S1mpl

Claim Flag Time 2Days !!!!

Is this as intended that claims can now be contested after only 2 days from your last login (note not 2 days from logout).

There was nothing in the patch notes to warn of this change

I thought  they made a correction about claim saying it would take two weeks before any would lose their claims from the last time they logged in, I’ve see places that I could have taken from my neighbor who was online 2 days ago, I am not that type of person and am hopeful that they will sign back in before someone else grabs it. I did however take a claim tonight from someone who I have never spoke to and am guessing they quit the game. John and Nina however did not mention anything about quitting and had just built a taming pen. So this radical change that came about today is probably going to piss a lot of people off. I know I would be if I signed in tomorrow after work and had lost everything 

4 hours ago, S1mpl said:

Is this as intended that claims can now be contested after only 2 days from your last login (note not 2 days from logout).

There was nothing in the patch notes to warn of this change

bit odd considering was 3 days ..it is being changed in a patch soon depending on amount of flags u have from 2 weeks to min 3 days if u have lots of claims 

Edited by UDO

1 hour ago, UDO said:

bit odd considering was 3 days ..it is being changed in a patch soon depending on amount of flags u have from 2 weeks to min 3 days if u have lots of claims 

That’s not in the patch notes or captains log. Can you post a link?

I have been watching a single flag the last couple days.  got down to an hour last night, and is now at a little over a day.  I'm not sure what's going on with the timers, but a refresh does not appear to be currently giving 3 days.  

I feel 2 days is fair. Shouldn't be difficult to log into a game at least once every 2 days. It's not just you, but ANYONE in your company. 

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Mythathos said:

I feel 2 days is fair. Shouldn't be difficult to log into a game at least once every 2 days. It's not just you, but ANYONE in your company. 

I play by myself and have no one in my company and I do plan to take a family vacation as to where I may not be able to log in for over a week, so you think 2 days is fair ? People like you only think about themselves and disgust me. Do you think school kids and desk jockeys are the only type of people who play this game ? Grow up and be welcomed to the real world. 

• Like 2

So what's the right number? A week, 2 weeks, 10 days, 5 days? You have a group of people who got in the game and overly claimed land and won't give it up. Then you have everyone else (probably the majority) living in lawless or on their boat and trying to find something to claim. Those people are playing a game that doesn't really progress. Shouldn't they be able to play the game too...on official?

The turnover needs to be high so that those who are dedicated to playing the game have a fair shot at actually playing and progressing, and those who don't, lose their claims. 5 days is probably a good number. If you take a vacation...it's on you if you want to keep your claim. It's not on the devs to cater to your vacation....it's on them to make sure everyone can enjoy the game. And for the people who are searching for some spot...they aren't enjoying the game. They shouldn't have to go to unofficial to enjoy the game.

Also:

-Consider an official single player option...it would solve this problem for a lot of people.

-Limit claims per person and require something significant to get more with maybe a max of like 3 per person. Want more land? Grow your company. Right now anyone can just have how ever much land they are able to grab....and people are greedy and don't want to share (most people at least). Or they want to take advantage of other people...claim all the land and tax the hell out of people.

-require visiting your claims to actually keep the upkeep going. Just logging in should not reset the timer on all claims.

-Beyond 1 flag per person you should have to pay gold to upkeep. 1st one is free...beyond that, you need to sink gold into it to maintain that claim of your's. So a company of 10 could have 10 claims for free...and if they need more...they can pay to keep them.

Limits need to be put in place so that people don't want to overclaim or are overburdened when they do it...so that others can enjoy the game too.

Edited by ThunderGod97

just ran over to my neighbours flag and yeah i can take their flag, i know they are gone till saturday (3 days away) but now the vultures are circling and they might loose their flag today , sigh , i cant get hold of them either so now i guess im getting new neighbours 😛

4 hours ago, ThunderGod97 said:

So what's the right number? A week, 2 weeks, 10 days, 5 days?

