vaylain

There is NO PVP in offline raiding so why is it allowed?

On 2/21/2019 at 6:10 PM, Itsme said:

Or.... maybe the real players are in the game PLAYING or have moved on while the entitled players are all on the forums still whining? 😉

So a person is entitled if they don't play the way YOU think they should?  If they aren't happy with the state of the game, that makes them entitled?  What an entitled mentality you have.

Another night, another 4 a.m. raid. Even I am done (and I am reeeally patient) with this game until some sort of offline resistance buffs come. Or some sort of defensives which are actually able to hold attackers for some time before people come online. This is ridiculous. We've rebuild our ships so many times now, we've tried every sort od defence but there is nothing in this game which can resist a fuckin cannon bear.

This meta when 95% of raids happen offline will be the end of Atlas, at least for official PvP servers. There is no pvp in this shit. 

After nearly 400 hours I am finally done. For now. Had a really good time in Atlas but now its only offline raids / griefs and rebuilding.

Btw im not playing alone, I play in a 140 people company and we are able to rebuild pretty quick. Its just too much to rebuild all the time. Its not a PvP game how it meant to be.

• Like 1

There is offline raid protection. 

It's called PVE. Don't turn this game into carebear. Recruit people from different timezones. Get btter defenses.

Or go to PVE

1 hour ago, Willard said:

Another night, another 4 a.m. raid. Even I am done (and I am reeeally patient) with this game until some sort of offline resistance buffs come. Or some sort of defensives which are actually able to hold attackers for some time before people come online. This is ridiculous. We've rebuild our ships so many times now, we've tried every sort od defence but there is nothing in this game which can resist a fuckin cannon bear.

This meta when 95% of raids happen offline will be the end of Atlas, at least for official PvP servers. There is no pvp in this shit. 

After nearly 400 hours I am finally done. For now. Had a really good time in Atlas but now its only offline raids / griefs and rebuilding.

Btw im not playing alone, I play in a 140 people company and we are able to rebuild pretty quick. Its just too much to rebuild all the time. Its not a PvP game how it meant to be.

If you got a clan of 140 and you can't counter getting offline raided. You're doing it wrong, sorry. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bandit_Black said:

It's called PVE. Don't turn this game into carebear. Recruit people from different timezones. Get btter defenses.

Or go to PVE

If you got a clan of 140 and you can't counter getting offline raided. You're doing it wrong, sorry. 

PvE you can't be raided at all.  No one is asking for that.  How is that hard to understand?  No one is asking for PvP servers to be turned into PvE.  How is that hard to understand?

You say "Get btter defenses".  If you'd actually spent time reading this thread, you'd know that's one of the problems currently with the game: There ARE no defenses that protect against offline raids.

If you think having a company of 140 makes you immune to offline raiding, you don't understand how anything of this works.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:11 AM, Bullet Force said:

It's rather irrelevant. This whole idea of adding offline protection is against the spirit and nature of the game. It was a failure when tried in ARK it will be the same with Atlas. A broken idea is a broken idea no matter how you dress it up. It doesn't get any better.

The only irrelevant idea is the one swimming around in your head about the way things should be if you want me to be honest with you. I've read through this thread and seen many post about some of the mechanics of EvE Online and how they could do something similar in Atlas. Then I watch as the majority of you guys who believe this is Ark dogpile on who ever has a well founded idea found from their research of other successful MMO games. I've invested over 500 hours in this game on the official servers and not in a mega what ever you want to call it. Its a silly notion that this is a different game and the majority of you still use ark terminology to define it. I understand that the way you choose to define the "meta" is engrained into your brains from the countless hours and years most of you played Ark. I played it too for many thousands of hours and multiple years myself and I never could quite comprehend the "meta" that surrounded it other than who could exploit, mesh, ddos or inside the best and force people to quit simply because the "meta" has 0 social skills when it comes to living in an MMO. Since the launch of Atlas i've watched as racial wars broke out across the servers, reddit and followed by a few hackers spawning everything they could on  the few streamers who were trying to have some fun and give this title some of the attention it deserves. Now lets take a look 2 months down the road where this title went from 50k to around 2k in any given prime and that's pretty sad to see. I often find myself wondering if the majority of this community even understands that in order to have a healthy game you need an equal portion of both pvp and pve. You cannot hope to achieve either without the other and until you understand that this game will continue to decline over the coming months no matter the content being delivered. There needs to be a system that will control just how much land each of us holds as well as a system to protect our vested interest in this game. The offline meta that cursed Ark has no place in Atlas and I am sure the developers are working hard to achieve this so we can stop the slope before its too late. I hope to see the developers install an API system to protect those of us who play this game from 3rd party software that is currently being used to track our where abouts in the game. I also hope that they will do something much like EvE Online and gives us a vendor we can pay so we can find the last known location of the douche canoe who raided us while we were away. There needs to be many checks and balances for this game because currently its like the wild west giving some an unfair advantage by using the name 123 or coding a bot to track peoples locations based off of the steam network. The meta needs to change from the cloak and dagger horseshit because its literally killing the game that all of us here have grown to love and hate.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bandit_Black said:

