Sign in to follow this  
Lazro

This game isn't for Smaller companies

45 minutes ago, ljbendele said:

The difference is, I dont log in daily asking the 300 people in said guild who took the wood i farmed the previous day. what I work for and earn is mine. when i accomplish something, there is real satisfaction to it. 

Ive lost many ships (brigs) and had my bases broken into numerous times to steal my rss. i have 2 accounts, 1 i joined to a larger guild so i could get more pvp. by far the most satisfaction has come from playing my solo account. 

as for my statement, its a quote from Benjamin Franklin. look it up before you call it false.

all im saying is stop telling people who this game is for, its for anyone willing to pay 30$

my best friend plays the game and his playstyle is to join the bigger guilds and play that way. ive watched him and his guilds get wiped multiple times and have to start over. i helped them rebuild by giving them some space on my claim. You can spout your broken theories all you want but from my experience playing the game there is nothing wrong playing solo

Clearly i wasnt talking about the Benny F. quote.

2 hours ago, ljbendele said:

if you join a zerg for protection , your just thier farming bitch, thier warriors will keep you warm at night because your the womenfolk. 

This is the false statement. Dont be a beta. Loggin, take the 300 wood they farmed for YOU and go about your day. Ofc, if your upset about 300 wood....I cant help you.

Ive never once been so presumptuous as to tell someone how to play. Play how you like, im just here to drop some knowledge for those who have complaint. I will say, it is a selfish tendancy to ask to be catered to as a solo when the vast majority of players are not that. 

This all comming from me, who is in a mega and plays solo style. But you know what, i haven't lost my strong hold, or my boat, or my shit since I joined. I did get to learn a lot and get better from others though 😉

-CS

It's 

11 hours ago, Lazro said:

This game isn't for Smaller companies

That's because it's a poorly designed game at the fundamental level.  It needs CAPITAL FLAGS so that larger companies can disintegrate instantly if captured which would free up a lot of land for everyone else.

5 hours ago, Hodo said:

At one time years ago in another time I would have agreed with you, but now... no I dont.  Small companies need to understand their role in a game that is about numbers, and know that they need to either get good, or get big, or get good big friends.  

Not every game needs to cater to the little guy who cant be bothered to make friends or join a larger group.   Some of the best people I have gamed with have been from larger groups.  In Eve I was part of a small corp for a while, then a HUGE corp for a while and now I am not going to leave the alliance I am in, because I like the numbers.  The numbers afford you options that normally are not available when you are smaller.  Sure you dont have the control because you dont have a much say, and you have to understand that,  but you gain security and force.   

Here I tried forming a small company and it was fun at first, then we ran into the same problems... we couldnt do many of the same things that larger companies could do.  Instead after some discussion we decided to join a larger company and havent really looked back.   It has been fun so far... yeah it hasn't been perfect but it has been fun.  We have had some great fights, some we have won some we have lost but they have been fun.   Like when we took 6 ships on a raid on an enemy company's shipyards.  We hit their allies base with 30+ people, we all had jobs, assignments and tasks.  And we pulled it off, sinking several galleons and only losing a schooner ourselves.    

Well put.

This is after all supposed to be an MMO.. so far they're doing that in the old school sense where you had to work with others rather than your little clique.

• Like 1

I've said it before, I'll say it again... a VERY SIMPLE fix for this issue...

Create 4 factions

Divide the world into 4 equal parts and give each faction a section. 

Make players and their companies join a faction (equal spread of course)

Each company can still claim land, can still build ships etc... however same faction cannot attack you. 

This allows for smaller groups to go further back while the larger companies live on the "front lines" and if the smaller companies want some pvp action, all they gotta do is sail to the frontlines to assist the larger companies.

This will give us ALL an area where we know there will always be pvp if we want it. It will also give more casual players a safer area the deeper they go into their own factions territory.

Edit: Forgot to mention that each faction can advance its territory by attacking the other factions and successfully winning

Edited by Brick

10 minutes ago, Brick said:

Create 4 factions

Each company can still claim land, can still build ships etc... however same faction cannot attack you. 

This allows for smaller groups to go further back while the larger companies live on the "front lines" and if the smaller companies want some pvp action, all they gotta do is sail to the frontlines to assist the larger companies.

This will give us ALL an area where we know there will always be pvp if we want it. It will also give more casual players a safer area the deeper they go into their own factions territory.

Edit: Forgot to mention that each faction can advance its territory by attacking the other factions and successfully winning

This doesn't have to be defined by the Devs, it is sandbox afterall. 

