Sign in to follow this  
Lazro

This game isn't for Smaller companies

So far we've been wiped like 9 times now by massive companies and their allies. This game needs sorting so smaller companies can actually enjoy the game and not just keep farming and losing it over night. 

It just doesn't seem fair for companies that 250+ just to roll in with their allies and wipe an entire grid in hours. killing off some of the fan base because of this.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lazro said:

So far we've been wiped like 9 times now by massive companies and their allies. This game needs sorting so smaller companies can actually enjoy the game and not just keep farming and losing it over night. 

It just doesn't seem fair for companies that 250+ just to roll in with their allies and wipe an entire grid in hours. killing off some of the fan base because of this.

Welcome to PvP where they allow large magnitudes of people to group together.. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, iLL said:

Welcome to PvP where they allow large magnitudes of people to group together.. 

ruins the game. we've had to move so many times because of it.

• Like 1

well we are a small company too but had allies and tho we have been wiped a few weeks ago (allies and us^^) new allies were made and there surely is big companies that keep an eye on smaller ones in a good way too as in the end still both benefit from each other 🙂

i'd say the best for small companies is to find a place were there is a decent alliance around, that's just the way it is in game like this if you don't want to play on PvE.

• Like 1

They are making structural changes to incentivize landowners to rent land to tenanabts instead of just wiping everyone but fir this to work two things are required:

1. Megas must understand the change and how changing their behavior will be advantageous to them.

2. Small companies like yours must git Gud at diplomacy to negotiate yourself an amenable arrangement.

Everyone likes to talk about Eve in comparison to Atlas. In Eve, blowing people out of the sky isn’t the only thing that matters. Diplomacy matters too.p

• Like 2

Supposedly they're having a direction change and want to focus on making things less hell for small groups.  Check the newest captains log announcement, 19.

A large number of you have expressed that you are unable to make enough progress to reach this stage of the game, due to our hardcore design. Our thinking going forward, with the community’s help and feedback, we plan to make the game less punishing and reduce the steep climb required for players to reach the parts of the game which make it special. This means we’re going to be changing core systems to ensure that those who do not have as much time to invest or play in small groups or as solo players are still able to experience the highs seas of ATLAS. 

• Allowing players to experience the ‘piracy’ side of the game immediately, whilst not trivializing the content.
  • Making sure that solo players and smaller groups feel safer when logging off, or that after they’ve taken a break they can come back and know that it won’t be such a difficult feat to get out on the seas again.
  • Incentivize companies to neutralize their territories, inviting others to make use of their land so that both can benefit.
  • More MMO aspects: player markets, player-specified automatic trade routes, additional quests, and daily missions

But there's going to be minimal changes until March since they're stuck working on the already announced feb content stuff.  Otherwise no solid details yet on just how they're changing things. 

I'm willing to wait until than and seeing what their patches are like that month before losing all expectations for the game anyways.  If they say this but all we get is some juggled values but no actual mechanics than I'm out.

Time to make more allies.  Other smaller guilds will ally with you if you try a little bit.  Invest if making friends with everyone in your server and turn it into a server wide alliance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lazro said:

I don't do the pvp as I don't like the idea of having to restart so much.. But I will say that "war..war never changes.."  And that sir is what you opted into when you hit join pvp.. Also wanted to point out they are trying to make changes for the sake of the smaller crews. So the future is looking so bright.. You better wear shades..

trying to find somewhere to live now in the current state is hard. we are like 15 constantly active and total 50 ppl looking for somewhere. 

4 minutes ago, Lazro said:

trying to find somewhere to live now in the current state is hard. we are like 15 constantly active and total 50 ppl looking for somewhere. 

