Sign in to follow this  
Xenosaga

Map Editor, Island Resources, Correlation to Sub-Levels

So I have been doing a rather tedious task since last night off and on occasionally testing out each island and flying over them on my dedicated server hosted off my computer about 30 islands at a time and I have started to notice a pattern with the island ending extensions (of their name) and their sub-levels in regards to resources. Wanted to share what I have with people so far and see what everyone thought. Typical the resources share are wood, thatch, fiber, stone, flint, and metal, with some variations between the coal - gems categories. (although some of this may be incomplete as I'm not trying to spend 30 minutes searching every nook and cranny of each island.. even at my current rate I'm still looking at a good 24+ hours of flying around reloading editor and swapping out islands.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FJ3hQpw43iLfjBLIwoZSAarv5nbqEqrh5dp-jjsv_nA/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xenosaga said:

So I have been doing a rather tedious task since last night off and on occasionally testing out each island and flying over them on my dedicated server hosted off my computer about 30 islands at a time and I have started to notice a pattern with the island ending extensions (of their name) and their sub-levels in regards to resources. Wanted to share what I have with people so far and see what everyone thought. Typical the resources share are wood, thatch, fiber, stone, flint, and metal, with some variations between the coal - gems categories. (although some of this may be incomplete as I'm not trying to spend 30 minutes searching every nook and cranny of each island.. even at my current rate I'm still looking at a good 24+ hours of flying around reloading editor and swapping out islands.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FJ3hQpw43iLfjBLIwoZSAarv5nbqEqrh5dp-jjsv_nA/edit?usp=sharing

Very nice work we are doing this also, if you ever want to compare with what we get vs our zone settings:

RESOURCES MAP

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Starbuck said:

Very nice work we are doing this also, if you ever want to compare with what we get vs our zone settings:

RESOURCES MAP

Will do thanks, really nice to have something to compare to and verify to see if I missed resources and such as some of these resources like saps (the wax plants in particular) can be extremely difficult to find even when looking specifically for them kind of tends to be a oh I just stumbled upon it thing. 

Does finally feel like I am making some progress found some weirdness though like I found mineral oil on a WR island but the resource is listed as Sugarcane(Sugarcane) which I thought kind of funny since I was looking at a rock of oil. 

Edited by Xenosaga

So an update, I have found everything except for Seaweed, Peat, Obsidian, Amethyst, Garnet and rock salt. I have done around 70 islands now and found some resources that weren't on the wiki like Ironwood and Limes. I honestly think the ones missing are not even in the game. As I have found that most of the resources do line up with the ending extension of the island name. Ex. Cl ending islands have irridum ET islands having Softwood, Darkwood, Hemp, Bamboo, Straw and pure silver nodes... 

11 hours ago, Xenosaga said:

So an update, I have found everything except for Seaweed, Peat, Obsidian, Amethyst, Garnet and rock salt. I have done around 70 islands now and found some resources that weren't on the wiki like Ironwood and Limes. I honestly think the ones missing are not even in the game. As I have found that most of the resources do line up with the ending extension of the island name. Ex. Cl ending islands have irridum ET islands having Softwood, Darkwood, Hemp, Bamboo, Straw and pure silver nodes... 

We've found green olives somewhere also.

@Xenosaga

We are on the island  Mnt_N_WF:

- Wetwood

Rushes

- Straw

- Granite, Slate

- Radiolarite

- Iron (pure)

- Anthracite

- Rabbit, Cow, Seagull, Lion, Pig, Horse, Sheep,

- Schisandra, Chamomile, Carrot, Pepper

There might be more resources, but thats what I know by heart

• Thanks 1

we documented the stuff required to make the items with the 6x type of metal ect (P) means its passive metal ones with just a metal are nodes we skimped out a little on the dinos but there mostly there

color legend at the bottom

Edited by erall0

we left out pve islands I believe I think there are a few at the bottom that are not documented they have been finished ill link the complete one soon

5 hours ago, ZakMc said:

@Xenosaga

We are on the island  Mnt_N_WF:

- Wetwood

Rushes

- Straw

- Granite, Slate

- Radiolarite

- Iron (pure)

- Anthracite

- Rabbit, Cow, Seagull, Lion, Pig, Horse, Sheep,

- Schisandra, Chamomile, Carrot, Pepper

There might be more resources, but thats what I know by heart

Thanks! One less island to do brings the list to 154/242 done 🙂 Hopefully I'll finish the rest tonight I've been doing them like 25+ at a time. 

