Sign in to follow this  
arzosah

Modifying GameUserSettings.ini causing issues changing grids

I've been working on setting up a 3x3 grid in my local environment while I configure island and configs while I wait for the Linux servers to get fixed.  When I launch the game fresh with no changes to GameUserSettings.ini everything seems to be working fine, I am able to move between grids as expected, but as soon as I add XP multipliers or set the server to PvE I get "Unable to Query Server" errors when changing zones.  And if I set all grids to home servers and attempt to spawn in another zone I'm presented with character creation.

Has anyone ran into this before, or know what would cause this?

Thanks.

22 hours ago, arzosah said:

I've been working on setting up a 3x3 grid in my local environment while I configure island and configs while I wait for the Linux servers to get fixed.  When I launch the game fresh with no changes to GameUserSettings.ini everything seems to be working fine, I am able to move between grids as expected, but as soon as I add XP multipliers or set the server to PvE I get "Unable to Query Server" errors when changing zones.  And if I set all grids to home servers and attempt to spawn in another zone I'm presented with character creation.

Has anyone ran into this before, or know what would cause this?

Thanks.

That sounds like a redis database issue. There is absolutely no way you were able to get the servers up and running properly without changing the gameusersettings.ini because you would HAVE to edit the seamlessdataport on each server for the travelling between grids to work properly. Make sure each of your servers have the seamlessdataport configured properly in the gameusersettings.ini as well