Tundra is often a decent choice to restart, often more spots available and the people there are hardier 😉

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

They are making structural changes to incentivize landowners to rent land to tenanabts instead of just wiping everyone but fir this to work two things are required:

1. Megas must understand the change and how changing their behavior will be advantageous to them.

2. Small companies like yours must git Gud at diplomacy to negotiate yourself an amenable arrangement.

Everyone likes to talk about Eve in comparison to Atlas. In Eve, blowing people out of the sky isn’t the only thing that matters. Diplomacy matters too.p

we are good at being diplomatic but some people just dont listen

1 minute ago, Zlax said:

Tundra is often a decent choice to restart, often more spots available and the people there are hardier 😉

i know but trying to find somewhere in the current state is hard as most people are fully set up by now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lazro said:

we are good at being diplomatic but stupid people just dont listen

i know but trying to find somewhere in the current state is hard as most people are fully set up by now. 

Fixed that for ya :classic_wink:

2 hours ago, Lazro said:

Yes, thats true. When the chinese swarm with 100 naked flag placers, followed by 100 naked stone honeycomb builders followed by 100 master metal carbine officers followed by 10 AI fire swivel carts followed by 5 OP dragons you have definitly game over.

This is very well known by the devs and very well ignored by them as they love only streamers and mega companies.

Edited by Talono

42 minutes ago, Talono said:

Yes, thats true. When the chinese swarm with 100 naked flag placers, followed by 100 naked stone honeycomb builders followed by 100 master metal carbine officers followed by 10 AI fire swivel carts followed by 5 OP dragons you have definitly game over.

This is very well known by the devs and very well ignored by them as they love only streamers and mega companies.

I love how your stories gets more and more exxagerated

3 hours ago, Lazro said:

Solo players and small groups not welcome in this game, thats why im asking for an offline,LAN server option.

5 hours ago, Lazro said:

At one time years ago in another time I would have agreed with you, but now... no I dont.  Small companies need to understand their role in a game that is about numbers, and know that they need to either get good, or get big, or get good big friends.  

Not every game needs to cater to the little guy who cant be bothered to make friends or join a larger group.   Some of the best people I have gamed with have been from larger groups.  In Eve I was part of a small corp for a while, then a HUGE corp for a while and now I am not going to leave the alliance I am in, because I like the numbers.  The numbers afford you options that normally are not available when you are smaller.  Sure you dont have the control because you dont have a much say, and you have to understand that,  but you gain security and force.   

Here I tried forming a small company and it was fun at first, then we ran into the same problems... we couldnt do many of the same things that larger companies could do.  Instead after some discussion we decided to join a larger company and havent really looked back.   It has been fun so far... yeah it hasn't been perfect but it has been fun.  We have had some great fights, some we have won some we have lost but they have been fun.   Like when we took 6 ships on a raid on an enemy company's shipyards.  We hit their allies base with 30+ people, we all had jobs, assignments and tasks.  And we pulled it off, sinking several galleons and only losing a schooner ourselves.    

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lazro said:

ruins the game. we've had to move so many times because of it.

But what did you expect? That it wasn’t going to happen? It’s pretty much denying the obvious. 

Edited by Percieval

5 hours ago, Talono said:

Say you own a restaurant, you have 2 tables of 2 people dining this evening, and one big party of 20 people. Who are you going to put more resources on? Lets try and not be naive here, the Dev's aren't doing anything different than anyone else who can do addition would do. Besides, its just human nature, you do more with more. There is literally no solution that could be implemented short of forcing EVERYONE to play in solos or small groups that would appease those who feel neglected because they are not in a big group. If you feel differently, by all means, please share. 

4 hours ago, Zlax said:

I love how your stories gets more and more exxagerated

Right? 

7 hours ago, Lazro said:

Lets assume you have 150 people in your company, although Id guess it at 50 or less. You just got rolled by 250+ people. I assume you understand the math is very fair. The statement being x=<250, where x is your company size. 

Your getting wiped for one or more of these reasons, and I think most of them are solvable in the current setting;

1. Your provoking other companies, and cant take the retaliation. Make friends with them and ally them instead.

2. You are trying to settle on a decent spot for farming, and other people also want to farm there as well, so there is contention and you aren't the winner. Find a spot less people want, perhaps harder to get too. Look at the metrics, there's only ever usually around 3k people online in a server. Look at the top 10 maps and you will quickly see where 90% of all players are residing. Stone is shit right now anyways so who cares if there's no sap.

