Sign in to follow this  
Bootstrap

My Feedback After Two Weeks of Play

After two weeks of pretty steady play as a casual player, I wanted to provide feedback on my game play experience thus far.  I know everyone has a different style of play and time to commit.  These are just my opinions after two weeks.

1.  Aging in the game is a great concept, but current aging mechanics are to accelerated.

2.  Speaking of aging, the concept of having a Fountain of Youth (FOY) is great.  And, having obstacles or challenges in place to make it a little more difficult to reach the FOY are great, but the current obstacles are way to numerous and way to powerful.  In my opinion, these obstacles don't encourage groups to ban together to eliminate them in order to reach the FOY, they simply encourage naked suicide runs so that you don't lose any of your gear.

3.  The absence of "land claim" limits encourages companies to grab as much land as they can, sometimes whole islands, leaving very little room for individual or smaller companies to claim land.

4.  Wild animals that attack are not scaled for their level.  A level 1 cobra can kill my character in just a few strikes, the same as a level 100+ cobra.

5.  The presence of wild animals that attack are way to frequent and way to numerous.  I do like the concept of wild animals that occassionally attack, that's real life, right?!  But not as frequently, in as many numbers, and as overpowered as there is currently.

6.  No effective, if any, process currently setup to deal with major griefers in the game.  I've only experienced what I would consider mid-level griefing on the PVE servers with an individual raft/buoy/ship blocking some of our areas; however, I have been reading the multitude of forum posts discussing what some Chinese companies have been doing to cause major grief on the PVE servers.  As far as I can see, there has been no resolution by the game developers on these issues.

7.  Day/night cycle occurs way to fast.  I would slow it down.

8.  Weather effects cycle way to fast.  And are so erratic.  They don't have to be totally realistic; however, when you are freezing to death in a heat wave, something isn't right.

These are just a few of the issues that I have with the game as it is currently coded.  I simply want to give the developers my casual player impressions of the game after a couple of weeks gameplay.  That being said, I am thoroughly enjoying the game overall.  I am anxious to see how the developers react to the positive and negative feedback that they have received thus far, and especially anxious to see how they handle all the griefers on the PVE servers.  The style of griefing that is occurring presently has all but killed other PVE games before.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bootstrap said:

After two weeks of pretty steady play as a casual player, I wanted to provide feedback on my game play experience thus far.  I know everyone has a different style of play and time to commit.  These are just my opinions after two weeks.

1.  Aging in the game is a great concept, but current aging mechanics are to accelerated.

2.  Speaking of aging, the concept of having a Fountain of Youth (FOY) is great.  And, having obstacles or challenges in place to make it a little more difficult to reach the FOY are great, but the current obstacles are way to numerous and way to powerful.  In my opinion, these obstacles don't encourage groups to ban together to eliminate them in order to reach the FOY, they simply encourage naked suicide runs so that you don't lose any of your gear.

3.  The absence of "land claim" limits encourages companies to grab as much land as they can, sometimes whole islands, leaving very little room for individual or smaller companies to claim land.

4.  Wild animals that attack are not scaled for their level.  A level 1 cobra can kill my character in just a few strikes, the same as a level 100+ cobra.

5.  The presence of wild animals that attack are way to frequent and way to numerous.  I do like the concept of wild animals that occassionally attack, that's real life, right?!  But not as frequently, in as many numbers, and as overpowered as there is currently.

6.  No effective, if any, process currently setup to deal with major griefers in the game.  I've only experienced what I would consider mid-level griefing on the PVE servers with an individual raft/buoy/ship blocking some of our areas; however, I have been reading the multitude of forum posts discussing what some Chinese companies have been doing to cause major grief on the PVE servers.  As far as I can see, there has been no resolution by the game developers on these issues.

7.  Day/night cycle occurs way to fast.  I would slow it down.

8.  Weather effects cycle way to fast.  And are so erratic.  They don't have to be totally realistic; however, when you are freezing to death in a heat wave, something isn't right.

These are just a few of the issues that I have with the game as it is currently coded.  I simply want to give the developers my casual player impressions of the game after a couple of weeks gameplay.  That being said, I am thoroughly enjoying the game overall.  I am anxious to see how the developers react to the positive and negative feedback that they have received thus far, and especially anxious to see how they handle all the griefers on the PVE servers.  The style of griefing that is occurring presently has all but killed other PVE games before.

Aging isn't a great concept. Not the way it is manifested in a game anyway. 

A bump map, and a debuff. We don't need it. Let us pick what our pirates look like. Don't force us to either be too old, or too young.. And please god.. Don't send us on quests for some obscure fountain in some terribly balanced island whilst holding our character's to ransom 

Edited by Tina Toothpick
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tina Toothpick said:

Aging isn't a great concept. Not the way it is manifested in a game anyway. 

A bump map, and a debuff. We don't need it. Let us pick what our pirates look like. Don't force us to either be too old, or too young.. And please god.. Don't send us on quests for some obscure fountain in some terribly balanced island whilst holding our character's to ransom 

Aging is a wonderful concept imo. But it was implemented horribly and you age way too fast especially since the way to stop it is so messed up. But to each their own.