Sign in to follow this  
Skyroguen

There seems to be some confusion about Solo Play.

5 minutes ago, James Sulivan said:

The irony.

You know that there are people who play pve and ask for protections? Do you say irony and are you crying in a forum, then what are you crying?😪

5 hours ago, Skyroguen said:

The big problem is there isn't enough land. They have made Land a far too rare and precious resource. the need to expand the map or open more servers to accommodate the population.

I highly doubt they will be opening new servers, they are no where near capacity on any of the servers.  Their goal was to have 40k players on a single cluster.  If steam charts are anything to go by, they have less than 30k across all servers official and unofficial.  The claim system could be revisited , but based on their last Captains log it seems they're looking at incentivizing making claimed land neutral rather than reducing the claim per person/company.

3 minutes ago, duque said:

You know that there are people who play pve and ask for protections? Do you say irony and are you crying in a forum, then what are you crying?😪

I say "irony" because you are making me laugh, dude. A PvE player saying he doesn't want "protections", that's a funny one.

I am a solo player.  I joined a company that shared the Island with me out of mutual benefit and convenience.  I live on the other side of the world as they and there is a benefit to having players logged in when you are offline.  We share skills and materials and at some rare times play together.  Great bunch of people.  But I play solo 95% of the time.  I found a way and it works beautifully. 

Sometimes I need to wait a day or two before I cross paths with the right company mate who has the skills trained I need and vice versa.

With any game, you need to find your fight or situation that matches your play style.   I would call my arrangement "enhanced solo"

PS:

Any mature and high ethics players in the States want to try the EU PvE hit me up.  Ill help you get off to a good start.

Based on the first post- what you are looking for sounds alot like getting a private server. MMO's are not solo games.

• Confused 2

31 minutes ago, DOA said:

MMO's are not solo

*recalling the history of MMO games since early 90th*

Nope. You're terribly wrong.

• Like 1

Regardless what you think, want to play solo as defined: private server is and will be the solution.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, James Sulivan said:

What people like me have issues with when it comes to the solo players is not their actual playstyle but when they come here complaining that the game should be changed to cater to their playstyle (asking for extra protections just because they are solo) because they often are at a logical disavantage when hostile groups cross their way.

You assume that this game is only geared for large companies but Grapeshot's own omission states how they had intended for all gameplay modes, large, small companies, and solo players to have a role within Atlas. Jatheish, a Grapeshot Administrator, recently posted that they have plans to modify the game mechanics and system to include all aspects of gameplay modes to better accommodate small companies and solo players:

We recognize that the game has a lot of fun mechanics and gameplay that players enjoy, especially when you can live out your dreams of being a pirate. However, the feedback we often receive is that it’s too tailored to large companies, alpha groups, and hardcore players. 

A large number of you have expressed that you are unable to make enough progress to reach this stage of the game, due to our hardcore design. Our thinking going forward, with the community’s help and feedback, we plan to make the game less punishing and reduce the steep climb required for players to reach the parts of the game which make it special. This means we’re going to be changing core systems to ensure that those who do not have as much time to invest or play in small groups or as solo players are still able to experience the highs seas of ATLAS. 

For those of you in large companies, worry not, as you are still a fundamental part of our design and key to the game’s vision. We believe there are changes we can make which will make the game more immediately accessible for everyone and overall more enjoyable, without detracting from the heights that large and dedicated groups of players can achieve. All players will be able to experience the best parts of this humongous shared persistent world, whether you’re a solo player, a small group, a large company, or a multi-company alliance.

Some of our design changes will revolve around:

• Allowing players to experience the ‘piracy’ side of the game immediately, whilst not trivializing the content.
  • Making sure that solo players and smaller groups feel safer when logging off, or that after they’ve taken a break they can come back and know that it won’t be such a difficult feat to get out on the seas again.
  • Incentivize companies to neutralize their territories, inviting others to make use of their land so that both can benefit.
  • More MMO aspects: player markets, player-specified automatic trade routes, additional quests, and daily missions

and we'll be continuing as always with:

• Continuous focus on bug/exploit squashing, stability, and performance.
  • Relevant QOL and Content additions to meet game and community needs

We plan to have our first real serious round of adjustments with this philosophical change in mind around March (as we’re already well into preparing the February content update so that’ll proceed with some changes), and this will continue relentlessly going forward.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Skyroguen said:

Many people seem to have confused Solo Play with Isolationist Play.