Or go to PVE

How do you counter offline raiding when you are not online? Teach me sir 🙂 

Because there are no defensives in the game which are able to stop offline attack. But tell me, im really curious. So again? Give me tips against offline raiding or offline ship griefs.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Bandit_Black said:

Its statements just like this that is the problem in this community, you aren't offering any valid suggestions and your only answer is to go play PVE . The carebear insult really grinds my gears because I know this is what is crippling this game. Your only answer is to recruit people from other timezones which in theory is the smart thing to do however this community suffers from the 123 syndrome. I cant count the number of individuals i've turned down simply because of the name 123 , how can you possibly know who these folks are or where they have been or what they have done . If there is one thing we have to offer anyone in a video game its our "word" based off our reputation that is attached to our "name" and its such a shame that this is the bottleneck simply over the "meta" that came to this game from Ark.

Edited by DGSixKado
  • Like 1

Here are my issues with offline protections: 

- When I can play, I want to play. I don't want to wait for someone else to log on so I can raid their stuff. 
- I don't have time to sail Island to Island to find a fight every evening.
- What if my neighbour only plays in China's prime time? - Why should timezone limit protect people in a MMO survival game. 
- Why with all the buffs to Puckles, would I even consider attacking when you might be online so I have to deal with not only the puckle defenses, but a player too? 
- Online raiding is a nightmare, because they just honeycomb their stuff as you're trying to break in. So when you needed to go through 2 walls, you now need to go through 5? 6 ? 7? Not to mention that any unguarded backdoor or other bed enables them to run back and place a wall where you've just knocked down, potentially even trapping you in. Hell, we stood for an additional 2 hours because we had enough stone walls inside the base to keep popping a hole in our own honeycomb to place a wall back behind the one we'd just lost over and over. Completely resetting the work the attacker had done. 

War Dec's in Eve only counted in Empire (police protected zones), not in lawless (null sec), you could attack people nullsec whenever you felt like it. Change Lawless Islands to 'empire' Islands and give them a penalty as to why you wouldn't want to have your largest companies stay there. (Reduced resources/limited company sizes) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ShoulderRabbit said:

Here are my issues with offline protections: 

- When I can play, I want to play. I don't want to wait for someone else to log on so I can raid their stuff. 
- What if my neighbour only plays in China's prime time? - Why should timezone limit protect people in a MMO survival game. 
- Why with all the buffs to Puckles, would I even consider attacking when you might be online so I have to deal with not only the puckle defenses, but a player too? 
- Online raiding is a nightmare, because they just honeycomb their stuff as you're trying to break in. So when you needed to go through 2 walls, you now need to go through 5? 6 ? 7? Not to mention that any unguarded backdoor or other bed enables them to run back and place a wall where you've just knocked down, potentially even trapping you in. Hell, we stood for an additional 2 hours because we had enough stone walls inside the base to keep popping a hole in our own honeycomb to place a wall back behind the one we'd just lost over and over. Completely resetting the work the attacker had done. 

War Dec's in Eve only counted in Empire (police protected zones), not in lawless (null sec), you could attack people nullsec whenever you felt like it. Change Lawless Islands to 'empire' Islands and give them a penalty as to why you wouldn't want to have your largest companies stay there. (Reduced resources/limited company sizes) 

I think, your supposed to use shock and awe tactic when online raiding players, sail your biggest ship up to their stuff, snipe them asap and unload volleys of cannonballs at everything so that they feel they have lost as the fight begins. 

