Vegetto

Bear died after moving it on Schooner.

Yesterday I used option to move bear onto the schooner and it vanished. After 20 seconds a message popped up on my screen saying you bear has been killed.

Today same thing happened again this time a different schooner and my bear got killed after 20 seconds. Please fix these bug devs.

• Sad 1

Sometimes crew is also left in habour while sailing out. Ship still functions. but a shark can eat them while in the water.

I just have them follow me to the ship now, seems to work fine. They swim out and climb on. Then disable following once on.

Yeah think it's a known bug.. get a friend to port the bear to the ship while you are riding it.. seems to work all the time that way. 

I never had this problem, before they used to get stuck inside the ship but now they just disappear and die.

I have never done it like that. I have moved my bear maybe a hundred times on my ship right now but only through the follow option. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I have never done it like that. I have moved my bear maybe a hundred times on my ship right now but only through the follow option. 

I haven't done that before does that actually work completely?  I usually just use the move to to get them on the ship, but if the area has structures it tends to bug out and result in the tame being stuck in the walls of the ship or disappearing(what happened to OP). 

2 hours ago, Vegetto said:

I never had this problem, before they used to get stuck inside the ship but now they just disappear and die.

The probably 5th tiger that I tamed and moved onto a boat ended up disappearing, about an hour later we were notified that it was killed by a shark so something caused it to teleport somewhere in the water and I have no idea where, but it sounds like something similar happened to you.  We've worked around this by only using the move to option when the tame is near a part of the boat with little to no structures placed.  Although if it can get the tames on the boat I'd just do follow and have them get themselves on that way.

8 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

I haven't done that before does that actually work completely?

You need to watch out with tames without saddles, when you go onto the ship, they teleport to your ship just like NPC’s, but if they spawn quick, you spawn in them. Then you’re stuck, so when you have a tame without a saddle I get on the ship first and then whistle the tame. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

You need to watch out with tames without saddles, when you go onto the ship, they teleport to your ship just like NPC’s, but if they spawn quick, you spawn in them. Then you’re stuck, so when you have a tame without a saddle I get on the ship first and then whistle the tame. 

That's nice to hear.  I'll have to give that a go, I've torn panels off ships before to save tames from them getting stuck inside of things but if I can just whistle and have em work just like the NPC's I'm gonna just switch to doing that.  Thanks for the information.

5 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

That's nice to hear.  I'll have to give that a go, I've torn panels off ships before to save tames from them getting stuck inside of things but if I can just whistle and have em work just like the NPC's I'm gonna just switch to doing that.  Thanks for the information.

Watch out that you don’t go down levels when you have an elephant following you, that can give troubles xd 

4 hours ago, Buck Rider said:

I just have them follow me to the ship now, seems to work fine. They swim out and climb on. Then disable following once on.

This is what I do now too after loosing 3 tames, not going to risk using the move to ship radial menu option anymore.

49 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

I haven't done that before does that actually work completely?  I usually just use the move to to get them on the ship, but if the area has structures it tends to bug out and result in the tame being stuck in the walls of the ship or disappearing(what happened to OP). 

The probably 5th tiger that I tamed and moved onto a boat ended up disappearing, about an hour later we were notified that it was killed by a shark so something caused it to teleport somewhere in the water and I have no idea where, but it sounds like something similar happened to you.  We've worked around this by only using the move to option when the tame is near a part of the boat with little to no structures placed.  Although if it can get the tames on the boat I'd just do follow and have them get themselves on that way.

While trying to get on raft it would launch player high up in the air, I think that is what happening, the tames are getting launched way up in the sky and dying after falling. In your case, your tiger ended up in water but got killed by shark.

Alright, this is my take on this: Animals should not be placeable, at all, on ships - Unless they are small like a small monkey or a parrot. An Elephant on a Schooner? I expected to play a pirate game, not a reskin of ARK where animals/tames become the focus of the game.

1 minute ago, MajorAvatar said:

Alright, this is my take on this: Animals should not be placeable, at all, on ships - Unless they are small like a small monkey or a parrot. An Elephant on a Schooner? I expected to play a pirate game, not a reskin of ARK where animals/tames become the focus of the game.

That would be fine if you lived on an island that had every animal available. Unfortunately such an island doesn't exist. If there are no Elephants on my island, I have no choice but to travel to another, tame it, and bring it back.

1 minute ago, MagicPuncher said:

That would be fine if you lived on an island that had every animal available. Unfortunately such an island doesn't exist. If there are no Elephants on my island, I have no choice but to travel to another, tame it, and bring it back.

It is a pirate game, ever heard pirates like Blackbeard owning any tamed Lions or Elephants?  Animals should be island bound,  they should only be helpful with gathering some resources here and there... not full out rideable warmachines, I believe they already made such a game: ARK SURVIVAL.

It should be about Pirates on Boats not beastmasters on lions. That is what people signed up for, not for ARK SURVIVAL RESKIN with Boats to travel between islands... 

2 hours ago, MajorAvatar said:

It is a pirate game, ever heard pirates like Blackbeard owning any tamed Lions or Elephants?  Animals should be island bound,  they should only be helpful with gathering some resources here and there... not full out rideable warmachines, I believe they already made such a game: ARK SURVIVAL.

It should be about Pirates on Boats not beastmasters on lions. That is what people signed up for, not for ARK SURVIVAL RESKIN with Boats to travel between islands... 

No. Riding animals is a core pillar of the game's design. That was made very clear in both the trailer and the description before the game was released. If someone "signed up" for a mount-free game, then it's their own dumb fault for not doing their research. If you want a pirate game with no mounts, play Sea of Thieves.

We had the same issue..... Lost en elephant to a brig, and to a galleon, using the "move to" command.... Tame + their contents, poof... gone.
also tried to move a bear onto the galleon, only to watch it fly off into the distance :S ...

Created a bug rep, and a ticket, but yay for the devs, theres no response on those at all -,-

2 hours ago, Rita Longlegs said:

We had the same issue..... Lost en elephant to a brig, and to a galleon, using the "move to" command.... Tame + their contents, poof... gone.
also tried to move a bear onto the galleon, only to watch it fly off into the distance :S ...

Created a bug rep, and a ticket, but yay for the devs, theres no response on those at all -,-

Make them follow you insteas of teleporting them through the HUD

I also lost 2 elephants. 
He disappeared when put on a ship.
I looked around and searched by dive in the ocean, but I could not find it. 
When I was at a loss, poop was floating on the surface of the water.
Why are there only poo? 
When I looked up at the sky, the elephant was flying above the sky.
While thinking about what to do, I realized that my elephant disappeared after a while and he was dead 
because the number of domesticated animals displayed by pressing the i key was decreasing.

Also has happened to me twice.  Two wolves actually and I swear I seen the one go under water it looked like and then maybe drown.  Ugh!  Was my favorite one. Didn't actually know you could just have them follow!  Great tip because it's so much easier treasure hunting with a tame.