Sign in to follow this  
Case of the Scurvy

Taming, why not "machinery" instead?

Now im not talking electric or gas powered but mechanical machines that are buildable at higher levels to help harvest. I just dont feel like taming fits the genre here. This is a game about sailing but in reality sailing is nothing more than a way to travel and there is no real focus on it. 

So in stead of taming an elephant for wood why not add some contraption that you attach to an animal like the bull or something to harvest wood and other resources alike. Why not give the ability to create a mine and add npcs to work them for pay of course that slowly gathers metal/rocks over time...? Employees if you will. 

I dunno im just throwing things out there because truthfully i feel like im playing ark again but i just wanna sail but really have no reason to atm.

Edited by Case of the Scurvy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

this is a very good thread , sailing is as u say just that a way to get from A to B with what ever goods you are transporting , very littel in the way of many reasons to go sailing 

devs imo need to add , AI pirate ships , AI merchant ships , AI merchants convoys , random sea monsters , not just whales ,giant sea snakes , maybe even random mystery islands that pop up like atlantis then sinks back after x amount of time , etc give us a reason other than sotd to arm our ships , give us more reason to spend time at sea exploring 

if that means as OP has said allowing us to build mines on rock spawns for ai to mine while we are sailing then isn't that better than having us spend our time on land farming ,maybe we set ai to build our next ship while we are out sailing as long as we have gold to pay them they build it over x amount of time ,maybe based on average time for solo player to build one..

so far i have to agree tames for farming = ark  pirates didnt farm , didnt mine they went hunting for treasure and other adventures

Edited by UDO

Shansa : The trident is Jack's only hope. The dead are conquering the sea, unable to step on dry land. Maybe you should retire to the countryside.

Captain Hector Barbossa : You mean grass, on a farm? Milking a cow, making cheese? While they sink me treasure?

Shansa : Ask yourself this, Captain: Is this treasure worth dying for?

Captain Hector Barbossa : I'm a pirate. Always will be! So how do I save what be mine?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you read the latest captains log, it sounds pretty clearly like some of this stuff is otw, albeit not until March. @Udo I really like the ideas of more creature encounters at sea, and I especially like the idea of appearing and vanishing islands. I think those could be amazing if done right.

• Like 1

Just now, boomervoncannon said:

If you read the latest captains log, it sounds pretty clearly like some of this stuff is otw, albeit not until March. @Udo I really like the ideas of more creature encounters at sea, and I especially like the idea of appearing and vanishing islands. I think those could be amazing if done right.

now that would be an adventure! 😄

3 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Mythical locations to hunt down would be cool 

3 hours ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

Now im not talking electric or gas powered but mechanical machines that are buildable at higher levels to help harvest. I just dont feel like taming fits the genre here. This is a game about sailing but in reality sailing is nothing more than a way to travel and there is no real focus on it. 

So in stead of taming an elephant for wood why not add some contraption that you attach to an animal like the bull or something to harvest wood and other resources alike. Why not give the ability to create a mine and add npcs to work them for pay of course that slowly gathers metal/rocks over time...? Employees if you will. 

I dunno im just throwing things out there because truthfully i feel like im playing ark again but i just wanna sail but really have no reason to atm.

I really like this. 

• Like 1