Everything about your post kinda screams that you just took a cannon bear to raid online players, you try and use as little resources as possible, to raid their base and they can rebuild and maybe trap you in because of your minimalist battle strat, where you blow a single wall hole through their layers. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?

Waste some resources, and  use fun strats!

The honeycomb strat doesnt work if you volley until building is gone lol, also that's FUN. Shooting volleys of cannonballs after you have won the ground fight/beaten the online players. 

Players like you, want to be able to go up to any base with a cannon bear and raid it with no fight, it's just not much fun man. 

Also it's terrible for the players who's stuff you stole with 50 cannonballs and 4 minutes raiding them offline. That's too big of a return, all their stuff for 50 cannonballs, and just a few min of your time to ruin hours on hours of work for someone else. I think the player base would stay higher if those hours of work weren't gone when those players returned.

Also not just at you but to all who say orp pvp in ark doesnt work, screw that I had tons of fun caging players and making them watch their stuff get raided, orp servers in ark also stayed more active with only single clusters put together, so in what way were they unsuccessful?

I had fun and they had players online!

So to all the players who's version of playing is, seeing what you can offline raid when you log on, stop killing the game by using other players work, learn where the resources are, SAIL, PLAY THE GAME! 

Stop whining that you wont be able to play without offline raiding! Offline raiding is not a fun or essential part of the game in any way! It's a shortcut at the expense of another players or group of players progress!

It has no place in pvp, and actually for whoever is offline raiding, it's a pve shortcut that trivializes the rest of the game. 

Why learn to kill a whale when you can just offline raid people who have killed them and wipe their progress?

Also in the process of taking their gold, you kill their tames, all their NPCs mutany, you sink all their ships, and make it so they cant even spawn out there. Why not just kill a damn whale instead to avoid pvp? Your already avoiding pvp with offline raiding.

So there you go to all the offline raiders, please stop killing the game, or to the devs, ark official servers badly  needed orp across all pvp servers, game would be much better, what are you gonna do with atlas? Keep it like ark, or try something different and see how orp on a broad scale could work?

Edited by Mike L
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, ShoulderRabbit said:

1) Then don't wait.  Go find someone who IS online.  Don't be a dbag.

2) Problem 1 will be largely solved when more people are playing.  Getting more people to play requires a system that doesn't punish you for needing to take care of real life.

What if my neighbour only plays in China's prime time? - Why should timezone limit protect people in a MMO survival game. 

For the same reason that timezone limits raiders getting together to raid in regular MMOs.  Go find someone else to attack.

Why with all the buffs to Puckles, would I even consider attacking when you might be online so I have to deal with not only the puckle defenses, but a player too?

LOL  So it's not that you want to fight another player, it's that you want EZMODE loot from another player.  All you griefers keep saying we don't need ORP, just build more defenses, and here you are saying you won't fight another player because they've taken your advice and built more defenses.  You've proven exactly why we need ORP.  Because you're not interested in PvP, you just want free/easy loot and to grief.

Online raiding is a nightmare, because they just honeycomb their stuff as you're trying to break in. So when you needed to go through 2 walls, you now need to go through 5? 6 ? 7? Not to mention that any unguarded backdoor or other bed enables them to run back and place a wall where you've just knocked down, potentially even trapping you in. Hell, we stood for an additional 2 hours because we had enough stone walls inside the base to keep popping a hole in our own honeycomb to place a wall back behind the one we'd just lost over and over. Completely resetting the work the attacker had done. 

You mean they're using tactics to defend?!  NO WAI!!!  Why would anyone do that?!  What insanity!!!

You're just proving more and more that you're only interested in free/easy loot.

War Dec's in Eve only counted in Empire

Can we please stop bringing up Eve.  Even as someone who is for ORP, I'm tired of seeing that game brought up.  You can't build there like you can in Atlas.  So it's not even comparable.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2019 at 1:12 AM, Bandit_Black said:

Or go to PVE

You win the award..for dumbest comment of the thread.