Solo Players want to:

1. Plant their own flag.

2. Build their own base of operations.

3. Build their own ships.

4. Sail their own ships.

5. negotiate their own contracts.

6. Make their own trades.

7. Fight their own fights.

They are not looking to avoid interaction with others. They just want to do it on their own and share those accomplishments with their friends.

An Isolationist player doesn't want to interact with another player in any way and is content to play single player.

Well said, im fighting for an offline mode for a more relaxing solo playthough and to fight against AI and not Toxic players { not all }

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DOA said:

Based on the first post- what you are looking for sounds alot like getting a private server. MMO's are not solo games.

WTH are you talking about? MMO simply means that there will be a lot of players online at the same time, in the same world, and running around doing different things. This may be interacting with one another in PVP combat, grouping, chatting, or just running around as a solo player. This is all part of an MMO.

I spent more than 15 years playing EverQuest as a solo Druid and solo Necromancer and another 10 years playing World of Warcraft playing solo toons. Even though many of us choose to try an MMO as a solo player, we will often time still play in groups when free time allows or the need arises. Some players play solo for the fun and challenge, some due to time constraints or erratic time restrictions.

I have three kids and there were many times I soloed simply because it was easier for me to go AFK without affecting my group members, whenever I had to deal with one of my kids for random reasons. On the weekends, when I had more time to invest, I would often times play in groups. Most MMO's absolutely do not exclude solo players and Atlas has stated that they intend to adjust the game mechanics and system a little to accommodate all kinds of play preferences and this includes us solo players too.

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, vaylain said:

WTH are you talking about? MMO simply means that there will be a lot of players online at the same time in the same world running around doing different things. This may be interacting with one another or running around as solo is all part of the game.

I spent more than 15 years playing EverQuest as a solo Druid and solo Necromancer and another 10 years playing World of Warcraft playing solo toons. Even though many of us choose to try an MMO as a solo player, we will often time still play in groups when free time allows or the need arises. Some players play solo for the fun and challenge, some due to time constraints or erratic time restrictions.

I have three kids and there were many times I soloed simply because it was easier for me to go AFK without affecting my group members, whenever I had to deal with one of my kids for random reasons. On the weekends, when I had more time to invest, I would often times play in groups. Most MMO's absolutely do not exclude solo players and Atlas has stated that they intend to adjust the game mechanics and system a little to accommodate all kinds of play preferences and this includes us solo players too.

Ark is an MMO but many play solo my good man, and it has Single player option.

Edited by sand man
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, sand man said:

Ark is an MMO but many play solo my good man, and it has Single player option.

I have played ARK for years, in both tribes and solo. I enjoy both ARK and ATLAS the most whenever I am struggling as a solo player. I certainly know that ARK is solo viable. It is all in how people want to play.

You might have read my message incorrectly though as I was informing poster DOA, that most of the successful MMO's include solo play modes, mechanics, and content.

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 1

I don't care whether or not I can plant my own flag and have my own land, but I would like to have a place I can park my ship for more than 5 hours without starting over from zero...

• Like 2

The basic issue for the solo player, even on PvE is the artificial level cap placed on players... You cannot even get XP at a Freeport once you hit Level 8 and there is no place to go so you can level further.

Even if they created a higher level "Freeport" area with higher level ships you can gather materials to buy but also has higher level animals to deal with where NOBODY can place a claim then everyone would have an equal fooring to continue to level up.

13 hours ago, Skyroguen said:

Solo Players want to:

1. Plant their own flag.

4. Sail their own ships.

They are not looking to avoid interaction with others. They just want to do it on their own and share those accomplishments with their friends.

An Isolationist player doesn't want to interact with another player in any way and is content to play single player.

You don't need number 1. to do the numbers 2-7

Thank you come again.

7 hours ago, duque said:

I am a solitary player, I have 5 flags placed on the ground, I made a galleon in 4/5 days, I play pve, I have all the boats that let the game, I can do 90% of the content of the game perfectly, I do not want protections, no nonsense rat kids who want everything for yesterday, if you stop saying nonsense that atlas is not for lonely players, if you want slaves do not count on me, pay the game and if I want to play solo game and point

No one cares about pve. It's basically a glorified private server.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Skyroguen said:

Solo Players want to:

1. Plant their own flag.

4. Sail their own ships.

I just can’t believe anyone would pay a tax. No way that is ever happening. 

