Sign in to follow this  
WaywardAnus

Really how hard would it be to implement a travel speed buff

Honestly how gamebreaking would it be to just implement a system where you travel faster until your ship is aggroed. Do you just want us to stare at a boat in the water for 2 hrs just to get materials? Do you really want your game to be that boring?

• Confused 2

What boat are you driving for 2hrs... I mean you could go like 12zones in that time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MrHeid said:

What boat are you driving for 2hrs... I mean you could go like 12zones in that time.

With good wind. With cancerous wind it can take 2 hours to go like 3-4 zones

Why not have insta travel or just one button to push that puts a message on your screen "you won, game over" 

I understand where you are coming from but I am sure there are plenty of people who like it as it is and wouldn't appreciate the sudden appearance of an invasion fleet on their doorstep without any warning or enabling mega companies to roll over half the server in a morning. 

The consequences of your desire have far reaching implications. 

The level of delayed gratification and emphasis on team play, social interaction was one of the things that made atlas stand out and harkened back to the days when games were hard and goal achievement was meaningful. This is slowly being eroded, the game is step by step being watered down, personally I see this as a disappointing direction for the game to take and will ultimately, for me at least shorten the games lifespan. 

Edited by Badkebab
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Badkebab said:

Why not have insta travel or just one button to push that puts a message on your screen "you won, game over" 

I understand where you are coming from but I am sure there are plenty of people who like it as it is and wouldn't appreciate the sudden appearance of an invasion fleet on their doorstep without any warning or enabling mega companies to roll over half the server in a morning. 

The consequences of your desire have far reaching implications 

you already have instant trips you can go from A3 to N15 in seconds if you have a bed in both places. but clear to put the beds will take a few hours to arrive xd xd

1 minute ago, duque said:

you already have instant trips you can go from A3 to N15 in seconds if you have a bed in both places. but clear to put the beds will take a few hours to arrive xd xd

Swooooooooooosh

Edited by Badkebab
  • Like 1

sailing speed is fine. that´s what make it exiting. just add more stuff to do while on a ship.

atm I do the following:

- ship repairs while sailing

- sextant mini game

- crafting / repairing stuff from last island (always do that while you travel, never on land, always have 1-2 tool sets to use up)

- avoiding SOTD / storms (boring tbh since I just always travel on server boarders and when a storm comes up I just cross and continue sailing etc.)

.. what the game needs is something you can do while you sail like having a mini game you can play to restore food/vitamine or to make your ship travel 10% faster for a small amount of time etc. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mephos said:

sailing speed is fine. that´s what make it exiting. just add more stuff to do while on a ship.

atm I do the following:

- ship repairs while sailing

- sextant mini game

- crafting / repairing stuff from last island (always do that while you travel, never on land, always have 1-2 tool sets to use up)

- avoiding SOTD / storms (boring tbh since I just always travel on server boarders and when a storm comes up I just cross and continue sailing etc.)

.. what the game needs is something you can do while you sail like having a mini game you can play to restore food/vitamine or to make your ship travel 10% faster for a small amount of time etc. 

Please no minigame, even if its a small buff, it will either feel mandatory or be so small that its ignored completely, hence a waste of dev time.

Personally, I wish there was more to do at sea and that the ships were slower. It would be cool if they grouped islands together more and they made the distances between biomes much greater.

6 hours ago, WaywardAnus said:

Honestly how gamebreaking would it be to just implement a system where you travel faster until your ship is aggroed. Do you just want us to stare at a boat in the water for 2 hrs just to get materials? Do you really want your game to be that boring?

No , just no on this one !! being out at sea for a long time is what this game is about, fast speed travel would make this game a joke, so Noooo

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ViperGuyMike said:

Personally, I wish there was more to do at sea

Sing shanties. I do.

• Like 1

Sea travel is fine, as others mentioned its perhaps more about what you can do at sea.

8 hours ago, WaywardAnus said:

I knew after a while people would get tired of the long sailing times. I am not saying you are wrong but I am pretty sure it would still take about a year for it to happen.

I enjoy the sail times. I play with my family, so we use the time to catch up. I'm not opposed to them adding more things to do though like card games or fishing while moving.

Sailing is fast enough already.  Build a lightweight ship like a Schooner or Brig, put nothing but speed sails on it... go everywhere faster than a modern day Aegis class missile cruiser.

Ya BIG no on this one, i enjoy sailing and i think the devs nailed it pretty much. My brig with 5 large cannons across the back and 20k weight with 3 large speed sails gets me where i need to go in a hurry. And enough puch to take out a few ships that try to tail me.