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow
  • Like 1

@Mike L You've made a huge amount of assumptions and accusations from a very simply put, bullet point list. 
-Shock and Awe, involves getting mortared. 
-Fun strats are fun when it's not your 6th hour attacking a well supplied and active base when they're additionally doing naked runs placing fresh walls/gliding in to barrel your multiple cannon bears/throwing oil jars to impede you're process before placing an instant 100% hp wall. Unfortunately, it gets down to attrition. 
- A naked with a wall costs the attacker another 26 odd cannon balls and can be done every minute or two. The respawn timer is a minute or two depending on how long since your last death. If anything, I hope you understand how unbalanced this action is. 
- The ground war is never over when you're invading active players
- Online players respawn, they don't stop once you've beaten them once. 
- Half the time bases are up on cliffs and unassailable by bears (assuming the defender has brains). Meaning you need to bring grenades which are heavy, low damage and costly depending on where you are. Add the extremely high chances of multiple crossing puckles to be killed before you can even start on the base.
-Why would you ever kill a whale after the discovery points? It's much much much more efficient to do common maps in your own grid with a tame. Gather them over 3 days, you'll get multiple on the same locations. 

On 2/26/2019 at 10:55 PM, Mike L said:

Stop whining that you wont be able to play without offline raiding! Offline raiding is not a fun or essential part of the game in any way! It's a shortcut at the expense of another players or group of players progress!

Didn't say that, that's entirely you putting words in my mouth.
Hopefully that covers all of your reply. Also, I've been wiped twice by being online raided. It's not glorious or fun either, because it usually requires a huge imbalance in the amount of players, forcing a lag fest. Which in turn irritates the defenders more when they get teleported out of their own grid. 

Edited by ShoulderRabbit
  • Like 1

On 2/27/2019 at 3:37 AM, CazzT said:

1) Then don't wait.  Go find someone who IS online.  Don't be a dbag.

2) Problem 1 will be largely solved when more people are playing.  Getting more people to play requires a system that doesn't punish you for needing to take care of real life.

For the same reason that timezone limits raiders getting together to raid in regular MMOs.  Go find someone else to attack.

LOL  So it's not that you want to fight another player, it's that you want EZMODE loot from another player.  All you griefers keep saying we don't need ORP, just build more defenses, and here you are saying you won't fight another player because they've taken your advice and built more defenses.  You've proven exactly why we need ORP.  Because you're not interested in PvP, you just want free/easy loot and to grief.

You mean they're using tactics to defend?!  NO WAI!!!  Why would anyone do that?!  What insanity!!!

You're just proving more and more that you're only interested in free/easy loot.

Can we please stop bringing up Eve.  Even as someone who is for ORP, I'm tired of seeing that game brought up.  You can't build there like you can in Atlas.  So it's not even comparable.

Tad rude, I shall reply similarly. 
The Eve mention was just to clear up the incorrect/lacking information people keep spouting on here, and how it could be retro fitted onto this game in a similar fashion. There are comparable aspects but I don't mind following your lead on shutting down discussion on a forum for discussion. Stalin. 

We're playing a game entirely based around killing, looting and gathering. Yes I'm interested in free/easy loot. Anyone who honestly believes otherwise is playing on the PVE server. Or actually, the diplo game. Who isn't looking for efficient ways to gather the resources required? - The alternative is plain stupidity. 

Yes, people use tactics to defend.:classic_rolleyes: I'd suggest you look up the definition of tactic, it's quite broad. What you're doing right now, is a tactic. 
I have an issue with being able to instantly place a 10k hp stone wall minutes after it's just been blown out. I imagine anyone that's actually attacked a base has an issue with this too. 

Again, another person putting words in the other persons mouth to suit their argument. What I was saying, and I'll put it slowly because maybe you didn't grasp it the first time was: 
If you're fighting against a player, 1v1. Then sure that seems like a good fight. 
If you're fighting against a player, 1v1 + a puckle or three. That seems like a bad fight.
What's the alternative if you're trying to gain something? Just fighting the puckles and not the additional player. 
Why is this important in the sphere of 'pvp'? Because most of the players on this game don't leave there bases for long. Especially without anything of value, out of fear of losing said items (BP's, green/blue/purples, rare resources). Which is (written above) the main goal of these sorts of games, kill and loot. 

