible buffs, their effects, and their intended usages are? I am assuming that this skill tree is intended to provide magical buffs similar to traditional bards from many other MMO's.

• (Suggestion for Grapeshot) Concerning Brass knuckles, since hand to hand combat uses both fists in rapid succession, the durability drops extremely too fast during just one brawl. Additionally, their damage output is not really on par with the other weapon types to even be considered as a viable combat option. Could you consider increasing the brass knuckle's durability and increasing their damage some more?

1. It does seem to affect hand held tools atm, not sure if that is actually intended but it is nice.

2. Doesn't seem to be enough to be worth it I have noticed a slight difference in damage.  The amount caps at I think 30% in the buff menu but if you look at each skill it sounds like you are getting a 60% buff.

3. Chamomile, Turmeric, and a few others are used for the kit.  Can be find in temperate/tropics.  The skill is nice for caves and higher levels as the kits heal a percentage of health over time and don't use the entire durability of the kit in one use.  Downside kits have a spoil timer so only craft what you need at any given time.

4. Stealth does work but it is more useful for the actual taming process(lower chance of the creature getting pissed and trying to kill you while feeding it).

5. Definitely needs to be built out, so far this one seems to be worthless to invest in unless there is something I'm unaware of in PvP.

As for character movement as someone already said it's just negating the debuff from armor.  Wear some plate with and without the buff the difference is insanely noticeable. 

Shields, not wrong super useless in all aspects save taming.  Shields can be super useful when feeding tames if they continue nerfing tame traps.

5 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

Thank you very much for the feedback.

• The stealth skill reads as if it was to lower an animals' ability to notice you but I have NOT seen any differences. I sure hope Grapeshot looks into this skill otherwise it is a waste.
  • I will have to try out Tumeric as I have a lot of that in my area. I never knew it would satisfy the medkit requirement, appreciated.

@vaylain

Aloe, Poppy, Turmeric, and Chamomile all count as medicinal herbs and can be used for medkits.  Keep in mind there are 3 total options, 1 allows you to heal someone, 1 allows you to give them a stamina buff, and the other allows you to heal in an AoE(Savior Feat). 

2 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

@vaylain

Aloe, Poppy, Turmeric, and Chamomile all count as medicinal herbs and can be used for medkits.  Keep in mind there are 3 total options, 1 allows you to heal someone, 1 allows you to give them a stamina buff, and the other allows you to heal in an AoE(Savior Feat). 

Holy crap, that is awesome! Thank you very much for that great information. I can't wait to try this out tonight. I sure wish there was more information about the medkits somewhere as no one seems to know anything about them on my server.

Edited by vaylain

1 hour ago, vaylain said:

Holy crap, that is awesome! Thank you very much for that great information. I can't wait to try this out tonight. I sure wish there was more information about the medkits somewhere as no one seems to know anything about them on my server.

reason no one post about medkits is because its only useful for healing others, if your off playing solo it has absolutley no help to you and is just wasted points

1 minute ago, sacreddingo said:

reason no one post about medkits is because its only useful for healing others, if your off playing solo it has absolutley no help to you and is just wasted points

Oh man, that is a major disappointment. OK, thanks for that info you just saved me a respec.

11 hours ago, vaylain said:

Thank you very much for the feedback.

• The stealth skill reads as if it was to lower an animals' ability to notice you but I have NOT seen any differences. I sure hope Grapeshot looks into this skill otherwise it is a waste.
  • I will have to try out Tumeric as I have a lot of that in my area. I never knew it would satisfy the medkit requirement, appreciated.

stealth defintely works, a huge amount actually.  You have to CROUCH or CRAWL for it to be in effect and there is no HUD notification or anything to tell you its working.  I used max out stealth when I went for my fountain of youth run.  Failed an insane number of times thanks to fire elemental agro from ultra far away.  Spec'd max into sneaking and was able to walk by em waaaaaay closer than before and never agro'd.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mndfreeze said:

stealth defintely works, a huge amount actually.  You have to CROUCH or CRAWL for it to be in effect and there is no HUD notification or anything to tell you its working.  I used max out stealth when I went for my fountain of youth run.  Failed an insane number of times thanks to fire elemental agro from ultra far away.  Spec'd max into sneaking and was able to walk by em waaaaaay closer than before and never agro'd.

this is awesome news. Would be nice if they explained that more clearly.