The number that maximises their business model whatever that may be. I'd say 2 weeks minimum but not more than 3 weeks. Now if their business model requires a demographic that is either forced in medium to large companies or a no life soloer, than 2 days is fine. For the moment they have decided on 2 weeks albeit these developers change their minds all the time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

I play by myself and have no one in my company and I do plan to take a family vacation as to where I may not be able to log in for over a week, so you think 2 days is fair ? People like you only think about themselves and disgust me. Do you think school kids and desk jockeys are the only type of people who play this game ? Grow up and be welcomed to the real world. 

I am neither of those things, so.. no I don't. I'm a contractor with a very fluid schedule. Yet, even I can tell that you like to make excuses. Join a small company instead of trying to play a MMO solo. Math!

It’s not math, it’s choice, why should I have to join a company who I know no one, I am forced to carry the company name and abide by the company rules. I work for a company I am not my own boss, I abide by their rules not my own and I represent the company name which I’m proud to do. In this world Atlas I get to do what I want and when I want and I carry a company name that means something personal to me. Here it is my legacy and my reputation that I am responsible for, no other member in this game can represent my company and give it a bad reputation. I’m sure you have read by now that such and such company is responsible for sinking our ships, luring SOTD into the doc areas, it’s not the player who is called out, it’s the company.  

Further more I am a very old MMO player, I had  played WOW for years being part of 10 and 25 man raiding guilds, I had to base my whole life around those guilds schedules in order to be part of the raiding teams. Never again will I have have to answer to someone else in a game. Never again will I be burdened with if you want to participate then you’ll need to meet these requirements in order to join but you’ll have to wait for an opening.

You don’t mind losing everything you’ve worked for then try pvp, I’m trying to build and create something here in PVE and I’m kinda attached to everything I put time and effort into.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

It’s not math, it’s choice, why should I have to join a company who I know no one, I am forced to carry the company name and abide by the company rules. I work for a company I am not my own boss, I abide by their rules not my own and I represent the company name which I’m proud to do. In this world Atlas I get to do what I want and when I want and I carry a company name that means something personal to me. Here it is my legacy and my reputation that I am responsible for, no other member in this game can represent my company and give it a bad reputation. I’m sure you have read by now that such and such company is responsible for sinking our ships, luring SOTD into the doc areas, it’s not the player who is called out, it’s the company.  

Further more I am a very old MMO player, I had  played WOW for years being part of 10 and 25 man raiding guilds, I had to base my whole life around those guilds schedules in order to be part of the raiding teams. Never again will I have have to answer to someone else in a game. Never again will I be burdened with if you want to participate then you’ll need to meet these requirements in order to join but you’ll have to wait for an opening.

You don’t mind losing everything you’ve worked for then try pvp, I’m trying to build and create something here in PVE and I’m kinda attached to everything I put time and effort into.

While I understand your disposition in involving yourself with other companies based on lack of familiarity, I still disagree with your overall opinion of what's fair. 

This game was designed for group play. If you choose not to abide that design you have no right to complain that the structure as is is flawed because it doesn't cater to your play style. My second point is your intense hostility that my opinion on the matter disagreed with yours. You immediately claimed that my opinion and personality disgusted you. Claiming to be an aged player of MMOs yet having such an adolescent reaction to differing opinions leaves much to be desired in your rationale.

My opinions are mine. Sorry you don't like it. You can state as much without being so hateful in your reply.

42 minutes ago, Mythathos said:

This game was designed for group play.

People keep writing this but I do not see the reasoning. Solo players can claim land, build on it, tame, build and sail ships (even the larger ones). Some NPCs are even there to substitute players in certain specific roles. On PvE servers, solo players can practically do everything and whatever they can't they can always forgo or group up temporarily. 

On PvP servers the situation is the same only it is probably harder to survive solo. With that in mind, I can accept "Parts of this game were designed for group play" because it is true but not all the game. I can also accept that the game is more efficient if played in a group because that is the norm for any MMO. However, "this game is designed for group play" is a blatant fallacy until developers start limiting the stuff soloers can do. They won't - any MMO wanting to make money ensures soloers are catered for.