Now the reason why loot is important, and why the whole 'greed' over actual 'pvp' arguement is a lie. Is that if people just wanted kills, they'd sit in the freeport with a cannon boat and follow out players on rafts and sloops till they leave the grid. It's the easiest way to find players, track and kill them. FYI people did actually do that in the first month of the game. 

• Like 1

Well there you have it there going with a war system, if done right maybe better than strait orp.  

8 hours ago, ShoulderRabbit said:

@Mike L You've made a huge amount of assumptions and accusations from a very simply put, bullet point list. 

No I made an assumption, that you used a cannon bear against online players, which is going to be a weak strat, and slow seiging vs online players, nothing big about it. 

Also shock and awe strat doesnt mean mortars, it CAN mean mortar, because those do alot of damage, but I was meaning anything that can do massive destruction quickly. 

A ship loaded with large cannons can certainly do alot of damage to bases close to water. 

My point was ,if I'm sitting in my base with resources and you hit my gate or wall with one cannon bear, it's not very threatening. I know I'll be able to gear out and distract you to place a wall or two to keep ya out. 

If you hit the wall with a large cannon barrage of 10-15 larges, then I'd have to think pretty quick to save stuff, or stop you from getting in. 

And if it's too far inland or up high ,then mortaring probably Is the best option, that or setting barrels. 

On 2/10/2019 at 5:22 PM, vaylain said:

I believe this game has a lot in common with ARK. I played ARK profusely every freaking day for 2years. This game has its uniqueness as well and that is fun but the part I most despise about this game is the sea/sailing. I abhor that aspect as it is extremely boring, arduous, and time-consuming. I prefer the build and tame aspect on land. I hated the caustic mentality on ARK where peeps use broken dinos and feel that they have to raid every single structure.

So far, I am NOT seeing this on Atlas and I love it for that. It is the fact that this game has survival, building, taming, and ARK controls that brought me over to Atlas but your comment that this game should not be about land and focus only on the sea is bullcrap. If they made it that way, I would certainly have to leave. Just because it has sailing and pirates does not make it 100% about the sea. The land was a very big deal for the pirate scene as well. I'd say it should be at least 50/50 for land and sea as their focus. Remember, Pirates need land zones to recoup and resupply.

No I did not mean only be focused on sea, just more of it pointing to the sea, I don't mind the tames/land etc and i also see the many strains this game can offer, pvp/pve/ trading/survival etc, this game can be an absolute stomper if it is done right as it has little bits of everything in it that appeal to a vast amount of gamers imo. Half the issue i think was the meta of ark was automatically applied by players in this game, this should now change slowly as the  meta changes, so thank you devs. You are listening without a doubt.

Edited by Dosomething

On 3/1/2019 at 9:11 PM, Mike L said:

Well there you have it there going with a war system, if done right maybe better than strait orp.  

No I made an assumption, that you used a cannon bear against online players, which is going to be a weak strat, and slow seiging vs online players, nothing big about it. 

Also shock and awe strat doesnt mean mortars, it CAN mean mortar, because those do alot of damage, but I was meaning anything that can do massive destruction quickly. 

A ship loaded with large cannons can certainly do alot of damage to bases close to water. 

My point was ,if I'm sitting in my base with resources and you hit my gate or wall with one cannon bear, it's not very threatening. I know I'll be able to gear out and distract you to place a wall or two to keep ya out. 

If you hit the wall with a large cannon barrage of 10-15 larges, then I'd have to think pretty quick to save stuff, or stop you from getting in. 

And if it's too far inland or up high ,then mortaring probably Is the best option, that or setting barrels. 

I don't think you read what he said. Or I think he was trying to say your shock and awe tactic involved getting mortared. Or atleast that's how i read it, because in my experience that's what happens. If the base has been worth trying to break into, they've got a ton of mortars set up. Never tried hitting a base with a boat since getting hit by one myself. Captain died, boat was immobile for the next 2 hits. Crew dead/ panels missing/sail almost gone. No thanks. Never again =]

But yeah, I've done those tactics in sieges. Have one fella shoot fire arrows at the cannon bears. They stop firing then a team mate patches all the holes in the walls. It's so broken. Lasted  3/4 hours in a 5x5 against Enslaved when they were shooting barrels/cannon balls off multiple bears 😄

On 3/1/2019 at 6:36 AM, ShoulderRabbit said:

Tad rude, I shall reply similarly. 