Probably the worst idea they have ever had. I really pity anyone that pays tax in a game 

12 hours ago, Fefu said:

If they do this, I hope they will have a fix for the overlap bug and not before.

haven't you heard. this isn't a bug, it's a feature.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DOA said:

Correction, MMO's are not Single Player games. You have confused Solo players with Single Players.

Solo players do not want to be isolated from Multiplayer society. They just want to accomplish their goals on their own.

9 hours ago, DOA said:

Regardless what you think, want to play solo as defined: private server is and will be the solution.

your not getting the point. Your just trying to convince solo players to just go away. not going to happen.

9 hours ago, sand man said:

Well said, im fighting for an offline mode for a more relaxing solo playthough and to fight against AI and not Toxic players { not all }

You have my support in this. I too would enjoy an offline environment. But I also do not want to be excluded from the Multiplayer Environment.

4 hours ago, Shanks Black said:

You don't need number 1. to do the numbers 2-7

Thank you come again.

Notice that I said "Want" not "Need"

4 hours ago, Shanks Black said:

No one cares about pve. It's basically a glorified private server.

the number of responses in regard to Solo play prove your statement wrong.

Solo on PvE is easily possible, that much i know o.o U can even build ur own Galleon and sail it solo easily, but the galleon isn't even good imo, can't turn at all which makes it pretty useless for most tasks other than transporting/gathering. Brigantine is the best ship by far imo. Pets make this game do-able for solo players because they can gather 100k of each resource pretty fast, u just need game knowledge and experience i guess, like there's a place a few regions away from me where i can collect 200k thatch with the bear in like 30 mins to an hour solo.

11 minutes ago, Vadearlst said:

Solo on PvE is easily possible, that much i know o.o U can even build ur own Galleon and sail it solo easily, but the galleon isn't even good imo, can't turn at all which makes it pretty useless for most tasks other than transporting/gathering. Brigantine is the best ship by far imo. Pets make this game do-able for solo players because they can gather 100k of each resource pretty fast, u just need game knowledge and experience i guess, like there's a place a few regions away from me where i can collect 200k thatch with the bear in like 30 mins to an hour solo.

I have just completed my galleon. aside from the abismal p;latform item limit it will make a nice mobile base.

However I agree with you. the Brig is the best all around ship. just the right size.

Small groups don’t need more than 1 claim imo. 5- 10 players can easily play on a single claim. I don’t know why people want whole islands. The game has so many mechanics in place to encourage cooperation with other groups. People just don’t use it often. Everyone complained about the trailer saying the game isn’t like that. In reality it’s nothing like that because no 5-10 companies are gonna get together on PVEor PVP and make the town the trailer was showing. I set my claim to neutral with allow aeveryone to build and people were too afraid to be in my claim. 

Id really like smaller groups to work together more. Tie that in with the protection of a mega faction and PvP servers get a lot safer for the little guy. 

Just my opinion. A lot of the toxicity is the players. Everyone thinks claiming vast areas and whole islands with a 4 man group is a good idea. I just think they deserve to get raided for being greedy. 

19 minutes ago, Polar Express said:

Small groups don’t need more than 1 claim imo. 5- 10 players can easily play on a single claim. I don’t know why people want whole islands. The game has so many mechanics in place to encourage cooperation with other groups. People just don’t use it often. Everyone complained about the trailer saying the game isn’t like that. In reality it’s nothing like that because no 5-10 companies are gonna get together on PVEor PVP and make the town the trailer was showing. I set my claim to neutral with allow aeveryone to build and people were too afraid to be in my claim. 

Id really like smaller groups to work together more. Tie that in with the protection of a mega faction and PvP servers get a lot safer for the little guy. 

Just my opinion. A lot of the toxicity is the players. Everyone thinks claiming vast areas and whole islands with a 4 man group is a good idea. I just think they deserve to get raided for being greedy. 

u dont understand the current claim system u need the additional flags surrounding your main base so that u dont get overlaps covering your base effectivly giving ownership to other players , 

that is the main reason i have more than i need as a smaller comapny , 

there are selfish players that just claim out of greed , but the majority are just protecting resources and their own bases 

• Thanks 1