Sign in to follow this  
Sevas

Incentivize not dieing!

Just a thought how about a progressive 1-10% buff if you stay alive for X period of time so that not killing yourself has a benefit. 🙂

Edited by Sevas
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Sevas said:

Just a thought how about a progressive 1-10% buff if you stay alive for X period of time so that not killing yourself has a benefit. 🙂

Yeah its called Equilibrium Buff, you get it after keeping your Vitamins for 30 min on the same Lvl.

+20% meele dmg

20+ Fortitude

10% Weight

Not Sure if its correct but some like this .

2 hours ago, Jorm said:

Yeah its called Equilibrium Buff, you get it after keeping your Vitamins for 30 min on the same Lvl.

+20% meele dmg

20+ Fortitude

10% Weight

Not Sure if its correct but some like this .

Its +30 Fort... and it really isnt worth it for most of the higher level players.

Honestly it is REALLY hard to convince any of my company mates to not just kill themselves instead of eating.   Even with the meal buffs from higher level cooked meals.  

54 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Its +30 Fort... and it really isnt worth it for most of the higher level players.

Honestly it is REALLY hard to convince any of my company mates to not just kill themselves instead of eating.   Even with the meal buffs from higher level cooked meals.  

Because it doesn't work as it should.  Vitamins go down but food doesn't so, you end up with vitamins that kill you but still unable to eat without dying anyway. Right now, the whole vitamin concept is just a pain in the ass.  It's more efficient to just kill yourself than to try to keep all of that in balance.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Because it doesn't work as it should.  Vitamins go down but food doesn't so, you end up with vitamins that kill you but still unable to eat without dying anyway. Right now, the whole vitamin concept is just a pain in the ass.  It's more efficient to just kill yourself than to try to keep all of that in balance.

I don't disagree that it's more efficient to kill yourself rather than balancing them but I've found that usually with the improved vitamin buff and at least 30 fortitude, you get hunger / vitamins to drop at relatively the same amount(if you are active).  But that is primarily due to health / stamina regen causing increased hunger.  I usually make it a few days before I finally get tired of shit being so far out of whack due to the advanced recipes being still somewhat broken(vitamin arrows are a damn lie).

I don't really understand them as the arrows point up and down (as well as give no indication of how much they give)

14 hours ago, Sevas said:

Nah people would just quit if they couldn’t keep killing themselves. This won’t stop.

cant give a penalty either because then even more people would quit.

11 hours ago, Hodo said:

Why would you try to convince them not to kill themselves? 

The mechanics basically tell you to do it.

3 hours ago, Senkoau said:

I don't really understand them as the arrows point up and down (as well as give no indication of how much they give)

The food that has arrows pointing both ways makes you go to exactly 50 on the vitamin bar, aka 'perfect vitamin level'.  And tries to keep you there for as long as the food buff for it is active.  It's actually really powerful for keeping the equilibrium buff.

If they penalize death I'm leaving. Some areas of the map kill you constantly. Then there's food, water, weather, animals, combat.... no, just no!

I hate survival games. The only reason I'm playing Atlas is because they softened the blow by allowing us to suicide our way thru the survival mechanics.

Edited by Stabby

19 hours ago, Sevas said:

There is already enough incentive not to die, there really is no point in making this change.

2 hours ago, Stabby said:

If they penalize death I'm leaving. Some areas of the map kill you constantly. Then there's food, water, weather, animals, combat.... no, just no!

I hate survival games. The only reason I'm playing Atlas is because they softened the blow by allowing us to suicide our way thru the survival mechanics.

Its literally labeled a survival game. Why would  you even buy it if you hate survival games.

Removal of all buffs and 10 percent reduction to stamina weight and health  for 15 or 10 mins stacks 3 times if you die with in the time limit  oh non pvp death only 

He must like pain

Edited by IAmAnEasterEgg