You're a griefer.  You get what you reap.

On 3/3/2019 at 2:44 AM, CazzT said:

You're a griefer.  You get what you reap.

Weak discussion technique there. I'll take that as your surrender. 

On 2/10/2019 at 1:22 AM, vaylain said:

This game has its uniqueness as well and that is fun but the part I most despise about this game is the sea/sailing. I abhor that aspect as it is extremely boring, arduous, and time-consuming.

I personally love the sailing aspect, and would like to see this part of the game expand.  I would love to see even more game content added that makes you want to go to sea.  I would even play some PvE in that case, to be able to enjoy a more realistic sailing experience, without every ship I come across seeing it as a chance for PvP action.  This would also allow for more island based adventure.  I do hate that every venture onto an island could be ruined by the locals.   I would like more PvE content on islands to add depth to the game.  More caves to explore with baddies to fight.  That is what I disliked about ARK.  It was almost exclusively focused on base building and fighting.

I should tell you that if you don't like to sail, and find it boring, you should find a good Unofficial, as they often have 4 to 6 islands in a grid.  Thus less sailing time between islands.  I see too many people allowing their ego to convince them that if they are not on official, then they are somehow missing out.  They have this warped notion that unofficial is a lesser version of the game.  Not even close to true.  If anything, you get more of the game on unofficial.  Mods add game content, the grids tend to have more islands, smaller groups of friends can have a more successful experience, etc.. You just have to find the one that suits you.  If everyone adds just a couple of dollars per month to the server fee, the servers remain functioning over a long period.  I haven't had a single one shut down on me so far, but I have a knack for finding stable communities.

Who should definitely be on unofficial servers?  Those who can't play every day, or have limited hours to play, because many unofficials have stacking mods, and faster rates, which allow for more stable game play, even when you can't be on every day.  You just have to find the one that suits you.  Not all of them have boosted rates, or stacking mods.  Keep this in mind...while you on official, are smashing rocks, a guy on unofficial is killing cyclops.

15 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

I personally love the sailing aspect, and would like to see this part of the game expand.  I would love to see even more game content added that makes you want to go to sea.  I would even play some PvE in that case, to be able to enjoy a more realistic sailing experience, without every ship I come across seeing it as a chance for PvP action.  This would also allow for more island based adventure.  I do hate that every venture onto an island could be ruined by the locals.   I would like more PvE content on islands to add depth to the game.  More caves to explore with baddies to fight.  That is what I disliked about ARK.  It was almost exclusively focused on base building and fighting.

I should tell you that if you don't like to sail, and find it boring, you should find a good Unofficial, as they often have 4 to 6 islands in a grid.  Thus less sailing time between islands.

Naw, I only play official since you cannot trust any unofficial server. They make drastic sudden gameplay changes or may just cancel the server all-together, leaving you with nothing and wasting all of your time. No thanks, I prefer the stability of the Official Servers, from the Official Company.

*I mitigate the boring sailing part by AFK-sailing at the borders of the maps and setting up lots of one-by-one bunkers on notable islands to fast travel for return visits.

I would, actually love to sail in this game IF Grapeshot had made this more of an adventure game, where every island was unique with adventure, treasures, loot, monsters, and beasts but the game does not have this aspect I am afraid. Instead, almost all islands feel exactly the same, so the only real reason to travel around the map is for discovery points and resources...boring!

Edited by vaylain

4 minutes ago, vaylain said:

Naw, I only play official since you cannot trust any unofficial server. They make drastic sudden gameplay changes or may just cancel the server all-together, leaving you with nothing and wasting all of your time. No thanks, I prefer the stability of the Official Servers, from the Official Company.

*I mitigate the boring sailing part by offline-sailing at the borders of the maps and setting up lots of one-by-one bunkers on notable islands for fast traveling on return visits.

As I said, I have played on a few, and they have been very stable, so your phobia is unwarranted.  If you are looking for more of a vanilla experience, but less time sailing, those servers exist also.

