Sign in to follow this  
Strategos

Salvaging / Plundering

So we noticed a sunken ship near our base , thought I'd swim down and have a look. sure enough there is the hull, Start demolishing planks.... nothing.

Can you not salvage materials from wrecks in PvE? 

+1 i have the same effect. no need to demolish anything as of now since its just a slugfest to get away from sharks. 

1 hour ago, Viscos said:

+1 i have the same effect. no need to demolish anything as of now since its just a slugfest to get away from sharks. 

So you also don't get any materials from salvaging wrecks?

nope nothing (PVE EU) 

i do get items from chests etc tho but not the shipstructures. 
also, salvaging the chest does not give me the items inside the chests but the demolish price only. 

1 minute ago, Malhek said:

Is it a Ramshackle Sloop?

Ah I don't know It looks sloop sized so it could be! Good point.

• Like 1

Yeah, I thought I'd hit the jackpot when I found three fresh wrecks side by side after a storm. All ramshackle, no loots 😞

If it's a sloop from the freeport you get nothing back, there is alot of them as you can imagine. If it is a ship they've built themselves and not premaid then yes you can salvage the planks which consist of metal, thatch, wood and fibers. I've came across sloops like this myself, demolish and get nothing. 

• Like 1

is there any visuals to indicate that it is a crappy sloop rather than one built by players?

29 minutes ago, Viscos said:

is there any visuals to indicate that it is a crappy sloop rather than one built by players?

Yes freport sloops the planks have 2520 health and player made sloops i think plank health is starting around 4200.

• Thanks 1

Plus freeport sloops always have the same designs. 2 speed sails, and a single ceiling space for the deck. 

• Thanks 1

Other than Ramshackle all give resources. I built most of what I have salvaging ships around lawless zones. I will add the plunder skill tree seems to not always work. Some planks of the same type yield more randomly.