I do believe they should rethink the positions of the freeports/lawless.. the map looks like an absolute cluster... when you cover those areas in red .. the "free for all" areas are broken up by these lawless and freeport areas too frequently IMO.

image.png.43fb5b11f30c8e01731cbde3777911c3.png

3 hours ago, ljbendele said:

and another thing, those that give up thier freedom for protection, deserve neither. 

if you join a zerg for protection , your just thier farming bitch, thier warriors will keep you warm at night because your the womenfolk. 

News flash, everyone in the world gives up some of their freedom for protection unless you live by yourself in the wild. This is how communities and civilizations work.

Your quote reeks of im14andthisisdeep. What a bunch of nonsense.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Brick said:

Create 4 factions

Then you have the issue of alts, and faction population balance, then the faction alliances that will happen.  Putting in factions wont help the games core issues.  

15 minutes ago, Shanks Black said:

Your quote reeks of im14andthisisdeep. What a bunch of nonsense.

Your words reek of "who cares what some old fart once said i'm the smartest ass in the world". You're probably living in a society that, while not perfect and full of injustice, still values freedom even if forces you to accept some limitations that are beneficial to all it's members. And when people find out that some of those limitations are actually beneficial to a minority of people in power they riot and do all kinds of risky stuff.

If you were living somewhere in North Korea you'd understand the meaning of that quote, that is if you were even allowed to learn about it. Because enemies are everywhere and only our glorious leader can save us.

From what i've seen while being in a large tribe, joining one simply because you don't want to get raided is more akin to migrating to North Korea. You can't do much on your own, you do what you're told, you don't have a saying about anything that matters, you can still be raided and your ship (if you're allowed to have one) can still be lost overnight, all in exchange for illusion of safety and delusion of being one of the elite.

1 hour ago, LaiTash said:

Your words reek of "who cares what some old fart once said i'm the smartest ass in the world". You're probably living in a society that, while not perfect and full of injustice, still values freedom even if forces you to accept some limitations that are beneficial to all it's members. And when people find out that some of those limitations are actually beneficial to a minority of people in power they riot and do all kinds of risky stuff.

If you were living somewhere in North Korea you'd understand the meaning of that quote, that is if you were even allowed to learn about it. Because enemies are everywhere and only our glorious leader can save us.

From what i've seen while being in a large tribe, joining one simply because you don't want to get raided is more akin to migrating to North Korea. You can't do much on your own, you do what you're told, you don't have a saying about anything that matters, you can still be raided and your ship (if you're allowed to have one) can still be lost overnight, all in exchange for illusion of safety and delusion of being one of the elite.

AHAHAHAHAHA, oh man, your Orwellian view of large companies is amazing. Utter rubbish though. Really you think the vast majority of the player base lives that experience for entertainment? You sound super right wing. Its ok to go experience new stuff, it wont hurt you.

• Like 1

This game is starting to become bullshit miss one fking day on pve server come back and half my land and buildings are gone why because the DIPSHIZS who created this game have no sense and do stupid shiz

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lazro said:

So far we've been wiped like 9 times now by massive companies and their allies. This game needs sorting so smaller companies can actually enjoy the game and not just keep farming and losing it over night. 

It just doesn't seem fair for companies that 250+ just to roll in with their allies and wipe an entire grid in hours. killing off some of the fan base because of this.

Well, you have two options.

option 1: they said it would be more solo/small company friendly in late February(if you choose this option, you lose the right to complain).

option 2: you either deal with it or you leave.

the decisions are very simple 

27 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

AHAHAHAHAHA, oh man, your Orwellian view of large companies is amazing. Utter rubbish though. Really you think the vast majority of the player base lives that experience for entertainment? You sound super right wing. Its ok to go experience new stuff, it wont hurt you.

No I am prettt right wing and that guy is an idiot. I know what BS smell like and he is full of it. What is unfortunate is that you are half full of it. Even though I am 3rd party, I tend to see the idiocy in both the left and the right.

you both have problems. Once this game dies you guys can go onto something else 

1 hour ago, Realist said:

No I am prettt right wing and that guy is an idiot. I know what BS smell like and he is full of it. What is unfortunate is that you are half full of it. Even though I am 3rd party, I tend to see the idiocy in both the left and the right.

you both have problems. Once this game dies you guys can go onto something else 

Please, ill be gone before it releases. Ashes of Creation is on the horizon and she calls to me.

I like how your right wing and 3rd party in the same paragraph. At least i think thats what it is 😋

53 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

Please, ill be gone before it releases. Ashes of Creation is on the horizon and she calls to me.