You know what's boring to me?  Smashing a rock many many times for little resources.  Grinding is not fun, which is why it was named grinding.

On 2/3/2019 at 2:08 AM, labatts said:

You do not have to play that way. like you said there are private servers you can play on that have rules and ORP.

Show me a private server that operates at full capacity and I will hop right on it, until then I am stuck with live and I paid for the game and can ask for it to change just like you. Simple fact is that for years apon years hardcore gamers have touted that snowflakes ruin their games but the sheer loss of players is what ruins it. Hardcore gamers would bite their own foot off to spite their face. Non stop conquest run the whole live server until there's only 2 or 3 big boys on the block and then they all treaty up and have a boring game with no one to fight because only a fraction of the player base remains.

Large wormhole corps in Eve learned that lesson the hard way by evicting anyone who could put up a fight until the point came when they rage rolled on Friday nights and found no one to fight. Sure they made money in peace but had no one left to fight with their blinged out ships and that=loss. 

Everquest went through the same thing on Sullon Zek a pvp server that allowed players to pvp from level 10 up with no restrictions(This lead to the most brutal camping of leveling players I have ever seen and have yet to find a game remotely as brutal In that respect. I have seen afk players whos bind spot was found by another team camped and killed until they lost max level all the way back to level 10...To level to max was a feat in itself back then. Let alone get geared unless you had a great guild) Three teams battled for supremacy. Evil, Neutral and Good. Evil made a truce with Good which allowed them to successfully complete raid content which soon skyrocketed their gear far past the other teams. They backed out of their truce and fought to keep either of the teams from completing any of the raid content. The players on the neutral teams were more skilled in pvp but didn't have the gear to stand against the elite groups on Evil team and eventually that and the griefing of lower level players so far out of hand that SZ was dubbed the ghetto of Everquest. These practices eventually lead to the demise of pvp servers in general. Finally a mass exodus to Wow happened only a few days after they combined all the servers in EQ to one server with a bjorked ruleset.

I could go on and on but the fact is that some fair play changes to help smaller groups will in fact eventually lead to more ship battles which is the REAL reason people are here. Not to raid bases...there's a crap ton of other games for that and they do it far better on both defending and attacking sides.

On 3/9/2019 at 5:57 AM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Now hold on a minute in post after post recently you have stated that I am a "PVO" players while you are the true PVP player and yet here we have it in your words you saying that you don't like PVP and would rather avoid it. 

Why don't you do everyone here a favor and go do some base building on some quaint PVE server and let the real warriors have their battles they enjoy on PVP servers.

10 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Now hold on a minute in post after post recently you have stated that I am a "PVO" players while you are the true PVP player and yet here we have it in your words you saying that you don't like PVP and would rather avoid it. 

Why don't you do everyone here a favor and go do some base building on some quaint PVE server and let the real warriors have their battles they enjoy on PVP servers.

Incorrect.  You don't understand English when you read it, do you?  Note the word SOME.  Idiot.  In other words, since I have 5 years actually at sea, I know what it is like to be at sea, and this game nails the look of it, when it is not disrupting that with game stuff...like dodging a lot of SotD, Cyclones, and other players.

I do not dislike PvP.  I like PvP.  But I also like things like exploring, sailing, diving for treasure, etc...

But, when I PvP, I do not want to hit somebody's base with 100 people, when they only have 10 online.  This is what you fail to understand.  This is what defines a PvP player.  When there is to be PvP action, we want there to be PvP, not PvO.  I get no satisfaction out of demolishing a lightly defended base, let alone an undefended base.  No joy whatsoever.  No challenge.

I want the game to offer more challenges than just PvP.  I want it to not be repetitious.  So I want caves to search for and discover.  Caves that you must find on your own.  And inside I want to be surprised by challenges I am not expecting.  I hate that every game these days, ends up just being a meta...this is how you do it, and here is the youtube video to show you how.  I like challenges, not simple procedures to victory, which is why ARK became boring.

You are not hardcore.  You avoid challenges, and every post you make proves it because you keep begging against hope, for your ability to hit soft targets to be retained.  I don't want soft targets.  I want hard targets to hit.  THAT is the difference between you and me.  You are soft, not hardcore.