Sign in to follow this  
cod1933

Getting Offlined/Puckles

So we got offlined again, pretty much every night we can guarantee all our ships will be sunk and at least part of the base destroyed but last night was different. I had situated a few ai around the base on puckles since they were no invincible  but when i got on today all the AI got killed off the puckles and the puckles were still intact. Any tips would be appreciated as to how i could prevent this or why it happened?

Edited by cod1933

One has just advantages in such Games if one can play apart from the normal Primetime. Either because you live in a different time zone, don't have a job or have a job that takes place at different times, e.g. shift work. Unfortunately, you can't do much about that except try to have people in your company who cover those times. We also have a company with 180 people and still have up to 10 people online at these unpleasant times. We could feel safe for so long, yet we recently got a raid on one of our biggest islands in the morning with 30-40 players. There's nothing you can do about it. Russians or Chinese have different time zones. Nevertheless, you can't raid them at our prime time either, because they merged tactically cleverly. So you have to ask yourself if this is unfair or if it's just played wisely. I just think something like that is part of such a game, even if in the long run it destroys the game fun for many people. But everyone installs this game because of exactly this thought: Open PvP, defeating opponents, battles - but unfortunately nobody wants to lose.

Puckle gunners are supposed to be invulnerable.  

Are you sure they were killed while on the gun or did someone whistle them off of the gun?  If you leave your NPCs set to heed whistle commands they can be called off by someone else in the company.   

A heads up about puckles... They don't shoot moving targets. You can run right up to them in a straight line as they aim at you.

You can stand in their line of sight and run back and forth until you're out of stam.

41 minutes ago, Pallist said:

A heads up about puckles... They don't shoot moving targets. You can run right up to them in a straight line as they aim at you.

You can stand in their line of sight and run back and forth until you're out of stam.

Hey sup Pallist. And I have been shot with a puckle gun while moving. 

We've tested with 6 puckles all aiming at me when i dropped clan. They didn't shoot until i stopped running. Maybe walking they shoot?

I've also run around a few red bases that have puckles. I can hear the taking aim but they never shoot.

If you got shot while running, you're unlucky. With other options and build techniques, puckles are not worth the cost for the reliability to actually shoot.

And hey labatts, good to see you in Atlas.