Nearly forgot the disclaimer - I do not play solo. I am not defending my current playstyle.

• Like 1

My response was to your response in which you basically told me to accept what was and just join a company. You keep saying in your post that this game was designed for group play, you must have a different idea of what the NPC Crew for hire is than I do,  I thought they were implemented into the game for the solo and small companies to use as their benefit, if they didn’t want solo players in the game why add npc’s you can hire. 

I’m not being childish nor am I a pushover, you didn’t consider what other people may be dealing with or you didn’t care how the 2 day claim may affect them or how it may impact the game. I can see you prefer to be in groups, your not the lone wolf and I respect that. I’m not you and I also have the right to my opinion, I am willing to fight for or voice what my thoughts on the matter are. Win or lose at least I said my piece and what comes will come but in no way will I let someone else voice theirs if I disagree with it and I’ll back my argument the best that I can putting as many ideas for one to consider as I can.  I can’t stand loop holes, so I try to point out each scenario that I can to hopefully open some eyes that may have been closed or blind sided by their own thoughts.

I have no ill regard against you or anything for you because I don’t know you and I was only voicing my opinion as you were

the 2 day thing apreas to be a bug. This came along with the fixed timers. 

The new system allowing for 2weeks of protection is something @Jatheish said was coming soon. No date on that.

But can also confirm. that if you have a group of claims that are all touching each other that you can upkeep all of them only by entering one. Not sure if thats ment to be that way or not. But will help peopel that planned claims instead of just running and dropping 😛

7 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

My response was to your response in which you basically told me to accept what was and just join a company. You keep saying in your post that this game was designed for group play, you must have a different idea of what the NPC Crew for hire is than I do,  I thought they were implemented into the game for the solo and small companies to use as their benefit, if they didn’t want solo players in the game why add npc’s you can hire. 

I’m not being childish nor am I a pushover, you didn’t consider what other people may be dealing with or you didn’t care how the 2 day claim may affect them or how it may impact the game. I can see you prefer to be in groups, your not the lone wolf and I respect that. I’m not you and I also have the right to my opinion, I am willing to fight for or voice what my thoughts on the matter are. Win or lose at least I said my piece and what comes will come but in no way will I let someone else voice theirs if I disagree with it and I’ll back my argument the best that I can putting as many ideas for one to consider as I can.  I can’t stand loop holes, so I try to point out each scenario that I can to hopefully open some eyes that may have been closed or blind sided by their own thoughts.

I have no ill regard against you or anything for you because I don’t know you and I was only voicing my opinion as you were

There's a difference between telling you to go do something and offering a suggestion to resolve an issue you're experiencing.

Your right and there in lies the problem that we had, your suggestion came across to me as though you were saying that I was wasn’t smart enough to figure out a work around for being a solo player.  So all these back and forth messages was us doing the “ math” and from what I’ve seen thus far is that my reasoning for not joining a company out weighs your reasoning for joining one. I was simply “add-ing”  the reasoning I had to the equation.

Makes sense to me

5 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

Your right and there in lies the problem that we had, your suggestion came across to me as though you were saying that I was wasn’t smart enough to figure out a work around for being a solo player.  So all these back and forth messages was us doing the “ math” and from what I’ve seen thus far is that my reasoning for not joining a company out weighs your reasoning for joining one. I was simply “add-ing”  the reasoning I had to the equation.

Makes sense to me

Thank you for continuing to engage with me for the last 3 days. Your consistant posts have proved only that you do have the capability to remain active in the game regularly over a period of time. 3 days and you didn't once go more than 20 hours between posts.

As further exchanges with you will not have a point, consider this my closing. Farewell. 

Edited by Mythathos

Lol, yeah I am active in things I enjoy, using my phone I’m able surf the forums while at work, once I get home though I’m normally in game and not so much in the forums, I do take a break though, spend time with my family, watch a movie and use the restroom.  I’m really into this game as a lot of people are, seems like I’m meeting new people and it’s relaxing.  

I know you said your farewell and such but I’m sure we will cross paths again. Enjoy the day and live the night