Sign in to follow this  
Erian

question about building on other person's territory

I built a small base on someone else's territory and I'm now wondering: What happens if they decide at a later point that no-one is allowed to build there anymore? Will I keep my structure but can't add things to it or will my structures become theirs? I could not find this in the patch notes.

If they change permissions, it will gain a 7 day decay timer before your stuff can be demoed. If someone else claims the land, your stuff becomes theirs

That´s why you need to trust your landlord. On PvE the claim system offers a lot of downsides and no upsides for the renter.

Yeah they need to look at that really.. if the clan changes the build options then the owners of the buildings should instantly claim the land.. it would stop land owners being arses. 

33 minutes ago, Caldrin said:

Yeah they need to look at that really.. if the clan changes the build options then the owners of the buildings should instantly claim the land.. it would stop land owners being arses. 

So you just basically flipped an unfair situation on renters into an unfair situation for land owners. That's not a solution.

44 minutes ago, Fefu said:

So you just basically flipped an unfair situation on renters into an unfair situation for land owners. That's not a solution.

The landowner gets taxes. What unfair part is there for not flipping the flag controls?

You took control out of the land owner's hands. Basically anyone could come and foundation spam and the owner would not be able to do anything. Doesn't make sense and would only force land owners to not allow renters.

1 hour ago, Fefu said:

Kind of and kind of not.. I mean the land owners can chose to let people live there or not and can do single flags..

Maybe I was being a bit extreme but something has to be in place to stop the land owners shafting the tenant. Kind of like in real life there are laws in place in most countries that protect someone renting a property. They cant be kicked out without due notice and without a reason.. in the UK the law is very much on the side of the tenant. I guess other countries in the EU are similar.

@Caldrin I agree that a better solution is needed than the current status quo. Can't say that I have any brilliant ideas either.

Our Situation is opposite, we have given  land to some People,  we couldn't remove our flag cause of the overlapping (seaflags …)

… but we made a good arrangement and form a Island alliance.

Some changes in game makes them to leave the game, now we have the ruins at the land and can't do anything.

We would remove the structures so someone else can  find a place to build a base, shipyards etc. 

It's a little bit lonesome on our island

Sry, my english lessons are a long time ago, and my teacher gets grey hair 😄 if he could read my tries