Sign in to follow this  
Gumpnstein

Statement from Dev's

This line:  "A large number of you have expressed that you are unable to make enough progress to reach this stage of the game, due to our hardcore design"

In what reality do you people exist to think you have a hardcore design.  It's an insult to the word design.  

Like you people realize that people have played games here since the 1970's right, some, through the 80's, 90's and almost 20 years through the 00's.  You are talking to people who were playing Mario Bros in 1984 and in that timeline there exists this thing you released....and you think players struggle because you have a design that is "hardcore".  The arrogance and complete delusion of reality of your situation,  and the disconnect between you and your playerbase is astonishing.   

I really do think that if you plan to make a career out of creating video games, that you guys take a huge step back and re-examine how you are viewed as game developers and why.  Because that statement is delusional.  

Like how did you manage to place blame on the players in a statement to said players for your own failures. Not ours. 

Edited by Gumpnstein
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Great way to avoid doing any self-reflection or changing, blaming the players for the developers' failure. These devs love to grief the players in-game, so I'm not surprised they have this attitude out of game.

Judging from the large amount of solo players complaining this game is way too hard for them. Maybe is that what they mean with hardcore? I agree with them, you would too if you were on the forums longer. 

• Like 2

LOL hardcore design.  Wow talk about masturbatory fantasies.

Some of us raided old-school eq.  We pvp'ed in UO before Trammel, we beta tested shadowbane, darkfall, etc.

This game?  Doesn't even come close.  It's a sophomoric mess.  The reasons why people don't advance are due to shit bugs and even worse shit design.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Nox said:

LOL hardcore design.  Wow talk about masturbatory fantasies.

Some of us raided old-school eq.  We pvp'ed in UO before Trammel, we beta tested shadowbane, darkfall, etc.

This game?  Doesn't even come close.  It's a sophomoric mess.  The reasons why people don't advance are due to shit bugs and even worse shit design.

I’m pretty sure he’s talking about solo players. For them this game is very hard, if we must believe the dozens of them that have complained about this game in the past. 

Oh.  Well, I have played this game solo - it's possible but it is about 10x harder and you're constantly being set back.

Lol I love it.. internet at its best

players complain because it's to hard to play the game solo even tho it was never really designed for solo play.

Devs say hey guys ok we are going to try and work towards making it possible for solo players to play..

The very same people complain that the Devs are trying to make the game world for them hahahaha

Edited by Caldrin

I wouldn't call soloing hard.  More like tedious and not fun after you lose progress X number of times.  Just comes down to who has excessive amounts of free time or gets lucky in their neighbors.

Frankly the main "difficulty" in the game is due to losing progress while you are offline or due to bugs/glitches/exploits, not to things that happen while you are actually playing and that you can "get gud" about.  Can't say I've seen a single soloer complain about getting killed from actual pvp combat (obviously not counting pre nerf naked fire arrow spam) or losing their ship in an ocean battle lol.

Which sucks.  PvE gets stagnant and boring, but PvP is full batshit retarded.  Always been baffled by people that defend zero rules anarchy as great gameplay and hardcore pvp action.  That's like playing an FPS where your character is still standing where you left them when you log out for other players to shoot and collect kills off of and than bragging about your kill/death ratio. 

Ideally some sort of combination of the PvP and PvE rules or zones would be best and than just ditch the separate pvp and pve servers.

Edited by Kyorin
  • Like 2

it depends a lot on what you're doing solo.  When I was playing solo I had a lot of caches around, stole other people's stuff, salvaged a lot of stuff and stashed it...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nox said:

it depends a lot on what you're doing solo.  When I was playing solo I had a lot of caches around, stole other people's stuff, salvaged a lot of stuff and stashed it...

So you got a lot of stashes... is it even fun?

Yeah, actually I did have fun.  The only reason I eventually started a company was to help other people succeed - I was doing ok on my own.  Then again, I'm very laid back and don't make enemies without cause.

The difficulty would be fine if there was an amazing guild system in the game with equally great recruiting and retention tools.

One if the main reasons I think this game is unplayable solo is the skills. Always have to respec just to try n advance in anything. Decide to build a new ship. Guess I gotta drop my taming tree so I can build a ship. Damn now I can't even ride my tames to get the resources I'm short. Guess I need to respec again hope I gained a level so I can. Ow damn I'm max level right now so can't respec till i explore More. And how can I without a ship......

They also Need to work on the optimizing of the game more then the new content so people without high end computers can try and enjoy the game. I spend more time trying to get in the game then I do playing. 

What kind if hardware is the game optimized for RIGHT NOW  compared to what the game says the minimal is when purchasing?

• Like 1

That's why I think you can't really solo until about level 45ish.

even then,  you can't go deep into things

I did actually manage to do pretty well around 45 solo,and my build was a generalist build.

small ships but also medium speed sail at first, no skill in guns (too expensive), basic artillery to afford swivels and later cannon.

stone construction is mandatory

i highly, highly recommend maxing out swim speed and swim air endurance as well as water temp tolerance - salvage diving is really a boon.

captaincy just for the ship resource container, larder

don't gather anything - salvage it, or steal it.  stick and move.  be cool and don't make enemies that you can't handle on your own and you can make it.