3. You have decided, for whatever reason, to not join a large enough company to keep you safe. Like a battered wife, you cant find the resolve to leave and find a better situation for yourself.

4. You have yet to understand that it is your company vs EVERYONE ELSE. What is the best odds: 1 vs 3000? or 50 vs 3000? or 500 vs 3000? 

GS can cater to you all you want, its STILL you and yours vs everyone else.....because, we're all PIRATES! 

• Like 1

everyone needs to stop telling everyone else how to play the game. This is an open world sandbox where you can play however yoy want but accept the consequences of your choices. you want to zerg? do so but there will always be a bigger zerg that will wipe you anyway. Zerg? deal with more toxic people, insiders, guild leaders that quit or betray or make stupid incompetent decisions. 

want to solo, do it, get wiped/stolen from until you get something built that others feel is too much effort or not enough intrest to want to take. 

i prefer to play solo , when someone messes with me I infiltrate their base and fire arrow/oil pot thier ships, i break into thier bases because the idiots left windows to climb into and as long as i know who it was that offlined me i always get my revenge. it is harder for larger companies to defend against me then me from them because of my mentality. take all i have ill rebuild and destroy 100x what you took from me just by bringing kamikaze sloops from freeports. 

stop crying about being solo players and man up or go play on pve server. 

stop crying as a zerg about people you walked over offlining your ships and using guerilla tactics.

evrryone stop telling others how to play, you paid your money for the game, play how you want and stop the crying.

36 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

... потому что, мы все  пираты! 

No, not all Atlas players are pirates, the game allows you to be a Builder, a farmer, a merchant, and even... a pirate, but not only a pirate. If everyone will start with piracy, then soon there will be those who can Rob... and the game will die, slowly but surely. In order to have someone to Rob - people should be given the opportunity to make money.

and another thing, those that give up thier freedom for protection, deserve neither. 

if you join a zerg for protection , your just thier farming bitch, thier warriors will keep you warm at night because your the womenfolk. 

12 minutes ago, ljbendele said:

and another thing, those that give up thier freedom for protection, deserve neither. 

if you join a zerg for protection , your just thier farming bitch, thier warriors will keep you warm at night because your the womenfolk. 

1. That's a false statement.

2. Its called a company, not a zerg, get with 2019 please.

3. Jokes on you, your gunna farm anyways, perhaps more so if rebuilding is a daily quest you give yourself.

10 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

1. That's a false statement.

2. Its called a company, not a zerg, get with 2019 please.

3. Jokes on you, your gunna farm anyways, perhaps more so if rebuilding is a daily quest you give yourself.

The difference is, I dont log in daily asking the 300 people in said guild who took the wood i farmed the previous day. what I work for and earn is mine. when i accomplish something, there is real satisfaction to it. 

Ive lost many ships (brigs) and had my bases broken into numerous times to steal my rss. i have 2 accounts, 1 i joined to a larger guild so i could get more pvp. by far the most satisfaction has come from playing my solo account. 

as for my statement, its a quote from Benjamin Franklin. look it up before you call it false.

all im saying is stop telling people who this game is for, its for anyone willing to pay 30$

my best friend plays the game and his playstyle is to join the bigger guilds and play that way. ive watched him and his guilds get wiped multiple times and have to start over. i helped them rebuild by giving them some space on my claim. You can spout your broken theories all you want but from my experience playing the game there is nothing wrong playing solo

• Like 1

Why don't you play the diplomacy game and get protection from these larger companies in exchange you settle on their border islands to help defend it from attackers????

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Shanks Black said:

Why don't you play the diplomacy game and get protection from these larger companies in exchange you settle on their border islands to help defend it from attackers???

Like they need anyone to defend their border islands.