Sign in to follow this  
INVALID

Beta Client: Client Side Performance Gains

Crash pastebin: 

LowLevelFatalError [File:H:\YARKUpdateLIVEReal_LIVE_ARCHIVE\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp] [Line: 653] 
Rendering thread exception:

says nothing else. just continues to crash

In my companies main base in J13 I went from being 15fps to 25fps and the games a lot smoother feeling on my GTX1070 at max everything 1080p

Open sea sees no major changes other than 70fps being 80fps now

Edited by Kaelath_The_Red

Will give it a go tonight my 1080ti struggles to run this at a stable 60fps at 3440x1440.

Here FX 8350, 16GB DDR3, RX 480 8GB and Windows 10 Pro" 1803"  game client beta run 25~33 Fps.   " + 8FPS" 

client currently run 15~ 24Fps

1920x1080 - HIGH  "25~33FPS"

1920x1080- Medium "29~ 37fps"

1920x1080 -Low " 35~42fps"

results on the island:   " + 8FPS"  

34gv67r.png

Edited by FatalCrazy

Tested:

System:

8 Core AMD @ 4.0 ghz
32gb Ram
RX 580 4gb VRam

Currently used settings: All settings on highest except textures which are set to high due to epic textures consuming more than 4gb of vram.

1920x1080 - Windowed Full Screen

Results:

No significant improvement.  

Lowest frame rates were seen riding a horse through a dense forest.  Frame rates as low as 19fps observed.
Vram usage peaked at 3.9gb.

Average frame while rates while playing were ~30-35 fps.

Various settings:

Low: Sitting idle FPS ~36
Medium: Sitting idle FPS ~36
High: Sitting idle FPS ~34

Low: Horseback in a dense forest FPS ~45
Medium: Horseback in a dense forest FPS ~30
High: Horseback in a dense forest FPS ~20

Opinion:

The 4gb RX 580 is a very popular video card due to it's price & performance and should be one of the target video cards you guys aim for.
https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+RX+580&id=3736

In it's current state and on a PVE server, the game is playable on the RX580 with good quality graphics. 
It does lag when encountering new textures and having the game installed on a traditional hard drive makes the texture swapping almost unbearable.  Putting it on an SSD drastically increased that performance. 

In a PVP environment, I wouldn't want to try it. Having to trade off texture quality for FPS where performance is considered preferable, it would likely cause me to not want to play. With no settings getting even close to a 60 fps PVP baseline and stuttering while loading textures common I would quit playing before I would even consider running on the lowest settings. It looks utterly horrible.

As a baseline reference, this same card gets 60-80 fps playing Rust on highest settings.

*update*
Riding through a dense forest with the map open - ~13 fps.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

Not made any different for me.

Specs

i7 5820k @4.2ghz
32gb DDR4
Nvidia 1080ti FE overclocked
Windows 10 on NVME
Game on separate SSD

Running at 3440 x 1440

In really build up areas it hardly gets over 35fps..  it don't matter what settings I use in game everything maxed out everything to low always get about the same fps. Sadly this patch made no difference.

1 hour ago, Jean Lafitte said:

CRASH!

Just riding my horse around.

https://pastebin.com/CSvVPdbc

Doesn't seem like the update went through properly? The client version seems incorrect.

Just a note folks, you'll need to OPT-OUT of the beta and back to the live branch for this upcoming major version. Just go to the beta tab and make sure you've not selected performancetest

15 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

Doesn't seem like the update went through properly? The client version seems incorrect.

Just a note folks, you'll need to OPT-OUT of the beta and back to the live branch for this upcoming major version. Just go to the beta tab and make sure you've not selected performancetest

My bad, I had the date sorted on the crash logs backwards.  This should be it.

https://pastebin.com/6DQwbcBW

Can't opt out  of the beta client-- when I go to the beta tab the drop down doesn't work. I will have to uninstall and reinstall the game completely.

Edited by TheGrumpyVidiot

On 1/30/2019 at 10:26 PM, Archsenex said:

Ok, so final outcome is that whatever you guys did in the Beta version, you've completely broken compatibility with SLI

There never was SLI to begin with.

So i'm trying the Performance test, and one thing that I noticed is that nearby structures seem to be slow to load, no this may be due to my internet speed, but I was a little frustrating to run into an "Invisible" wall, and only after having rammed someones ship yard 3 times did the skin actually load. 

Also, it seems that being opted into the Beta, Steam does not Automatically Download Updates.

I am an Australian Player, so my connectivity is a little slower, however my Ping was around 120. 

I am trying the Performance Test and playing on Low Memory Mode. 

I have a Lenovo Y700 Gaming laptop that handles most modern games at Mid to high spec, However atlas has a real drain on this PC.

On a side note, I love what you have done with Atlas so far, I have about 250 hours in game, and can't wait to get online as much as possible.