Sign in to follow this  
Skyroguen

There seems to be some confusion about Solo Play.

21 minutes ago, UDO said:

u dont understand the current claim system u need the additional flags surrounding your main base so that u dont get overlaps covering your base effectivly giving ownership to other players , 

that is the main reason i have more than i need as a smaller comapny , 

there are selfish players that just claim out of greed , but the majority are just protecting resources and their own bases 

of course if they ever fix it so that claims cannot overlap then that will solve this problem. personally i think they should have predivided up each island into defined sectors and you claim the sector with a flag. each sector should have been no bigger than the current systems flag area. or smaller if it included rare or powerful resources.

• Like 1

Solo players should stop complaining about playing a mmorpg. If you want a solo pirate game there are multiple out there. FFS your ilk already ruined the mmorpg genre and caused it to die, now you come for the faux mmos.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, IsilithTehroth said:

Solo players should stop complaining about playing a mmorpg. If you want a solo pirate game there are multiple out there. FFS your ilk already ruined the mmorpg genre and caused it to die, now you come for the faux mmos.

and again you just don't get it. also we were having a discussion, not complaining. we are also offering solutions and willing to listen to both sides of the argument. your comments are simple trollish.

• Sad 1

Just now, Skyroguen said:

and again you just don't get it. also we were having a discussion, not complaining. we are also offering solutions and willing to listen to both sides of the argument. your comments are simple trollish.

They are only trollish because you don't agree with them. Give no quarter for those that don't want to interact with others in a mmorpg.

Just now, IsilithTehroth said:

They are only trollish because you don't agree with them. Give no quarter for those that don't want to interact with others in a mmorpg.

omg where does it say solo players dont interact ? i have a lot of allys we do things together we trade , we sail together , we talk ,and it is possible to do harder content with allys , u really are ignorant in what solo players / smaller companys actually do during their time in game 

where does it say

SOLO = IGNORANT AND UNSOCIABLE?????

7 minutes ago, IsilithTehroth said:

I will repeat. Solo players do want to interact with others, they simply want to achieve their objectives on their own. If solo players did not want to interact in any way then they would play single player offline. It is not that I don't agree with you. Your statement that solo players should just go somewhere else and blaming the design changes in other games on solo players is trollish and you are right I don't agree with that. 

As for complaints, we have that right, because solo play is a big part of every MMO. we all start out alone.

Edited by Skyroguen
  • Like 1

Ignore the trolls complaining about smaller groups and solos. This game has a lot of solos and that’s totally okay. Some of the trolls don’t even own or play this game. And to be “realistic” you really should play a game before your opinion matters.

😉 

14 hours ago, Hambo said:

The basic issue for the solo player, even on PvE is the artificial level cap placed on players... You cannot even get XP at a Freeport once you hit Level 8 and there is no place to go so you can level further.

Even if they created a higher level "Freeport" area with higher level ships you can gather materials to buy but also has higher level animals to deal with where NOBODY can place a claim then everyone would have an equal fooring to continue to level up.

One can have a ramshackle sloop and be on the water in 8 minutes. Spending time inside the freeport is wasted time for sure.

5 hours ago, IsilithTehroth said:

Actually it was WoW that ruined the mmorpg market, hell one of thier devs even commented on that  very thing. This solo vs group thing has been going on a very long time and devs have learned they need to cater to both sides or they lose revenue. Interaction with other players in these does not equal forced grouping, nor does it mean that all content will be available to solo (the folk that just want to play the game but don't care about the raid content).

Personally I play both ways pending on how i feel I want to play. Generally I like playing in a small tight company here but am not ad versed to joining others to do harder content, sailing around and meeting ppl ect.  Trying to force devs into forced grouping because you believe its the only way mmo's should be played would be silly on thier part and they know it.

mmo= massive multi player not forced grouping.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shanks Black said:

No one cares about pve. It's basically a glorified private server.

Nobody cares about PVP it a Toxic cheating mess.

5 hours ago, IsilithTehroth said:

What aload of shit that is !!  Solo player dont want to follow like little Sheep because they are smart enough to play alone.

11 hours ago, UDO said:

u dont understand the current claim system u need the additional flags surrounding your main base so that u dont get overlaps covering your base effectivly giving ownership to other players , 

that is the main reason i have more than i need as a smaller comapny , 

there are selfish players that just claim out of greed , but the majority are just protecting resources and their own bases 

Sadly this is true, i claimed a tiny piece of shallow water/rocks away from the island, and a week later some1 claimed a land flag nearby and turned it into a sea flag, which claimed a much larger area and broke my bed spawns, so u do have to claim around ur 1st claim unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Vadearlst said:

Sadly this is true, i claimed a tiny piece of shallow water/rocks away from the island, and a week later some1 claimed a land flag nearby and turned it into a sea flag, which claimed a much larger area and broke my bed spawns, so u do have to claim around ur 1st claim unfortunately.

Who knows maybe you were sent by some large company to prepare an invasion?

You can't trust absolutely anyone in atlas and that's what most of it's problems are coming from really. I remember talking to some guy asking if we (just two of us on a basic schooner with no cannons or anything) could pick discoveries on their server. They  had all kinds of defences and lots of ships and the man asked us to leave because "guys are getting nervous because of your ship". At least they didn't try to sink us on sight like most people do.

16 hours ago, sand man said:

What aload of shit that is !!  Solo player dont want to follow like little Sheep because they are smart enough to play alone.

Oh. I thought it was conditioning from their real life counterpart carrying over to the virtual one.