Howsya

Breeding

Good day fellow Pathfinders,

I was wondering if anyone has successfully managed to Breed and fully MATURE any creature. Our company (consisting of four people) have actively attempted to breed numerous Crows/Bears and have managed to get so far before they die off.

On each occasion they have been looked after until they are Juvenile, have gained its 1st Imprint and capable of eating from the food trough. However as is the case with all human beings the call for sleep takes us. Upon us coming back in to ATLAS for another day we find out that the Juvenile creature has died and when checking the Company Log it says for example "Juvenile Bear - Lvl 34 (Bear) starved to death!"

We have checked prior to logging off that the food troughs are completely stocked with Berries and Meat and that the five penguins are positioned to assist with keeping the creature at "optimal" temperatures as best as possible.

So far we have wasted the best part of four days trying the breeding and we are at our wits end.

Any feedback/tips or any successful breeding results people have had would be most appreciated.

I have been perfecting my bear breeding on NA PVE for about a week. I think have my system setup and now its time to go no sleep for 40 hours.  

80% of the deaths I have experienced have been the same bug/description.  They die about 1-2 hours after logging off, and always seem to die to Starvation. Meanwhile the troughs are full, and they have stocked inventories. The bear that died last night, which was only a test subject died 2 hours after I logged off.  Do Juveniles only eat from troughs if you are standing next to them, but will eat what is in there inventory when you are offline? 

Either-way - The breeding process is allot of BS, and will need to be tweaked. 

You are welcome to come visit our breeding barn on NA PVE. 

• Like 1

Same issue here, they always die in juvenile. We haven’t been able to get past that stage. Full food troughs, temp controlled but they still just die randomly.

I live in the Polar region and had wanted to start breeding. But the bears refuse to as its an undesirable Biome. 
Which leads to question, If bears dont breed in the polar regions, Whos bringing loads of them in and dropping them off each day? 

• Like 2

I have bread bears in 2 Biomes with no issue - Temperate and Tundra. You either need to light fires or wait for heat waves. (or be cooler in hotter Biomes.)  Saying there is no way to cool a baby bear - I would recommend nothing warmer than Temperate Zones. 

47 minutes ago, Humcitysav said:

Same issue here, they always die in juvenile. We haven’t been able to get past that stage. Full food troughs, temp controlled but they still just die randomly.

@Humcitysav - I have gotten a test baby to Adolescence.(After Juv) We killed it during a heat wave when we decided it was time to move from the Temperate Zone to something cooler. - By we killing it, heat wave on a boat.. RIP.  

Edited by Eta Hywkes

My main frustration with it is the amount of time for it. Once it hits juvenile it *should* feed itself, so my crew gets antsy after watching a baby animal for multiple hours, we’re excited to leave when you should be able to. Only to find they find they die very quickly if you are not there.

Once the child mechanic is released, it’s supposed to take 30 hours from what I saw, which I don’t think will be achievable for most players.

3 minutes ago, Humcitysav said:

@Eta Hywkes would definitely be interesting to see some successful breeding! Which zone are you in on NA pve?

Sent you a PM - with an image and location. I can not leave right now, I have babies. 

1 hour ago, Eta Hywkes said:

I have bread bears in 2 Biomes with no issue - Temperate and Tundra. You either need to light fires or wait for heat waves. (or be cooler in hotter Biomes.)  Saying there is no way to cool a baby bear - I would recommend nothing warmer than Temperate Zones. 

@Humcitysav - I have gotten a test baby to Adolescence.(After Juv) We killed it during a heat wave when we decided it was time to move from the Temperate Zone to something cooler. - By we killing it, heat wave on a boat.. RIP.  

We are currently in a Temperate Zone and all attempts to breed have been unsuccessful. What zone/climate did you successfully breed your bears in? And how long was you on for? I mean did you always have someone online or was there times when it was left "alone"?

No one has the time to breed.  The time to adolescence is so astronomically long.  Then it doesnt feed itself on the trough and dies anyway.  Breeding not worth it until they fix it.

Do game designers really think that domesticated creatures do not feed their offspring ? 🙄

Why on hell did they introduce such a mechanics...

• Like 2

im at 90% on 2 bears official eu pve. we use boat to travel out of server if heat wave comes, we are placed in n11, temp is diferent inland, furhter out from land the colder, we traveel back and forth from our island based on time of day

111.PNG

• Like 2

we have taken it in turns to look after and never left them unrendered as we have had problems with that before. i would not recommend breeding bears atm as we have had barely any sleep and had so meany close calls with heatwave take them to the next server and run into a storm.

Breeding/Imprinting, even when working correctly, are horrible systems.

Not only are they straight out of Ark, they promote unhealthy gameplay.

People should not be cancelling dates, skipping meals, or losing sleep trying to get a digital animal a little bit stronger. 

It is unethical to implement systems that require people to forgoe normal, healthy activity in their day. 

I'm at 90% on 2 bears official eu pve. we use a boat to travel out of server if heat wave comes, we are placed in n11, temp is different inland, further out from land the colder, we traveled back and forth from our island based on time of day.

and now done, proud owner of a 100 imprinted lvl42 bear custom colored green with yellow stripes. questions on how to up your chances to breed without deaths?

100bear.PNG

• Like 1

we have tried to breed bears on near tundra climate (the 12 regions) and they always manager to die either by heat wave or starving by being offline (similar to the above comments). Devs please fix this as this seriously takes away from the breeding process. Even though breeding isnt the primary focus of the game it is fun and this takes away from that experience. To date (especially with the bears) we havent been able to get anything fully matured, i think we managed adolescence but that's about it. I think the weather conditions should be less harsh inside a house especially with penguins around or if there is another tame that helps with temp regulation please let us know.