I like how your right wing and 3rd party in the same paragraph. At least i think thats what it is 😋

Ok Moana 😘

3 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

Really you think the vast majority of the player base lives that experience for entertainment?

a) large groups aren't the majority of the player base. That's another delusion they fall into in addition of elitism.

b) i've been in one of them, was reading another one's discord, and seen people sharing their experience. So yeah, i have all reasons to believe most of them are like this.

And i'm not saying these companies are bad, they can be good for you if you joined for the right reasons (large scale pvp and stuff like that), and that does not include safety.

Edited by LaiTash

Well after the stone patch it is super easy for me to destroy even large stone fortresses. Or ships, even a galleon is just 2 oil jars.

And i play solo, you can certainly imagine what a 1000 chinese hive can do in Atlas after stone=paper defence but crazy expensive.

Better build super cheap cannon balls instead of no-sap stone walls.

8 hours ago, LaiTash said:

a) large groups aren't the majority of the player base. That's another delusion they fall into in addition of elitism

Why would you possibly think this. There is a map online, you can see the top 10 companies i do believe. They might not be full but each of them obviously have over 100 and you can bet the top 5 at least are near if not at cap. You can also look up how many people are on a server. Then you do the math and realize you are wrong. 

Say top 3 are capped =1500

Say next 7 are 150 = 1050

There might be 3000 players on. As im writing this there are less than 2600 online. Play with these numbers all you want, those people in the top 10 companies alone account for almost everyone.

If you dont believe me, please just google for 5 min and get informed.

-CS

That's a lot of assumptions there Chucksteak and I am guessing you are talking about a PvP server. That's not going to be the same for a PvE server, rather the opposite actually. Now do you know what percentage of active players are on a PvP or a PvE server?

2 hours ago, Fefu said:

That's a lot of assumptions there Chucksteak and I am guessing you are talking about a PvP server. That's not going to be the same for a PvE server, rather the opposite actually. Now do you know what percentage of active players are on a PvP or a PvE server?

Actually I wasn't making any assumptions outside of exact company size, and Im sure we can at least agree im not far off on those. Everything is rather factual and verifiable.

Yes ofc a PvP server. That was perhaps negligent on my part to only list my server. However the same thing can be done on any server. I wont say I know for sure the situatuon is the same on PvE, but i would assume it is. I am not at home and thus cannot give you your percentage of active players total, although we can look at that number as well since steam makes it availible. 

Really though, you cant be a pirate who only attacks creatures. Your just a poacher at worst.

@Chucksteak I am not disputing your figures for PvP servers as I neither have the numbers nor the experience since I opted for PvE in this game - at least until PvP gets fleshed out (offline raiding mostly). The PvE servers tell me a different story - most players are in 1-5 man groups and I still have to meet a company larger than 20. I am sure they exist but they sure are rare in my area.

The way I see it is that the business plan is to entice all demographics with larger groups gravitating mainly towards PvP servers and smaller groups towards PvE. I don't know the numbers but my experience in MMO would bet that smaller groups will be the majority of players if both PvE and PvP servers are considered. Ultimately, the gameplay and design will follow the money and not the other way round (or at least it usually does).

21 hours ago, Hodo said:

Then you have the issue of alts, and faction population balance, then the faction alliances that will happen.  Putting in factions wont help the games core issues.  

Thats a much easier issue to solve than the current.

That's why I stay out of pvp.  I'm not one for playing within a large company, so you get wrecked in a small group pvp.

9 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

Why would you possibly think this. There is a map online, you can see the top 10 companies i do believe. They might not be full but each of them obviously have over 100 and you can bet the top 5 at least are near if not at cap. You can also look up how many people are on a server. Then you do the math and realize you are wrong. 

Say top 3 are capped =1500

Say next 7 are 150 = 1050

There might be 3000 players on. As im writing this there are less than 2600 online. Play with these numbers all you want, those people in the top 10 companies alone account for almost everyone.

If you dont believe me, please just google for 5 min and get informed.

-CS

I'm looking at the EU PvP population map right now.

Total number of players on grids with population of 100+ is 392.

662 players on grids with pop from 50 to 100

1421 on grids with pop ranging from 30 to 50

2448 are on grids with less than 30 players on them.

Even if we assume that top companies control all servers where population is greater than 30 (which is not the case), the total number of players there is still only 2475, far from being an overwhelming majority.

Survival games never favor smaller companies. This one is no different.

However, that doesn't mean smaller companies can't have fun; they just can't play this game the same way a larger companies do - again, just like with every other survival game.

Edited by Tenebrion