Sign in to follow this  
Adfax

Less is More.

53 minutes ago, Notorious said:

This is what I think needs looked at and not the spawn rates. I'm glad the person above got to ride their pony and go visit their neighbours. But at least have some type of danger, not 30 or 40 attacking you but just a bit more of a scare would be nice.

Well there ya go.  Now I see why you don't think this is fun.  Have you even left your little island?  Tell you what. Take your little teddy bear, load them up on a ship and go to the 1 or 15 range of islands and see how many yeti they can beat up on at once.

There's plenty of 'danger' in this game and I'm quite happy to go looking for it.  I don't need it staring at me the instant I walk out my door.

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Well there ya go.  Now I see why you don't think this is fun.  Have you even left your little island?  Tell you what. Take your little teddy bear, load them up on a ship and go to the 1 or 15 range of islands and see how many yeti they can beat up on at once.

There's plenty of 'danger' in this game and I'm quite happy to go looking for it.  I don't need it staring at me the instant I walk out my door.

I'm lvl 54.........o.0      drops the mic

Nothing about chores. I just want to have a challenge when I play, youre trying to put words in my mouth to salvage what you can from this post. The majority of people that responded to this post are opposed to your subject.

4 hours ago, Adfax said:

1. Vitamins

Why oh why of all things would you make food and water a more complex system? It is almost like you needed a reason to have the cooking tree in the game. Once again, I find myself time and time again telling the devs to STOP crowbarring things in the game that it doesn't need for the sake of appearing more expansive, and/or innovative. This should be as simple as eat food, and drink water.. But no. For some reason, they had to make what was already a bothersome chore even worse. Stop it. It essentially boils down to an annoying little side minigame you have to constantly manage. It isn't fun, it is just annoying. Keep it simple; food and water is enough. If you want to keep cooking, fine, just put some interesting buffs on the food you can make.

I agree that this system is a bit off, but I actually kind of like it!  One of the biggest dangers at sea back then was scurvy or other food related ailments.  It needs some fine tuning, if not some sort of overhaul, but it makes us think.  When my small group heads out for another island that we have not been to before, we need to consider what sort of food to bring along.  Our home island is heavy with the yellow vit, but low on orange.  Meat and fish or milk are pretty easy to come by.  My problem with milk is that while it gives a health boost, it fills you to sick levels before the blue bar goes up much.  If you are not thirsty, milk can be painful!

2 minutes ago, Notorious said:

I'm lvl 54.........o.0      drops the mic

I'm lvl 52..........0.o.     throws his hat on the floor and starts demanding the hat entertain him.

13 minutes ago, Bad News Bear said:

Nothing about chores. I just want to have a challenge when I play, youre trying to put words in my mouth to salvage what you can from this post. The majority of people that responded to this post are opposed to your subject.

The game is as challenging as you want it to be. It has PVP. 

You want more chores, chores are not challenging, they're boring. 

And guess what? You don't speak for the majority. You don't know what they're thinking. Also, responses don't equate to what the majority think you utter potato head. All you're trying to do is salvage that pathetic attempt of an argument. Oh, and glancing down the thread, more people are in agreement with the majority of what I said. .So even there you've failed.

Chores are not hardcore, hardcore is hardcore. 

Please l2p before actually even arguing with me.

If the devs listen to morons like this, we'll basically be playing a dish washing simulator all day. Wooowww, So hardcore!

Edited by Adfax

Not sure  where I wrote asking for entertainment. I simply don't understand why a bear dont attack me or why wolves and elephants now run away from me........

Just now, Notorious said:

Not sure  where I wrote asking for entertainment. I simply don't understand why a bear dont attack me or why wolves and elephants now run away from me........

Ok, now we're at the core of the problem.  Good, something to discuss.

The AI has always done that.  I suspect that it's based on the amount of hp of the animal and not the hp%.  AI have always allowed you to hit them up to a point and then attempt to run away, heal up and come back at you.  With the nerf, this may need adjusting as the wolf hp is a lot lower than it used to be and may be jumping straight into the 'run away' tactic.  As for elephants, I only had them on my island for a few weeks and they never had a problem kicking my ass when I pissed them off.  Since the nerf, I haven't seen one.

Look, I'm not opposed to what an old D&D DM called his 'fuck factor' whereby characters would randomly get their ass kicked as result of one person doing something stupid.  A little excitement in the game gets the adrenaline going and that's a good thing.  Too much of this and you have what I experienced when I went looking for claims, 30 deaths in 40 minutes with 3 crocs sitting on my raft camping my bed until they destroyed it.

I have stated this multiple times, there is a fine line between challenge and bullshit. You can add to that, a fine line between easy and challenge.  Everyone's idea of where easy, challenge and bullshit are on that line is different.

I want to make sure that the complaints about it being too easy now doesn't result in a reverse of the knee-jerk nerf that happened to wolves.  If given a choice between the easy we have now and the bullshit we had before, I'll always take the easy because then I can go out and find or create things to challenge me.  Not being able to get out of my house is bullshit.

Like an example last night, i shot an elephant in the ass with an arrow did 55 damage and it booked it. Just kept on running. Now from what I understand it does run but comes back....But nope it just left. So I punched it in the ass and now it will attack me. It almost feels like my arrow did to much damage and scared it. That elephant should destroy me. 

The wolf did get the nerf so maybe it does need looked at cause it just seems silly that a person in this chat said he beat one to death with a spy glass. Seems off.

And now the bear, does nothing....should be like Ark where if you get to close it will attack.

Got picked up by a lion, it just held me.....didn't even bite me lol something is off.

Trust me I'm not asking to get one shot by an animal or logging in to 20 wolf's and snakes looking at me. I just feel the animals are no longer a threat.

I Think making the game harder is a good thing in the long run. Maybe just keep a slightly more weaker version of PvE in while they juggle everything else they are working on and once its is a "smooth gameplay", then up the PvE gameplay to tough mode again.  I do not want to see a EZ mode game 🙂 but, with all the EA troubles piled onto other troubles it causes the PvE aspect to seem ten times harder than it actually is, unless you storm beaches in groups of 10+, maybe.

To eliminate many of the things? Na, they are wacky when you first start out but, can be managed through stats/skills when level up a bit, players have to be willing to drop points into places other than Pvp advantage is all . 😛  IMO of course.

Edited by Liatni

Do have a question though... Has there been an actual use of the throwing knives, discovered? They seem kinda pointless to me. lol

Edited by Liatni

4 minutes ago, Liatni said:

Do have a question though... Has there been an actual use of the throwing knives, discovered? They seem kinda pointless to me. lol

Throwing knives are very nice.  Same damage roughly as a pistol but faster to reload since you just grab another knife.  Can also be used as a melee weapon.

The game needs more variety not less. It is already pretty simplistic. There is only 2 sizes of cannons, 1 type of pistol,1 type of rifle, 1 type of shotgun, 5 types of boats, 3 types of building tiers. I wouldn't exactly call that a game with a lot of depth. 

With regards to the Vitamins its probably actually one of this game's better features. It now gives players an incentive via a strong buff to keep themselves alive rather then jump off a cliff when low on food.