2 minutes ago, erall0 said:

we left out pve islands I believe I think there are a few at the bottom that are not documented they have been finished ill link the complete one soon

You will likely want to go over your _WF Islands Again, I will be revisiting some of them as the one of the _WF Islands I found had marble but it was very difficult to find, it looks exactly like all the other rocks and there are not many of them. So if you just glance at a few you might now even see it.

Edited by Xenosaga

true I believe the boys have updated the list more ill get a newer copy for u all

Hey I just wanted to let everyone know I have been a bit lazy on the remaining island but there is only 23 more left to go for the completion of the list. Afterwards I humbly ask the community to please give any feedback at all, leave a comment on islands that are missing resources you found and I will double check them again. I am not perfect and some of the resources are extremely difficult to spot. But after doing 150+ islands myself I know more or less specifically what I am looking for depending on the extension of the island I am on. 

I know there are still some resources missing from the list but I have found them to no avail, so I assume that they are not implemented into the game yet or are so hidden and obscure that it makes it nearly impossible to find. If you find one of these resources PLEASE PLEASE let me know as I am eager to create one of the most complete documents regarding the resources and creatures of the islands. I made this doc specifically to make it easier on server owners to incorporate islands that would give their communities the best experience so they could get the resources they need to work and craft their way to the end game content. 

Current Resources missing 

Still Missing:
Fibers: Seaweed
Coal: Peat
Flint: Obsidian
Crystal: Amethyst
Gem: Garnet
Salt: Rock Salt

On 2/2/2019 at 10:01 PM, Xenosaga said:

Hey I just wanted to let everyone know I have been a bit lazy on the remaining island but there is only 23 more left to go for the completion of the list. Afterwards I humbly ask the community to please give any feedback at all, leave a comment on islands that are missing resources you found and I will double check them again. I am not perfect and some of the resources are extremely difficult to spot. But after doing 150+ islands myself I know more or less specifically what I am looking for depending on the extension of the island I am on. 

I know there are still some resources missing from the list but I have found them to no avail, so I assume that they are not implemented into the game yet or are so hidden and obscure that it makes it nearly impossible to find. If you find one of these resources PLEASE PLEASE let me know as I am eager to create one of the most complete documents regarding the resources and creatures of the islands. I made this doc specifically to make it easier on server owners to incorporate islands that would give their communities the best experience so they could get the resources they need to work and craft their way to the end game content. 

Current Resources missing 

Still Missing:
Fibers: Seaweed
Coal: Peat
Flint: Obsidian
Crystal: Amethyst
Gem: Garnet
Salt: Rock Salt

Some of those resources are beneath the sea, for example the seaweed will be at the bottom of the sea mixed with some corals.

Cheers,

I haven't updated this in a good while, Peat is found digging in the snow (have not found a pure node of it) Obsidian was located as was Amethyst.

Garnet has yet to be seen and rock salt is still missing but those two can be acquired from vendors. However I have not found seaweed at the bottom of the ocean I have only found Jute. 

I did not see Ironwood on any list?When i was looking awhile back for myself,i think Ironwood was on a polar or Tundra map.

Seaweed is of course sea bottom,not sure if was same map as Bamboo but i think was a temperate zone map.

As for Garnet,a few resources give 2 different gems,like Emerald was paired with something,maybe was garnet i can't remember.I don't even know the trigger,just randomly hit the same gem then all of a sudden instead of Emerald i was getting a different gem.

Emerald and Opals, they are on the _WF islands emeralds are more elongated crystals and the opals are rounder and flatter. I haven't found any seaweed at the bottom still -shrug- always just jute. Bamboo is like the sugarcane stalk type trees comes with darkwood on the _ET islands silk may also be found there on some of the islands from the same type of tree.. Ironwood is on the list its like the 2nd to last island only one island has it Mnt_Y_CP_D