Sign in to follow this  
Lazro

This game isn't for Smaller companies

Yes i visit a lot of streamers and listen to a lot of players and seems when these wipes happen players leave in drones because it is too much work and effort to just lose everything.

The other problem was cheating,players don't enjoy the idea of spending hours/days/weeks only to lose to cheating.This is an area that SHOULD have been fixed by now knowing this is the exact same code/file use as previous Ark... Dark N light.

The idea of diplomacy if you look at the big picture is just bad.So imagine the entire server just bands together,then there is NO pvp at all.Then there are foreign players who do not speak English.The problem is the design favors size and that trumps over  EVERYTHING that is game play and fun/enjoyment.

The most frustrating thing is seeing this team moving forward on new content BEFORE making sure what exists is fixed.This leaves me to believe there are VERY few people working on bug fixes and imo SHOULD be the entire team working on fixes or at least every capable person.

I know how to at least spearhead the problem in a better light and that is to allow any and all building within Freeeports but speed up decay so that builds are gone within an hour or two.This way players can regroup quickly,build a new ship quickly and not worry about level 8 hinderance.

Also even mroe importantly,the issue does not bode well for NEW players trying to get started and understand the game.You can get level 8 within a day,a few hours,so these players only know about 5% of what they need to know before being FORCED into level 50+ pvp waters.Like how does this team actually feel that is viable to NEW accounts/players,well it is not.

So the end result is as  we are seeing,people leaving game in drones and nobody new is joining official servers.We will get some joining private servers but then that again shows people are not in agreement with official server settings.

On 1/31/2019 at 5:24 AM, Lazro said:

So far we've been wiped like 9 times now by massive companies and their allies. This game needs sorting so smaller companies can actually enjoy the game and not just keep farming and losing it over night. 

It just doesn't seem fair for companies that 250+ just to roll in with their allies and wipe an entire grid in hours. killing off some of the fan base because of this.

Many larger companies are offering to allow small tribes the option of rebuilding and remaining on the island while paying taxes. None of the nine massive companies offered these terms? 

Why would you want to pay taxes to someone who just destroyed and took your stuff? I would never just from a normal stand point. Bigger companies is whats killing and will kill this game. Once they emplode the game will be playable then and only then.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Roan said:

Why would you want to pay taxes to someone who just destroyed and took your stuff?

So you can live on the island you are whining about being forced off? 

It is a pvp game which always centers around valuable resources. Land is a valuable resource and if you cannot take and/or defend it, you have nothing to complain about as there were pve options on your login screen as well as the option to join or form a larger company to secure and hold land. 

Its simply no competition when you are crafting the first wooden spear while a fleet of galleons approaches your island.

I would like some love for small companies but the latest patch contains nada in that direction.

Fastest suicide of a game ever.

I just survive through dirty tricks that i have already learned in ARK, the fun in this is quite limited.

Edited by Talono

4 minutes ago, Talono said:

Its simply no competition when you are crafting the first wooden spear while a fleet of galleons approaches your island.

I would like some love for small companies but the latest patch contains nada in that direction.

Fastest suicide of a game ever.

Crafting a wooden spear takes place on a freeport within the first few minutes of playing the game so if a fleet of galleons were heading toward you, you were safe in the freeport. 

Edited by Itsme

On 2/1/2019 at 5:31 PM, LaiTash said:

I'm looking at the EU PvP population map right now.

Total number of players on grids with population of 100+ is 392.

662 players on grids with pop from 50 to 100

1421 on grids with pop ranging from 30 to 50

2448 are on grids with less than 30 players on them.

Even if we assume that top companies control all servers where population is greater than 30 (which is not the case), the total number of players there is still only 2475, far from being an overwhelming majority.

Lai,

Even with your numbers, they are still a majority. So we agree on the transaction, just haggling over the price.

I was using numbers in a sensible way, using metrics we know. We know companies were maxed out at 1000 players, and can assume at least 3 are still at max with 500, probably more, and that is a pretty safe assumption.

You are randomly looking at spot population per server grid in a game that is about spreading out and sailing over the sea. I am usually in at least 3 if not 4 or 5 grids per play session. My company is easily spread out over some 10-20, but I cant track that as they are moving targets. Usually fighting against other large companies spread out over several grids as well. I contend that any grid with more than 10 people on it is likely to have at least someone that is part of a big company in it. However, like you, I have no way to even say that's a good assumption because we just don't have any metrics to determine that.

-CS   

1 minute ago, Chucksteak said:

We know companies were maxed out at 1000 players, and can assume at least 3 are still at max with 500, probably more, and that is a pretty safe assumption.

You're forgetting that people don't play 24/7, some don't even play every day especially in large companies.

4 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

You're forgetting that people don't play 24/7, some don't even play every day especially in large companies.

Sure, but that doesn't change the ratio of players overall.

Hell the numbers leave the possibility open that at a specific time, there could be more smaller co. players online than bigger co. players, but it would not be the normal case. A co. with 500 players, is still 500 players with stake in the game.

We know there is a top 10 co. list. We know they had to reduce the size to 500 because to many 1000 man co's popped up quick. Therefore we know, as a fact, more people play the game in a larger company than a smaller one. I'm done on this thread as I will go in circles with anymore. I feel my point was made and affirmed. I hope you have a great day and enjoy the game. 😄

-CS

Honestly this seems to be more of a problem on NA than what I have noticed on EU PVP.  Due to my worktime I shifted from NA to EU, and honestly its been a far better experience. Joined a *smallish* company, but part of a relatively large alliance controlling quite a few grids.

Definitely get a small company feel while still being able to defend against the larger companies out there. Big difference in my experience between NA and EU is that it seems people on EU actually do the whole diplomacy aspect and don't expect to be able to raid anyone without retaliation. Even groups that have been wiped haven't exhibited much salt, they just restart somewhere else after a few "gg"'s in chat.

PVP : Yes, forget about it, its just for big groups, no way to do anything on pvp server with an team with less then 10 players.

PVE : Its hard, but you can play even alone.