Sign in to follow this  
Torch

Please end foliage growth through foundations.

Is there a way to end this annoying problem of foliage growth respawning through building foundations. If you put down a foundation the growth under the foundation should cease. Any growth touched by the foundation should cease so structures can be built in growth areas and then be usable without bamboo or trees having to be cut down every time you want to leave or come in your structure.

• Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Torch said:

Is there a way to end this annoying problem of foliage growth respawning through building foundations. If you put down a foundation the growth under the foundation should cease. Any growth touched by the foundation should cease so structures can be built in growth areas and then be usable without bamboo or trees having to be cut down every time you want to leave or come in your structure.

I wanted to build a base halfway up one of the tall rock spires common in tropic areas where there was a large ledge. I had to build 5 foundations high in order to get abovevthe point of having non cleanable foliage blowing around inside the structures. This is needlessly cumbersome. If the devs don’t want us to build in these areas they could make them no build. If it’s okay to build then why are there annoying graphical foliage distractions that I can’t get rid of?

2 hours ago, Torch said:

Is there a way to end this annoying problem of foliage growth respawning through building foundations. 

I am personally indifferent to this until it reaches the point that I can't see out my window because of the bush growing through the floor (of which, I have no such problem.)

HOWEVER, in the grand scope of all the things that need to be fixed with this game, would you mind terribly if we put such visual aesthetics to the bottom of the list?  I'd personally be most happy with grass growing through my floor if I could like log in and not crash 2-3 times, if our bear didn't get stuck when loading on a boat, if I didn't freeze and lock up and log back in to find the penguin I just tamed was eaten by a shark... etc.

They did turn off resource spawn near foundations.  The problem is that resources then pretty much don't respawn because of pillar spam etc. and how far it turns off spawn suppression.  they need to tighten up the radius before they turn it back on or pretty much the whole game becomes a barren wasteland.

The engine does all or nothing, so foundations on metal would kill the spawn.

You could kill and grief an entire island that way.

I have to complain about the same thing, although I have a tree that grows right in the middle of my house....I put a campfire next to it and now I always have wood for it. 🙂

4 hours ago, Atlantian said:

The engine does all or nothing, so foundations on metal would kill the spawn.

You could kill and grief an entire island that way.

Technically you can do that right now by building an enclosed structure on top of resource nodes. 

When everyone freaked out after resource spawn blocking was enabled on lawless I don't get why the devs didn't just reduce the block range instead of turning it back off completely. Perhaps there is some technical reason for it but in Ark you could set the spawn block range pretty low without issue.  

11 hours ago, Torch said:

Yeah that kind of stuff is a rookie mistake. Getting pretty tired of them making this kind of mistakes 

On 2/1/2019 at 6:05 PM, Greyleaf said:

I have to complain about the same thing, although I have a tree that grows right in the middle of my house....I put a campfire next to it and now I always have wood for it. 🙂

This is called making lemonade out of lemons. Nice.

Same here. I have 2 trees in my base entrance, 1 tree inside my defense tower, and 2 trees growing in front of my animal paddock entrance. And yeah. Alot of rocks somewhere under my foundations.

But. I deal with it.

I mean, they once disabled all resources growing around the building area and we miss most of our forest, rocks, brushes around. And we live in Tundra - we just had to go to another part of island. And guys from tropical/desert areas wrote that they have whole islands with NO RESOURCES at all due to foundation spam. And they even didn't have a chance to sail to neighbor island in the area because situation was the same there.

So. IMAO - I'll better cut down the tress and rocks growing thru my floors and store resources than see less resources around : )

I don't understand how they can't set resources to not spawn directly under a foundation. I feel they definitely should also put exclusion zones around certain resources like metal nodes, crystal, gems to keep people from blocking and building over them. Trees are fairly abundant as are rocks so this is not necessarily as big of an issue unless people block certain types of trees like saps which are not always plentiful on every island. some islands also have things like hives and sap plants which give tons with a bear but are not necessarily as abundant. Fiber is less abundant in Tundra and to a degree desert but plentiful on all the equatorial zones I have been to. I have also seen coal in mass on a few islands but only a few nodes on others. So it may be a bit of work to exactly figure out what resources in what areas should have an exclusion zone (even after gathered) to prevent this. They could easily add a marker when you hold H which shows a colored circle around the resources which you can't build near so you can figure out if it will affect your planned base layout.

No!. One of the best thing in this game is that people cant build away spawns. Move your house if it bothers you.

Psure this just happens in lawless. I have the opposite problem. I built a nice treehouse outpost next to some trees that actually did kinda look like an extension of those trees. Then a server update happened and despawned those trees. Now my outpost looks kinda awkward and stands out.

I'd be really happy with something in between consistent for both types of zones, where resources/spawns only get cancelled by building directly on top of them.

Hello!

This problem is not solved yet. At least not fully, because there are places where resource blocking doesn't work. We have 3 trees growing in our base although the base is built on a claimed island. Can I at least get a GM to contact with to check the spawn?

Here are some photos:

https://imgur.com/a/hwg4W7z

treesinthabase1.gif

Edited by NoReason

And compared to Atlas’s many more pressing problems, it still belongs on the back burner, sorry. This is a minor annoyance at most, not to say it shouldn’t ever get fixed, it just isn’t a pressing issue.

I enjoy being able to pick potatoes inside my house. I also don't want to see a return of large areas of blight caused by structures

On 2/1/2019 at 5:21 PM, boomervoncannon said:

I wanted to build a base halfway up one of the tall rock spires common in tropic areas where there was a large ledge. I had to build 5 foundations high in order to get abovevthe point of having non cleanable foliage blowing around inside the structures. This is needlessly cumbersome. If the devs don’t want us to build in these areas they could make them no build. If it’s okay to build then why are there annoying graphical foliage distractions that I can’t get rid of?

you know where they already adressed that issue?? in satisfactory, wich was released at a later date than ATLAS couldnt help but to remember it with a sarcastic grin on my face, if only coffe stain studios would develop a survival game, oh boi i would be happy

Edited by The D Legacy
  • Like 1