Sign in to follow this  
EvilNecroid

something other then tames?

im kinda burned out on ark and using a bear to harvest and carry things just makes this feel too much like ark.

can we get maybe some wheelbarrows or hand held carts? maybe get our crew members to help harvest things?

• Like 3

The entire tame redux concept in Atlas is just a mess. Horses etc is fine, a horse could drag a cargo wagon etc. But no, you pretty much need the entire set to be good. Bear, Rhino, Elephant and what not.

How many people do you see riding a horse? Ye...

If you don't like using tames to harvest, then don't?  They're there for people who do enjoy that aspect. Half the time, I don't bother pulling the tames out of the barn, because most things aren't a big enough difference to be worth the time and risk. Its not like ark, where unless you were on a rex, you'd be food in minutes, or unless you had a flyer, resources would take forever to get to. The difference between an elephant and an axe is nowhere near what the difference between a high level mammoth and an axe was.

Horses, etc could definitely use more utility, though. Hitchable wagons, or even basic harvesting implements. Most islands aren't really big enough that the extra speed makes or breaks using them. Same place as ostriches.

I'd like to see the tames have more utility, better harvesting rates, etc, as well as crew being able to be set to harvest. Anything to help the grind, and keep you building, or sailing, and exploring more.

6 hours ago, MeatSammich said:

If you don't like using tames to harvest, then don't?  They're there for people who do enjoy that aspect. Half the time, I don't bother pulling the tames out of the barn, because most things aren't a big enough difference to be worth the time and risk. Its not like ark, where unless you were on a rex, you'd be food in minutes, or unless you had a flyer, resources would take forever to get to. The difference between an elephant and an axe is nowhere near what the difference between a high level mammoth and an axe was.

Horses, etc could definitely use more utility, though. Hitchable wagons, or even basic harvesting implements. Most islands aren't really big enough that the extra speed makes or breaks using them. Same place as ostriches.

I'd like to see the tames have more utility, better harvesting rates, etc, as well as crew being able to be set to harvest. Anything to help the grind, and keep you building, or sailing, and exploring more.

i live on an island where there is little to no fiber and living without a bear is a nightmare!

i dont like that the game forced me to get a bear when i didnt want tames

Yep, it sucks that tames are now the optimal way to play the game.

And when you don't want to play that way, and play a different way, what happens? You feel like you are wasting your time, and so play something else.

(I know, I know, no one forces you to play a certain way. But the design of the game sets the "rules" as to what is the fastest, most efficient, most productive way to play the game.)

I got my first tame today, a bear, to do treasure hunting. I mostly play solo. So far I like it.

4 hours ago, EvilNecroid said:

i live on an island where there is little to no fiber and living without a bear is a nightmare!

i dont like that the game forced me to get a bear when i didnt want tames

The game didn't force you to get a bear and there are far more efficient ways of gathering vast quantities of fibre (read 250k like quantities) with little to no effort even when based in the tundra as I am

Fun thing is; when they nerfed the animals there were dozens of complaints because the animals were useless because of it. Now they’re back the way they were and now people start complaining again. For me it doesn’t matter, I was fine with walking back and forth; or with the tame, doesn’t matter to me. 

On 2/1/2019 at 5:05 PM, Badkebab said:

The game didn't force you to get a bear and there are far more efficient ways of gathering vast quantities of fibre (read 250k like quantities) with little to no effort even when based in the tundra as I am

250k fiber? how? where?

6 minutes ago, EvilNecroid said:

250k fiber? how? where?

Some Freeports like L12 you can burnout a sickle in mere minutes and walk away with 10-20K fiber. But still, a bear the same place would still yield 5-10 more in the same time frame.

People that are not harvesting with tames are essentially idiots and that´s a sad game mechanic. I am just happy our bank even with 5% tax makes us free of harvesting forever.

However are we close to, if not already there where fighting without tames is equally bad.

ARK 2.0, tame > human.

Edited by Shintai

On 2/1/2019 at 12:05 AM, Badkebab said:

250k? In the tundra? Little or no effort? What... are you able to access the magic tree and we aren't?

2 minutes ago, Shintai said:

Some Freeports...

Oh right, now I see.  A tundra zone that really isn't a tundra zone.  Got it.